+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The group's competition.

The group's competition.

If and when the group finally hits the market and comes out with a cd and stuff, do you guys think they will pose any threat or be any competition to the girl and boy groups that are already out? I think and hope the future group will find at least some success in the states but, if they really want to sell some records then they probably will have to go overseas, but their are already many good groups over their that they will have to compete with. One in particular, the S club Juniors, personally I dont think that the group will have enough exposure to jump straight into the record selling game. So what they should do is have a Making the Band tpye show that will come on once weekly that will get us more in touch with the group and it's members. The members of the S club juniors are older and have more experience than the current members of the AJ group, so I think it would be very difficult for the AJ group to steal any of S clubs fans. Now, if the group would have had a 3 older/2 younger junior ratio then I really think they could have did something, but FOX choose to go the stupid route, which really doesn't make any sense at all when you think about it. Why in the hell would they have three smaller younger kids with soft voices, in a group with two taller and older kids with very powerful voices. Ok, well what do you guys think.
    "Be confident in your abilities, be true to your beliefs, work hard for your benefit, accept your responsibilities, and never settle on being average."

FORT Fan
    Let's be real here. This group is not going to conquer the world...but they can be successful within a niche. These juniors can serve as idols for the pre-teen crowd. Look at all these kids that are posting on this board...they think that AJ is better than AI, and Tori and Taylor are their idols. For the young kids whose music tastes haven't developed yet and who beg their parents to buy any catchy, manufactured pop CD...this will be a good fix for them.

Making the band type show? I doubt many would watch...probably too many growing pains to air on TV.

What I could see is an after-school or Saturday-morning type variety show like MMC...where they sing and perform in skits. Probably worth airing for Fox or FX in those time slots. And I expect this group to make an appearance or two on AI2.

They need to be careful to not be too cheesy with marketing this group...otherwise they'll suffer a backlash and this group could even become a punchline amongst the elementary school crowd.

oh god please don't let this group appear on AI3

i want to see them appear on A3

I want them to have their own show, We have been watching this show for more than two months now, we voted for our favorites, and became fond of a couple of juniors. I would like to see some sort of weekly show that tells us about what the group is doing. It would be an awful waste of talent, epspecially for Lucy and AJ. if they didnt get at least a little more exposure.
    "Be confident in your abilities, be true to your beliefs, work hard for your benefit, accept your responsibilities, and never settle on being average."

FORT Fan
    HI...well apparently fox was gonna continue a show with them till the fall and then start Juniors 3...then they decided against it, put in the new show "Performing As" and it seems the fall season of AJ is up in the air...I personally think it would too soon to form another group..

I do think this group could do well with a cd, and after school or sat "specials"....and also holiday specials...I can totally see the kids at Macys Thanksgiving day parade as host/hostesses of the show for fox....I can see them doing a christmas special....etc.

+ Reply to Thread