+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 7/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by cdnhawk
    If Toya or Andrew don't win the wild card there is something wrong with the Canadian public. They were hands down the best of the night.

I totally agree. Andrew and Toya were the best of the night - why can't we have more than one wildcard???

Top 3??

1. Toya
    2. Andrew
    3. Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by cdnhawk
    If Toya or Andrew don't win the wild card there is something wrong with the Canadian public. They were hands down the best of the night.
    I agree, but I would go further in saying that there is something very wrong that Andrew didn't get voted in first time round and Mikey Bustos did

The third group of tem seem stacked with really good singers, whereas the first two were a lot poorer overall imo.

Heat two in particular was feeble.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Who will go through: Andrew - The Quebec-vote should rub off on him.

Who should go through: Toya

Who has an outside chance at making it: Ryan

Who will make-me-stop-watching-this-show-if-he-gets-through: Tyler, Marc.

Who blew their chance to really standout in the group: Sharon, Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by synchro_skater1
    why did Sherry quit?!
    I'm such a moron, I pressed the edit button on your post above synch instead of the reply button

I heard that she has written a lot of songs and wanted to record and release and album.
    "That's Numberwang!"

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I watched for the first time tonight, generally avoiding anything IDOL related. Having suffered through Fame for its duration . ( The family members and I only I'm sure watched it)
    I was struck by how much better the voices generally were than the the lot they had on Fame.
    Just an opinion from someone coming in cold.

I don't think there were any "perfect" performances tonight, but some were good. Here's what I thought of each contestant.

Toya: She's got good technique, but her voice seemed to have a slight nasal quality to it for this song. I respect her singing ability, but it didn't personally impress me.

Ryan: I really liked him. I'm not crazy about his body language, but when I closed my eyes, I could imagine myself buying his songs.

Tyler: He's not a bad singer, but I just don't get "it" from him. He doesn't move me at all.

Kevin: He had a good voice, but he didn't seem to be really expressing the song. It's hard to explain... I just didn't feel like he really "felt the love tonight"

Marc: He didn't seem "boybandish" like Zack criticised him for last week. He was more expressive, and his voice was also beautiful to listen to.

Andrew: I liked Andrew. It was a good song. I don't think it was technically perfect, but it was still entertaining.

Sharon: I was hoping for a great performance from her but she didn't sing well tonight.

It's sensei time! Masai & Pygmie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eny
    I watched for the first time tonight, generally avoiding anything IDOL related. Having suffered through Fame for its duration . ( The family members and I only I'm sure watched it)
    I was struck by how much better the voices generally were than the the lot they had on Fame.
    Just an opinion from someone coming in cold.
    Fame was looking for that triple threat and came out 2 1/2 in most cases at best!

Some good voices on CI - especially the wildcard group - better than some picks of the previous three groups.

Happyblue - bang on mate!
    "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." -- Henry David Thoreau

I would be a little peeved if Ryan got through ahead of Toya and Andrew. He has a unique look and presence but his voice is just passable IMHO. That and I think he's reached his ceiling. He showed the range in his voice tonight and it was just okay. Not a bad performer but I want someone who'll be more than just consistently servicable every week. [Ben]Get it. Servicable. Serving. Waiter. I crack myself up[/Ben].

Quote Originally Posted by happyblue
    I would be a little peeved if Ryan got through ahead of Toya and Andrew.
    Well, I actually like Ryan, but I think Toya or Andrew probably will get the wild card spot.

Not a bad performer but I want someone who'll be more than just consistently servicable every week. [Ben]Get it. Servicable. Serving. Waiter. I crack myself up[/Ben].
    Oh no... we're all allready getting too much of Ben every week just from watching the show. Don't you start as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast