+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334

Thread: 7/29 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by l2hdd
    I'm just curious...what makes you an authority on voices?? Do you have experience in the industry?? If you do then please feel free to share your insightful, fact based knowledge. Until then, this is a place to share opinions. You are extremely biased towards Lucy. Even if she did have an off night, you are not mature enough to admit it. It appears to me that you are completely focused on Lucy and that you are not seeing the big picture or the performances of the others or even Lucy's performances for that matter, in the proper light. It is your right to have that opinion. My opinion is that Lucy is a good singer but she is still young and impressionable and has yet to develop her own style. If you go back and listen to the MP3's from last night, you will hear that Lucy had a few pitch problems. No one was perfect last night.

As for me not knowing what I am talking about, I have never claimed to be an authority on voices. I am expressing MY OPINION. I do have some experience in theater and I have been on a few recordings. It is something to put on a résumé but it by no means makes me an authority nor do I feel it is something that necessarily needs to be bragged about.

I didnt say i have an authority on voices, you were just saying all this bad stuff about her and i disagreed, and im sorry if it was a bit harsh what i said i was just mad at what you said.

And how would you know that i dont pay attention to other peoples performances?? I thought Danielle-Katelyn-A.J.and Lucy had good performances--but i thought Lucy was the best.

And if i knew how to listen to her "mp3s" i would.

And if you go back and read some of the stuff you said about her, you have to admit you were a little hard on her.
    LUCY HALE IS AWESOME!!!!

Far From the Place I Love l2hdd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth
    Hey l2hdd- I am a musician (if it matters to you). I thought Lucy's pitch was very good last night- the only thing that I could find a little off was that she had a little trouble controlling her vibrato (but with a voice as big as her's, it's extremely tough).
    That is probably what I was hearing and I attributed it to pitch. Thanks for the clarification!

And about no one being perfect- as far as I can tell, Danielle and Katelyn hit every note last night (this doesn't mean I thought they were the best, but they were flawless). Not trying to start a debate- just wanted to add a couple observations.
    I actually agree with you! I felt Danielle & Katelyn had great performances! Among of the best of the night. Danielle has always been my favorite. I love her voice! Katelyn's last 2 performances have really impressed me. She gets my vote for most improved!

I meant the "no one gave a perfect performance" comment as more of an all around comment. I might not have stated it in the right place or manner though. Between manner of dress, vocals, song choice, being comfortable on stage, etc., I don't feel anyone gave a "perfect" performance.

If someone gives a "perfect" performance then there is no room for improvement, right? You should always be able to improve on a performance and learn from your mistakes, not matter how minor.

Again, just my opinion.

FORT Fogey
    Also, I'm not a "dude". :rolleyes

-Rach

1. Lucy
    2. Danielle
    3. Katelyn
    4. Morgan - AJ (tie)
    6. Chantel - Jordan (tie)

I never thought I would put Chantel and Jordan in a tie, but I really didn't like Chantel's performance, and Jordan's was pretty good for her. So pretty much, Jordan's best performance is like Chantel's worst performance. LOL!

top three should be:
    Lucy
    Danielle
    Katelyn

top three will be:
    Lucy
    AJ
    Chantel or Danielle

GO LUCY AND DANIELLE!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by l2hdd
    I actually agree with you! I felt Danielle & Katelyn had great performances! Among of the best of the night. Danielle has always been my favorite. I love her voice! Katelyn's last 2 performances have really impressed me. She gets my vote for most improved!

I meant the "no one gave a perfect performance" comment as more of an all around comment. I might not have stated it in the right place or manner though. Between manner of dress, vocals, song choice, being comfortable on stage, etc., I don't feel anyone gave a "perfect" performance.

If someone gives a "perfect" performance then there is no room for improvement, right? You should always be able to improve on a performance and learn from your mistakes, not matter how minor.

Again, just my opinion.
    Well said. Although Danielle and Katelyn were pitch-perfect, they were singing relatively un-challenging songs. And in a singing competition, you're not going to deliver a knockout performance by singing "Daydream Believer" (although I've always liked this song) or "On The Radio." There was nothing wrong with their performances but nothing that really stood out either. Both performances were very safe and showed no versatility.

I think that Chantel and Lucy should be rewarded for both taking risks last night, and I expect both of them to be in the top 2. I would be SHOCKED if one of them is not crowned 4th chair tonight.

FORT Fanatic
    And I still stand by my opinions. Either the songs were horrible choices by whomever picked them, or the children made the songs way more adult than necessary. You call what Chantel was doing dancing, I call it seductive.

Zippy, weren't you the one who pointed out that "Bad Moon Rising" was about death--and Tori had a smile on her face during the entire song?

If they plan to bring American Juniors back--and get better ratings, they have got to revamp the entire song selection process.
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

I compleatly agree, we would get much better performances if the kids actually knew what songs they were singing as apposed to not ever hearing the song. they should pick their own songs and screw this whole "theme" night. Its pointless.

FORT Fan
    I think that themes are okay, but the themes should be broader, not just songs from one particular year.
    "It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies..."

+ Reply to Thread