+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: All those song choice rumours answered HERE!

FORT Fogey
    If I was Danielle, or any of the other contestants, I'd be mad, too. I think the Top 3 and the group would be totally different if the kids could pick their own songs......

-Rach

FORT Frosh
    John, you say, "The article's not fake, but as with ANY written article, you can't take it word for word as gospel truth. Journalists sometimes say things that are construed different than they intended something to read."

That's generally good advice. But the reporter has Danielle directly quoted to back up the point of his story about song choices. I doubt you're ready to openly question his honesty and integrity.

There are some good questions posed by others about the specific cirumstance of the interview though.

Who knows? Maybe the White family is breaking a prior agreement about talking to the press to deliberately disqualify Danielle from this mess of a competition.

FORT Regular
    This article does make it look bad for Danielle if they actually granted an interview to a reporter knowingly. However, it never says that the reporter actually was there or had contact with Danielle and her parents. It is possible that a friend or a relative spoke to Danielle and her family either at the taping or on the phone. That friend or relative could have easily relayed all the information to the reporter, who then printed their comments.
    Or.....
    I think the handwriting has been on the wall for a while that no matter how talented Danielle is the producers don't want her in the group. The handwriting has probably become clear to Danielle and her family. The handwriting is also on the wall that the kids who make the group are in for an extended crapfest that will not do them any favors in the long run. Maybe they just decided "screw it" and spoke out because at this point they just want to get AJ over with and to get on with their lives.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by maleady33
    Here's an article about Danielle, mostly, talking about all the speculation of the song choices. Pretty interesting, if you ask me.

http://www.sptimes.com/2003/07/29/Fl...rdom_dow.shtml

-Rach
    how could danielle be interviewed when the juniors arent allowed to grant interviews to anyone except fox, fremantle 19, etc.? thats what is says on chantelkohl.com and also i think it is chosen by them because lucy sung 'make it easy on yourself' with the lyrics 'breakin up is hard to do' and the next week she sung 'breaking up is hard to do'

FORT Fan
    Umm just becasue the lyrics in the song "make it easy on yourself" were "breaking up is so very hard to do" doesn't mean that Lucy chose the next song. Actually it means that both songs had similiar lyrics and nothing else.

I don't know if this article is true. The world may never know. I believe that they don't get to pick their songs. It would be better if they gave the kids a list of songs and then they got to choose which ones they wanted to sing that week. The really only fair way is to let the kids sing whatever they want each week.

Ok, so they don't pick their own songs. Do they lip sync? Last night it was really obvious that there were some pre-recorded vocals. I think I noticed it most during Morgan and Danielle. Morgan was doing his dance moves and had his face turned away from the mic a couple times. Do they pre-record their own backing vocals?
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

FORT Fan
    I think they do pre-record their backround vocals, definitly! I think Katelyn's backround vocals were definitly hers. That's really the only one I could remember with backround vocals but I'm sure lots of them had backround vocals.
    Last edited by claytina9098; 07-30-2003 at 02:19 PM.

FORT Fanatic
    That's generally good advice. But the reporter has Danielle directly quoted to back up the point of his story about song choices. I doubt you're ready to openly question his honesty and integrity.
    But you have to. Jason Blair of the NY Times did the exact same thing. He made up quotes about Jessica Lynch and her family--he never even visited Jessica Lynch's family. He made up stories about 9/11 that weren't true either. You can't take what a journalist says and believe them word for word. Our media fabricates stories all the time. The Bambi Hunts--it was a hoax, but every media outlet in America reported on it, before they bothered to read up on it.

Do I believe it's fake? Maybe it's not, but I'm not sure all the information is true either. I'm still baffled as to how he got backstage--and even more baffled as to why he'd fly from Flordia to California just to report that they don't chose their songs.

St, you're right. It never says he's there. I just hate when people report from that angle. It's so incredibly misleading.
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

FORT Fanatic
    Who knows? Maybe the White family is breaking a prior agreement about talking to the press to deliberately disqualify Danielle from this mess of a competition.
    I hope that's not the case. If it were, that would be incredibly sad.
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

FORT Newbie

stupid...

I think that article is COMPLETE bull... The "quotes" from Danielle didn't sound believable... just the words she was using... I think its a fake article, written to increase its site's popularity. All of the kids ARE on contract... If this was all true, Fox would know about it, Danielle would have been disqualified by now and we ALL would know about it. Dont believe everything you read people-- MANY journalists make up crap to fuel controversy/publicity of their own. If you disagree, go pick up your latest supermarket tabloid...theres a LOT of stuff in there that is supposedly "quoted right from the source" just as this is trying to be. Its all bull, and it makes me laugh to know how many gullible ppl out there are eating this up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast