+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why Is AJ Just Supposed To Be A Mirror Of S Club 8

FORT Fanatic

Why Is AJ Just Supposed To Be A Mirror Of S Club 8

I really don't understand why American Juniors is supposed to be a mirror of SClub8. I know Simon Fuller based the AJ concept off the SClub Juniors concept, but you don't see Kelly Clarkson covering every song by whoever won on Pop Idol in Britain.

Cover pop groups don't last (ask the A-Teens); and then no one respects you if you try to release your own single.

I don't see why they can't release their OWN single first - then cover an S Club song as their second.

FORT Fan
    Because 19 entertainment is cheap...and because the show has bad ratings. Many/most of the songs they sing on american idol were also sung on Pop Idol...they have recycled Over the Rainbow thru Kim L, Tamyra *where they "borrowed" the arrangement of Eva Cassidy, a wonderful but deceased singer...and then morgan sang it on juniors...both clay and justin did "Unchained Melody" and so did their number 2 guy on Pop Idols...I could go on and on..whole lists of songs...
    call me by Carmen and Lucy...

easier for them to buy "reusable" rights to songs maybe?? after all, reubans first single, flying without wings, was a super hit for 19 entertainments Irish Boy Band "Westlife"..

with 19 entertainment, their musical theory is..."waste not, want not" LOL JMO

FORT Fanatic
    Yeah, but you don't see everyone from AI/AI2 who's released singles simply banking on the idea from England to sell records. Plus, they have more vocal talent, so they have respect anyway.

When you have a show like AJ, that doesn't have too many viewers - you don't have as many people feeling obligated to buy their records. Thus, you have to earn them street credentials as a regular group.

I thought the "S Club 8" was called "S Club 7" did they add a new member??

anyways, i dont think that they will be a mirror of S Club 8 because S Club 8 has a TV show. I think they will just be another group.
    LUCY HALE IS AWESOME!!!!

FORT Fanatic
    S Club 7 is a totally different group.

Not totally sure on details, but they backed a Simon Fuller talent contest to pick an S Club Juniors group. Supposedly, the producers didn't want to market them as a 'juniors' group, so just named them S Club 8.

And, what I'm saying is - they've now covered two singles in a row in the group video - and the final group is set to release a cover of another one of their songs. Not a big fan of the idea.

Snellville... hometown of music's next big superstar.
    I think that the idea is stupid as well. Not to mention the songs are stupid too. I prefer "Cheeseburgers for Me" over both of those other two songs. One step closer isn't too bad.
    YDiana DeGarmo One VoiceY

She dreamed... the impossible dream. She fought the unbeatable foe.
    She's still standing better than she ever did...

This is it! This time I know it's for real.

MY AMERICAN IDOL
    Did you think this fool could never win? Look at her, she's coming back again!

lol im soooo dumb. i thought you guys were talking about aj from american juniors but now i know that aj also = american juniors.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyHope
    lol im soooo dumb. i thought you guys were talking about aj from american juniors but now i know that aj also = american juniors.
    holy crap, i just realized that. :stupid

I am not a big fan of S club 8 either I've seen them preform on my satilite and there songs are so cheesy including one step closer!!

Go Adria and Natalie! CaNaDiAn FaN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wid789456
    I am not a big fan of S club 8 either I've seen them preform on my satilite and there songs are so cheesy including one step closer!!
    WHAT!!
    i dont think theyre songs are cheesy
    did you know theyre new single will be sundown, the same song that taylor tori and chauncey sang
    the songs are getting better now because the group is getting older
    Currently Watching:
    Big Brother 5 - Canadian Idol

- Nokomis - Theresa

+ Reply to Thread