+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Single from all 10 to be released August 12

. i agree i can't see this group making it very far. IMO i don't think the music bus. needs another kid group.

Did anyone notice that, in the pictures at www.americanjuniorsmusic.com, Chauncey is wearing the same shirt that he wore when he sant Hey There, Lonely Girl, Taylor is wearing the same shirt/tie she wore on the first performance show after she got in the group - but her hair is different, Tori is wearing the same outfit/earrings that she wore when she sang Bad Moon Rising - but her hair is different, and Chantel is wearing the same shirt/earrings that she wore on the episode when Lucy got into the group (i know she wore that outfit but im not positive if it was that episode) - but her hair is different. all of the other juniors are wearing different outfits (right?) anyone know why that is?
    I Love American Juniors!!!
    Congratulations to DANIELLE WHITE! Lucy Hale, Chauncey Matthews, and Taylor and Tori Thompson!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth
    I still think this group is doomed for failure...

A few reasons why:

1) The compilation CD. This CD is being released for Jive to test the waters. They want to see what kind of market is out there for these kids. IF the compilation CD does not sell well, I can see Jive not wanting to distribute a CD by the final group of 5. Judging from the lukewarm TV ratings and the track listing for the CD, I can't see it being a huge success.

Nobody who didn't watch the TV show is going to want this CD- who really wants to hear little kids sing Open Arms and Proud Mary? It was a mistake NOT to get away from these old songs, and let these kids perform newer, age-appropriate songs like they did on the last episode.

2) No hit single. I just can't picture this "One Step Closer" song being a hit. It's cheesy as hell...probably the type of song most would be embarassed to even like.

3) RCA did not decide to pick up the group. Not sure exactly how the label-selection process goes, but I'm assuming that RCA would have first dibs (since they do on the Idols). IF RCA passed on these kids, they didn't see the juniors as a money-making asset. Jive does have a good track record with teen artists, so maybe 19E chose Jive for their marketing capabilities...but I'm still skeptical.
    I'm a little less skeptical than you are (but only because I realize I don't know squat about marketing pop music). My responses:

1) You're right about nobody but a fan of the show wanting the CD. I think they are testing the show concept to see if viewers got hooked enough to buy a soundtrack CD, not the same as testing the market for the group, who WILL do songs like the ones from the last show. They are probably just trying to make as much money as possible out of the show before it disappears.

2) I don't know about this. I like the S Club version of "One Step Closer," but I'm not the target audience.

3) RCA and Jive are both part of the BMG family. It's not a question of RCA turning the group down. I'm sure BMG just thought it was a better fit, concerning which market they are trying to tap into. Jive has a lot of pop stars - Britney, Justin, Aaron & Nick Carter, *NSYNC, etc.

I still say it remains to be seen, depending on what the group of 5 does with their first CD. Song choice is key.

Snellville... hometown of music's next big superstar.
    Even if they do make an album with the group members, I can see it being all S Club songs. What a waste.
    YDiana DeGarmo One VoiceY

She dreamed... the impossible dream. She fought the unbeatable foe.
    She's still standing better than she ever did...

This is it! This time I know it's for real.

MY AMERICAN IDOL
    Did you think this fool could never win? Look at her, she's coming back again!

FORT Fan
    zippy- You made some good points. I'm not the target audience either, so it's tough for to me tell.

Supposedly, the group's debut album is going to be all S Club covers. From what I've heard, I haven't enjoyed these S Club songs at all. I think they are going in the right direction with age-appropriate songs, but they need to get some new songs for this group. JMO

edit: Hey Jeff- didn't think anyone would reply so fast before I could edit my post LOL, so I changed it back. No big deal.
    Last edited by TheTruth; 08-07-2003 at 02:57 AM.

Snellville... hometown of music's next big superstar.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth
    Supposedly, the group's debut album is going to be all S Club covers. From what I've heard, I haven't enjoyed these S Club songs at all. I think they are going in the right direction with age-appropriate songs, but they need to get some new songs for this group. JMO
    Oh my goodness. Who are these idiots making these decisions? Why do they expect America to go out and spend money whenever they did no work at all in getting this CD together. Just recycled a bunch of songs from another group. This whole thing just gets worse and worse.
    YDiana DeGarmo One VoiceY

She dreamed... the impossible dream. She fought the unbeatable foe.
    She's still standing better than she ever did...

This is it! This time I know it's for real.

MY AMERICAN IDOL
    Did you think this fool could never win? Look at her, she's coming back again!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Katelyn&Carmen
    Oh my goodness. Who are these idiots making these decisions? Why do they expect America to go out and spend money whenever they did no work at all in getting this CD together. Just recycled a bunch of songs from another group. This whole thing just gets worse and worse.
    You unintenionally made a good point. 19E aren't idiots- they are cheap and greedy. Instead of hiring expensive songwriters and producers, they can throw together an album of songs that they already own the rights to.

This pretty much ensures that we will see an album from the group, regardless of the sales of the compilation. The album should cost very little money for 19E and Jive to produce, so even if sales are low, they didn't invest much money and will still profit.

This totally sucks, I wished someone with some real brains had ran this show. Then their wouldnt be so much bull-crap we have to complain about now. AJ had the potential to be a great show and produce a very successful group. But, some rich bonehead at FOX got lazy and let the whole thing go down the drain. I so wish this show did better, so the group could do great and we would actually hear from them after AJ ended, but they way most people are talking it appears as if they expect the group to fail. I now expect that to happen, I really DONT want that to happen because it would cause great talent like AJ, Lucy, and Danielle, to be put to total waste. What sucks above all else though is that we are most likely never gonna hear from a majority of the juniors again, because the PISS-POOR job the people at FOX/19E did. Like you guys are saying they dont give a flying- rabbit about anything expect putting more money in their bank accounts, damn bastards. But hey what can I do, I just a dumb kid. Its really a damn shame how things are going in this world today, and it seems like their no more good people out their to do anything about it. If I, a child, believes that, which I do, then the world is most definitly lost. I still believe in the back of my mind that their are some truly good people still left in the world though, so maybe theirs hope, yet.

Sorry guys for getting off topic but, I feel I had to say something. Well Im done now, Im kool.

Later days....
    "Be confident in your abilities, be true to your beliefs, work hard for your benefit, accept your responsibilities, and never settle on being average."

FORT Fan
    The thing is 19E is going to try to pass off these songs like they are originals. The majority of the American public has never heard of S Club or any of their songs. Ryan Seacrest introduced the theme as "songs from the upcoming album," not "covers of S Club songs."

For those that aren't reading these message boards (which is most of the viewers), they probably aren't clued in on this. If it wasn't for this message board, I personally would've never even known about S Club. So essentially, most of the people buying the CD will be duped into thinking they are getting a CD of orignal songs.
    Last edited by TheTruth; 08-07-2003 at 03:56 AM.

Because of American Juniors, I now have most of the songs that S Club 8 has done on mp3, and I like most of them. But they don't sound to me like what plays in the top forty radio stations in America. Maybe it's like what plays on radio disney - I don't know - can't get that to come in on my radio. Ryan only said that Tuesday's songs were SOME of what would be on the debut album - maybe they will only do a couple of covers of S Club songs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast