+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why 5

FORT Newbie

Why 5

On the british version of the show they chose 9 people for the group and one left the group. But anyway why didn't they choose a smaller amount for the american juniors and they have the same producers.

Quote Originally Posted by koolkid86
    On the british version of the show they chose 9 people for the group and one left the group. But anyway why didn't they choose a smaller amount for the american juniors and they have the same producers.

I dont know, i didnt even know there was a british version so id like to know the answer also.
    LUCY HALE IS AWESOME!!!!

FORT Regular
    It would be nice if it could be 9 kids cause there are a few from the top 30 I'd like to see not only on the show, but in the group!! But I know it's been 5 right from the start. I'm new to this forum but I've been watching American Juniors since it's inception. I have the shows taped and there are a couple of kids that really stand out and they didn't make the show.

I think nine is too many.
    Five just seems like the right number to me.

If they were going t be doing a tv show (like SClub) then I think more is fine as each "character" would get storylines and screen time.
    It just seems too many for a group though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

In the UK, the show was different. They were choosing a group of juniors modeled after S Club 7, hence 7 members. I don't know why they added the other 2. Neither S Club 7 or S Club 8 has been successful in the USA, so they were trying to find a group that was more suited to an American audience. If you look at Pop groups in the USA, a group of 5 has worked more often than any other number.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagalees
    It would be nice if it could be 9 kids cause there are a few from the top 30 I'd like to see not only on the show, but in the group!! But I know it's been 5 right from the start. I'm new to this forum but I've been watching American Juniors since it's inception. I have the shows taped and there are a couple of kids that really stand out and they didn't make the show.

I taped them too...just like I taped all of the AI episodes...sounds pathetic, but I love the entertainment industry.
    I watched the beginning episodes also, there were a few that stood out to me that I would've put on the show too....like the twins from Chicago, Alex-the 9-year old brunette and there were a couple of others. I think a larger group would've been unique here in the US.

Off-topic- While i was fast forwarding my tape from the results show last week so I could record todays show, I noticed that at the end of the show when Chauncey was singing his Moon River encore and all the juniors came around him when he was almost finished, Chantel put her arms around chauncey but as soon as she did that katelyn ran up and pushed chantel out of the way and put her arms around him. By the look on Chantel's face she wanted to knock katelyn's head off. But she put on a smile and started dancing. If anyone else taped the show look and see what im talking about.
    "Be confident in your abilities, be true to your beliefs, work hard for your benefit, accept your responsibilities, and never settle on being average."

Jordan Fan + #1 Cedes fan trunks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid86
    I dunno. The top ten is good for me. Either 1 group of 10 or two groups of 5 would do nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by lamonte
    Off-topic- While i was fast forwarding my tape from the results show last week so I could record todays show, I noticed that at the end of the show when Chauncey was singing his Moon River encore and all the juniors came around him when he was almost finished, Chantel put her arms around chauncey but as soon as she did that katelyn ran up and pushed chantel out of the way and put her arms around him. By the look on Chantel's face she wanted to knock katelyn's head off. But she put on a smile and started dancing. If anyone else taped the show look and see what im talking about.

I remember that, but i remember katelyn coming up by Chantel and chantel smiling, and Katelyn put her arm around chantel. Andd i dont think Katelyn would do anything like that, she seems like a sweet girl.
    LUCY HALE IS AWESOME!!!!

I just looked at it again, Katelyn pushed chantel out of the way and took the place chantel had, and she(chantel) didnt look happy about it.
    "Be confident in your abilities, be true to your beliefs, work hard for your benefit, accept your responsibilities, and never settle on being average."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast