+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone else notice?......

FORT Fogey

Did anyone else notice?......

Just wondering if anyone else noticed that the 4 who DIDN'T make the Top 3, have NEVER made the Top 3 before. Doesn't that tell you something? I think it's pretty funny, seeing as 2 of them sitting over there were better than Aj and Chantel, who were in the Top 3 without deserving it, IMO. I mean, you can just tell who Fox wants in the band....

-Rach

FORT Fan
    It may mean that those four don't have a large enough fan base. If people who had never been in the top three before suddenly made top 3 and were voted in at the same time, I think that I would be a little more surprised and shout conspiracy...
    "It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies..."

FORT Fan
    maledy I cant read that pale blue and green fonts you use, hurts the eyes..

Maybe the kids are not on in the top 3 because they just are not as good, as appealing, they lack the "x factor" who knows???

Jordon is probably the worst of the 10 talent wise, great for lead in a school play, but on this show she is outclassed...

Morgan overacts and lots of us resent the fact we just saw him on another show..little pro..

Katelyn is very pretty, model like...her voice on a cd?? NO thanks...really if she wasnt so pretty her voice alone would have not gotten her on the show..

Admittedly danielle has a lovely sweet voice...but her performances have been off and on, and many apparently feel she would not sound all that great in a group...I have voted for danielle before, and even for katelyn when I was splitting votes...but..

on that last group sing danielles voice was so soft and sweet but it didnt fit in...really bad in group...I dont think any of them have much chance of winning..

JMO>> fans of morgan, jordon and katelyn could better use their votes to get behind one of the ones who have a chance...aj, chantel and yes, danielle...

and splitting votes?? well for the last show it makes NO mathmatical sense JMO
    Last edited by John; 07-31-2003 at 01:07 PM.

FORT Fanatic
    During an AOL interview (video), Lucy actually said she's closest with Chantel out of the entire group, not Katelyn. It was evident the way they were clutching each other for dear life.

And yes, I noticed, and I'm not surprised. This show, like any other reality show, is about fan bases, and it's obvious they don't have strong enough fan bases.
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

Ok I can tell you my opinion but I know that Im going to get yelled at because my name is "ALL MY LUV 2 AJ" and im going to get crap for it but i dont care! For on these are all my opinions

AJ-Has had some good weeks and some not so good. Last night when he sang "Still" he proved he was good enough for the group. He has a very big range and can attract a huge crowd. But then when he sang "My Cherie Amour" for one I hate that song and he didnt do much to it either but he still did good enough for the top 10.

Morgan-I dont know what is up with America he definatly should have been in the top 3 at least once so far. When he sang "Rock with you" My jaw dropped that was an AWESOME preformance!!! But then again he has done a few tv shows from what I have heard and that makes me think hes not as new as the other contestants who this is their first prefomance on tv.

Katelyn-She is the most improved Ill give her that but it may just be her songs but she has not really impressed me much. She is gorgeus and has a great voice but I think she should maybe go home practice for a few more years and when shes about 15 she will be the next hottest thing. She will be a star I know it but I just dont think right now is her time.

Jordan-She is sooo cute and is super talented but I dont know if her voice is strong enough.But like freebiesite said "great for lead in a school play, but on this show she is outclassed..." I just dont think shes what America has invisioned for a new pop sensation.

Danielle-OK NOW IM MAD SHE NEEDS TO BE IN THE TOP 3! For pete sake she has the best voice out of the ten. But maybe America does see that she is the best and they want her to be a solo artist because thats what I want for her. IMO she would not be able to show off her voice if she was in a group but if she was a solo artist it would all shine. And also when she gets out and sings shes not exactly walking around the stage and dancing like the others are doing. I think that may help her if she does that.

Chantel-Im not going to say much about her because I dont want to sound to mean. But I will say shes not my favorite. Honestly she depends on her throat and nose for the high notes and the notes that she has to hold out. Its not very pretty when she does that to me. I really dont want her in the top 3 next week.

I hope no one takes any of these comments as insults they are just my opinions. I know everyone is going to yell at me just because my name says I only love AJ which is not true! I love them all its just AJ is ONE of my favorites
    AJ is my true American Junior!
    ~Heather~

FORT Regular
    Heres what I think has been happening with each of those four:

Jordan - Her performances, although full of energy, have never been up to par. She wasn't focus on at the beginning like the Thompsons were, and didn't have a fanbase then. And she has failed to build one through great performances.

Morgan - He cannot reach his audience. He is full of talent, but has no idea in this stage of his life of how to give the audience what they want. Something about his performances turn people away.

Katelyn - Her performances have been nothing special. And she is constantly told that she should be a model, not a singer. She is facing the same problem with fan base that Jordan is.

Danielle - You may notice that there seem to be two groups of people; those who absolutey adore Danielle's voice, and those who find her plain and boring. The former group is what forms the huge internet fan base she has, and I would guess is made up of young teens (13-17yo). The thing is, they are not this show's target audience. Danielle's performances (except for the Locomotion) have been of the highest quality, but lack the x-factor, cuteness, or explosiveness that other performances get votes with, albiet with lower quality singing. Also, Danielle's first appearance on the show was on the semis. She to is suffering from a lack of early fan foundation.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maleady33
    Just wondering if anyone else noticed that the 4 who DIDN'T make the Top 3, have NEVER made the Top 3 before. Doesn't that tell you something? I think it's pretty funny, seeing as 2 of them sitting over there were better than Aj and Chantel, who were in the Top 3 without deserving it, IMO. I mean, you can just tell who Fox wants in the band....

-Rach

Yes I noticed...and there's a reason...they're just not on the same level as Lucy, Chantel and AJ...don't ask ME about the other 3 already in the group. Chauncey's okay, but the sisters sound like munchkins.

So, I could see those 4 taking one of the first 3 group members spot...but definitely not Lucy's, Chantel's or AJ's.

Jordan Fan + #1 Cedes fan trunks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kefit
    Heres what I think has been happening with each of those four:

Jordan - Her performances, although full of energy, have never been up to par. She wasn't focus on at the beginning like the Thompsons were, and didn't have a fanbase then. And she has failed to build one through great performances.
    She beat Canyon. She must have had some sort of fan base.

Anyway, for the topic. (Of course, my opinnions...)

Morgan - Since Chauncey has gotten into the group and that they might push A.J., I don't think the fans want 3 boys and two girls. I know I don't. He is a good performer, as they all are, but the fans just don't like him.

Danielle - I dunno why she hasn't been in the top 3 yet. She is really good and I just love hearing her sing. I guess America just doesn't like her.

Katelyn - I'd guess because they have been saying she would be better off as a model is why she hasn't made it. Maybe America wants to see her modeling than a performer for this group.

Jordan - As most people know here, I'm a huge Jordan fan. Anyway, the only thing I can think of is not enough people like her. She has been the last on all of the AOL polls and she doesn't have that strong voice like Lucy does. Even though she really shines on the group numbers, she still hasn't made it. We are gonna need atleast one person who can dance or is as perky as she is.

Its just sad that none of these listed has a chance anymore except maybe Danielle. The only way I can think of is if one of them (hopefully Jordan, but not likely) gives a performance that we will never forget, one that will "wow" us and have our jaws on the floor. Then, maybe then other people besides the "die hard fans" will vote for them.

FORT Fogey
    I also found it funny that at the beginning of Wednesday's show, when they show the recap, they showed the comments from the judges for Lucy, Chantel, and AJ.... no one else, and they just happened to be in the Top 3.

-Rach

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maleady33
    I also found it funny that at the beginning of Wednesday's show, when they show the recap, they showed the comments from the judges for Lucy, Chantel, and AJ.... no one else, and they just happened to be in the Top 3.

-Rach
    Hey Rach- No disrespect here, but...so what? They do that every week. Do you expect them to show the comments for all the contestants NOT in the top 3? Everybody and their dog knew that AJ, Lucy, and Chantel would be the top 3...it wasn't exactly a big shocker.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast