+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Single from all 10 to be released August 12

Snellville... hometown of music's next big superstar.
    Yeah if they dont show them there, then it's their own fault that they have no viewers. People want to feel like they know people on reality shows and we've hardly heard the juniors speak at all, only sing.
    YDiana DeGarmo One VoiceY

She dreamed... the impossible dream. She fought the unbeatable foe.
    She's still standing better than she ever did...

This is it! This time I know it's for real.

MY AMERICAN IDOL
    Did you think this fool could never win? Look at her, she's coming back again!

Latest News - I cut & pasted it here because if you go to their website you get 6-7 pop-ups, but the URL is at the bottom.

Huge News On The Upcoming American Juniors Record-Releases
    Written By Ben Johnson On 08.05.03

The following information is based off of a release sent in by Jive Records.

Jive Records has signed a deal with 19 Recordings to release "One Step Closer" on 8/12. The song, written by Cathy Dennis, will be preformed by all ten finalists on the show, even though only five make the actual group. The single should start appearing on the radio Friday. The actual commercial single will be equipped with One Step Closer, as well as two remixed versions of Kids In America.

On 9/9, a debut album, Kids In America, will be released by all ten finalists, with each finalist performing one track. No word if these will be new performances, or just recorded versions of individual performances the contestants used in the finals.

The final group member will be named next week (8/12), with the group of five performing on 8/19.

http://www.enewszone.com/tv/news/1060111685.html

So I wonder how long we have to wait for the group of five to record something?

Btw, from what I heard about remixes of Kelly's Miss Independent, these are different versions of the song intended for the DJs so that each radio station can pick which one fits their playlist - that way they hope for more stations to be playing it. So it looks like they are trying to get airplay on both songs. If I'm mistaken about that, somebody please correct me.

AJ's CD

This CD looks to be a total bust. All the songs that we've heard them do already, and songs that have been ripped off other groups. It looks like the mian song is gunna be the intro song, not very creative. Although it does sound good. Take a listen at www.americanjuniorsmusic.com

Where on that website can you listen to anything?

yeah i love 1 step closer by s club 8!! its well cool but i think the american one will be better

OK, I now know it plays in the background - duh

FORT Fan
    I believe Lucy and Danielle sing lead vocals on "One Step Closer."

Snellville... hometown of music's next big superstar.
    I HATE the individual song choices that the producers made for the kids. The kids could either pick their semi final song or 1969 theme song.
    YDiana DeGarmo One VoiceY

She dreamed... the impossible dream. She fought the unbeatable foe.
    She's still standing better than she ever did...

This is it! This time I know it's for real.

MY AMERICAN IDOL
    Did you think this fool could never win? Look at her, she's coming back again!

Yeah, I wish they had chosen to record something that we hadn't already heard like they did for the AI2 Love Songs CD. I have no incentive to buy that CD when I already have it all on mp3s - plus I sort of wanted to hear Tori sing something appropriate for a child for once.

FORT Fan
    I still think this group is doomed for failure...

A few reasons why:

1) The compilation CD. This CD is being released for Jive to test the waters. They want to see what kind of market is out there for these kids. IF the compilation CD does not sell well, I can see Jive not wanting to distribute a CD by the final group of 5. Judging from the lukewarm TV ratings and the track listing for the CD, I can't see it being a huge success.

Nobody who didn't watch the TV show is going to want this CD- who really wants to hear little kids sing Open Arms and Proud Mary? It was a mistake NOT to get away from these old songs, and let these kids perform newer, age-appropriate songs like they did on the last episode.

2) No hit single. I just can't picture this "One Step Closer" song being a hit. It's cheesy as hell...probably the type of song most would be embarassed to even like.

3) RCA did not decide to pick up the group. Not sure exactly how the label-selection process goes, but I'm assuming that RCA would have first dibs (since they do on the Idols). IF RCA passed on these kids, they didn't see the juniors as a money-making asset. Jive does have a good track record with teen artists, so maybe 19E chose Jive for their marketing capabilities...but I'm still skeptical.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast