+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Who Do You Think Shocked Fox/19E The Most?

FORT Fanatic

Who Do You Think Shocked Fox/19E The Most?

Out of the voting, who do you think came as the biggest shock to FOX so far, in getting into the group.

I guess I'm going to have to say Lucy. She was underrated up until last week, when suddenly 19E changed (I guess they soured on Chantel) and suddenly put this huge campaign up to get Lucy in.

Tori probably shocked people the week she got in; but it was obvious she was going in.

Chauncey & Taylor I think were the true "locks" for the night they got in; while Tori was also a lock, just not the 2nd week. Lucy was based on talent, and producers suddenly realizing they could make money off her voice.

The only shock was Chauncey.

Lucy wasn't a shock to me, because Fox recognized Lucy's talent from early on(because remember during auditions, they showed Lucy outside, before she even auditioned singing to the camera, and it wasn't once, it was twice), so i don't think it was a shock, however, I do think Fox thought Chantal would be more favorable for the group than Lucy was. Then Lucy, during the competition was more consistant than Chantal, and that's what turned the tides and they chose Lucy over Chantal. The thompson sisters was no suprise at all obviously.

The reason Chauncey is a shock, if anyone, is because I don't remember him receiving much air time before the competition shows began, and I didn't feel he even deserved to be in the top 10 either. And the first performance he did when it was down to the final ten was horrible. So for him to make this huge change all of a sudden was a big surprise compared to everyone else.

my 4 1/2 cents

I think that 19 is probably incredibly surprised (and not particularly happy) that AJ has been so lackluster, I am sure that they started pulling their hair out the moment no guys made it through the second semis as that risked exactly what they might be headed for, 4 girls and 1 guy and that's just not something they can market at all (nor did they want 4 guys and 1 girl) and were counting on AJ as a shoo-in then praying for Chauncey (its been obvious from week one that Morgan had zero chance) to get in to give them two guys- they may still get that but I doubt it. I think that Katelyn will actually pick up a goodly number of votes from people who voted for Lucy this week and it's clear Chantel has a big following so he may not even finish second let alone first.

Second, I think that they were really pulling for Danielle, she's really the only singer in her niche, a sweet voiced mellow toned audience pleasing singer. The songs they gave her in the Semis and the first two weeks were absolutely tailor made for her, and when that didn't work they have tried twice now to dress her up and have her move around like a Thompson Sister with no postive results whatsoever. At this point think her chances of making it are all but extinguished.

I find the whines and moans that they have fixed things to be comical, no one with the least sense of marketing would have chosen the four kids who have made it through as the first four in (not that 19 has shown any knowledge of how to maket the AJ product but that's a different paragraph).
    I think the producers are going to bury the American Juniors about 10 minutes after the last show cuz there's liittle or nothing else they can do at this point. There will be an album that will be greeted by sheer apathy and poof it will all be gone.

I am sure if you eavesdropped on their production planning they would have more or less planned for this group (its a pretty prototypical vocal group)

1. POWER SINGER (CHANTEL, LUCY, KATELYN which also takes care of having a "hot chick" in the group)
    2. MALE HEARTTHROB (AJ,CANYON maybe QUENTIN)
    3. SWEET AND MELLOW ( DANIELLE, maybe LAUREN, sort of but not really CHAUNCEY)
    4. VERYYYYYY ENERGETIC (TORI,TAYLOR,JORDAN,MERCEDES,T YLER, MORGAN)
    5. VERY ENERGETIC PART 2/POWER SINGER PART2 (choose one)

As you can see its not gone real well for them

I also think AJ got so far off-track because its obvious Simon has had little or no real involvement, no matter what you think of him on-camera he has been the creative soul behind AI. He didn't sign his contract extension with FOX until AK was wellllll under way and was clearly spending that time period on the ill fated Cupid. It appears AJ was a patchwork thrown together affair
    that never really had a central figure mapping it out. The dancing, wardrobe, song choices, show format (particularly the ZERO behind the scenes footage), camera work, cheesy videos, random song years and virtual avoidance of any real interactions with the singers themselves all scream out that no one who really had a clue what made AI popular was in charge. To be quite honest, given that AJ got the ratings it did when it was mismanaged at such an incredible level, chances are that somone who had the first clue of how to maket a kids based product could probaly get a 10 rating or better on a weekly basis.

FORT Fan
    I think that they were shocked that Canyon didn't make it into the finals. I think they're original thought was to have AJ and Canyon as the two boys...
    "It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies..."

FORT Regular
    Hmm... I do not think they were surprised by Chauncey. They were aiming for him to get in.
    I like cheese!

FORT Frosh
    The biggest shock for the 19E people was in the very first round, seeing Tori and Taylor in the top 3. Lamont Dozier even echoed their disbelief, saying America got it wrong from the start.

FORT Regular
    Nah, 19E has been pushing the Thompsons from the start. If anything they expected that to happen.

Remember, the opinion of the judges don't really mean anything to 19E. Especially the guest judges.

I'm betting they were completely prepared for Tori not Taylor to win week one and didn't really think Taylor would make it in at all. The week one video would have worked just as well with Tori and the week two absolutely suggests that they thought an older contestant would make it and they seemed to have tried to fit the T sisters into it rather than changing. The fact that Tori in particular gets little camera time and solo action in group performances tells you all you need to know about the fact that talent wise they aren't high on 19's opinion list.

Quote Originally Posted by 1083
    The fact that Tori in particular gets little camera time and solo action in group performances tells you all you need to know about the fact that talent wise they aren't high on 19's opinion list.
    I agree. If this was about voice talent and not image, the five in the group would most likely be Morgan, AJ, Chantal, Lucy, and Danielle.

FORT Fan
    Here's my take...

Taylor was nowhere near a lock for the group initially. She was definately THE surprise of the voting process. Taylor getting voted in the first week was a shocker...almost nobody predicted it. Since Taylor, it's been unbelievably predictable.

If 19E had their way, AJ and Chantel would have definately both been in the group by now. I expect one of two things to happen: 1) AJ is voted in as 5th chair and that's the group...or 2) Chantel is voted in as 5th chair, then 19E adds AJ as 6th chair.

If you ask me, AJ is in a pretty good spot right now. Regardless of what happens in the voting process, it wouldn't make sense to leave AJ out of the group (thus having Chauncey as the only boy- as someone mentioned before, a 4 girl/1 boy group would be extremely awkward to market). 19E has obviously been backing AJ...and he's shown enough in this competition to prove that he belongs in the group.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast