+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How would you make it fair?

How would you make it fair?

How would you make the show more fair?

Lots of people say to let the kids pick any songs they want, but even kids might not know what songs are right for them, so I think each week, to make it fair, let all the singers once they reach the final 10, to sing the exact same song each week. One week, it would be a ballad, another week a fast upbeat songs in which they could improvise their own dance to get a hint of how natural they can move, another week sing a medium paced song, another week sing a rock and roll type song, another week sing something else, etc etc.

Atleast this way, no one can say "oh, this singer isn't singing songs to his/her strength" or "Lucy sang powerful songs, but can she sing and dance to Stupid Cupid as well as Jordan did?" or "Chantal is good, but can she do a better job at the Locomotion as Danielle did?" or "Could Lucy and Chantal sing Karen Carpenter's song as good as Danielle did?"

With them singing the same song each week, we won't have to wonder about these questions. We could pretty much, atleast most of us, would agree who was the best overall singer each week with this system.

And after each week, each singer would get a score of either 1 through 10, the best getting 10, the worst getting 1. And people at home would vote for 2 hours after the show, and the next night on wednesday, the person with the most votes would get 10 pts, second place 9 pts, and so on and so on. And after 5 weeks of this, they total up all the scores, and the top 5 would get into the group.

If their is somehow a tie, the tie breaker would go to the person who had the highest score during the competition, for instance, lets say Lucy had 10 one week, than 9 one week, 8 one week, 6 one week, and 4 one week, and she was tied with Danielle, who had 8 three weeks in a row, 7 one week, 6 one week, and both ended up with the same total amount of points (which would be 37 each), the tie breaker would go to Lucy, because she had that 10 that one week. Lets say both had a 10 one week, then we go to the second highest point total, which would still make Lucy the tie breaker winner because her next highest total was 9, and Danielle's was only 8.

I think it would make for a pretty boring show with them all singing the same song though.

Also, as some people are better at singing ballads for instance and others are better at faster paced songs, the people who pick the songs they would all sing could be accused of favouritism if they picked a song that suited one singer more than the others.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Yea, that would be pretty boring. I kind of like the scoring thing, but I don't know if that would be good. I like the way it is now, but the viewers should just realize they all have their own style.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I think it would make for a pretty boring show with them all singing the same song though.
    That's true, so I say to make up for it, do the behind the scenes stuff, you know like American Idol did. Get to know the kids each week, shoot them at the amusement park, going to arcades, continue that dialog with family stuff they were doing early on when the show was getting decent ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Also, as some people are better at singing ballads for instance and others are better at faster paced songs, the people who pick the songs they would all sing could be accused of favouritism if they picked a song that suited one singer more than the others.
    Aren't stories/people accusing them of doing that right now?

FORT Frosh
    That's true, so I say to make up for it, do the behind the scenes stuff, you know like American Idol did. Get to know the kids each week, shoot them at the amusement park, going to arcades, continue that dialog with family stuff they were doing early on when the show was getting decent ratings.
    The behinds the scenes stuff is exactly what I always fast-forward through. And I think showing the backstage parents during the early auditions, particularly in previews shown during the end of the American Idol run, is what killed any ratings hope for the show.

That's a lot more complicated, IMO. I do think that all singing one song would be good, but I wouldn't watch that. That should have been more of how the auditions were, so the producers could get a better idea. I know they all did 1 Step Closer, but they should have done different styles too.
    to Taylor, Chantel, Katelyn, Danielle, and Tori. Good luck on making the group!

FORT Fan
    Having them all sing the same song would be a real drag JMO...

I would have rules...NO siblings...

use professional kids to tape "imaginary" group for the commercials that led up to start of show rather than giving some kids all the air time...ie, chantel, taylor etc..

dont allow a kid in band to say who "they" want...who cares??? none of their biz...besides...I am sure Tori and Mrs T only want Jordan cause Tori can sing better than her...tho Tori sure not better than many other girls..

I would have broader themes...the 80's rather than just one year..

Dont drag out results...show it somehow in the same show...one show per week..

not sure any of the ideas anyone has will help..Fox does not seem real committed to this show and may not have it back from all I read...

FORT Fan
    They should never be signing the same song- I thought it was ridiculous when Justin and Kelly both had to sing "A Moment Like This."

To be fair- there should be no themes, no restrictions on song choices. It should be free-choice every week. Let everyone pick the song to best show off their voice and performance...then see who shines the most.

FORT Fanatic
    I laughed when Justin and Kelly both sang "A Moment Like This"---it was beyond clear who the winner was. I don't even remember Justin's version.

But I agree--no themes would be wonderful. I do think they need restrictions, true to my gripe, because some songs children just don't need to be singing.

I also think decades was a horrible choice, and genres would be much easier for the children. There are thousands of recognizable songs in a genre, compare to a few measly ones you might recognize from a decade. How fair is it to sing a song you're parents haven't even heard of?
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth
    They should never be signing the same song- I thought it was ridiculous when Justin and Kelly both had to sing "A Moment Like This."

To be fair- there should be no themes, no restrictions on song choices. It should be free-choice every week. Let everyone pick the song to best show off their voice and performance...then see who shines the most.
    both justin and kelly singing the same songs was pretty boring, but it did make it quite clear who was the better singer.

i agree with the latter part about free song choices but they are probably too lazy to try and get song clearance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast