+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do The Next Two Performances Matter?

FORT Fan

Do The Next Two Performances Matter?

First of all, I have to say I'm proud of this forum (ha). I was on vacation for the past week, and I've noticed some constructive changes since I was here last. A week ago, people were literally screaming at each other for having different opinions (cough the Alex Catalini thread cough). Now; however, it seems like everyone's grown up a little. We're actually able to have some civilized conversations it seems (whoever started the "Admit You're Biased" thread is a god...) Glad we've all finally gotten over ourselves. Anyways, back to my topic...

Do you guys think the next performances matter? Did the first three performances even matter? I've come to the conclusion that America watched the semi-finalists perform, picked favorities, and has continued to vote for their favorites throughout the show. In my opinion, the group is already set. Not rigged, but set. With the exception of Chauncey- the kid surprised me-, it seems that polls and the results show the same thing- people aren't voting for the junior who pulled off the best performance (and I realize that's all a matter of opininion). Now, I LOVE Taylor, Tori, and little Chauncey, don't get me wrong. All I'm saying is it's going to be hard for someone in last place one week to jump to first place the next, no matter how mind-blowing the performance. Any thoughts?

i think it does matter because just think about it only 2 spots left well i don't know just my opinion

how should i put this? oh i got it, how about "no"

the voting demographic for juniors is really different from AI, i bet 95% of the people who watch/vote couldn't see vocal talent if it smacked them in the face at 100 mph.

FORT Fan
    I get what yall are saying, but the question I guess I'm asking, plain and simple, is do people vote for their "biased favorite" or for who gives the best performace (or is that one in the same)?

Well, this whole thing has been a popularity contest from the start and the last ones to get in won't be much of a surprise - I'd put $1000 on A.J. and Chantel. Jordan's my biased favorite, but my voting her in for 2 straight hours isn't gonna be enough. I think I'll sit back and just watch the last two weeks unfold because I'm very confident A.J. and Chantel are getting in.

Forgot to add that I feel bad for all the kids in this show, because they're innocent and they probably thought this was going to be a normal talent show, where the best kids win. I think some like Danielle, Lucy and Morgan are just stunned that they've barely made or haven't made the Top 3 yet. Being aware of conspiracies is something AI contestants can understand, but not young kids.
    Last edited by Shell76; 07-28-2003 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shell76
    Well, this whole thing has been a popularity contest from the start and the last ones to get in won't be much of a surprise - I'd put $1000 on A.J. and Chantel.
    If I was in Vegas, I'd put money on AJ. I'll give the edge to Chantal, too, but Lucy is really making a run, but yah, Chantal is still favorite from a popularity stand point.

Jordan's my biased favorite, but my voting her in for 2 straight hours isn't gonna be enough. I think I'll sit back and just watch the last two weeks unfold because I'm very confident A.J. and Chantel are getting in.
    JOrdan is my bias fav, and I think you SHOULD vote still, who knows, the voting just might be legit(or they take it into heavy consideration), you never know. I would keep voting, atleast you can say you tried.

Forgot to add that I feel bad for all the kids in this show, because they're innocent and they probably thought this was going to be a normal talent show, where the best kids win. I think some like Danielle, Lucy and Morgan are just stunned that they've barely made or haven't made the Top 3 yet.
    Morgan Burke is clearly better than both AJ and Chauncey, but again, this is a popularity contest like you said, and Morgan Burke is probably wondering what in the world does he have to do to get in this group. Remember Morgan in the earlier shows, he was saying how he understands that in any competition, you never know what's going to happen. He might be the best, but still doesn't get picked. Seems that Morgan has been dissapointed in the past, and sadly, he will be dissapointed again. Morgan is a humble kid, but I think deep down, he knows he is much better than the rest of these Juniors.

Being aware of conspiracies is something AI contestants can understand, but not young kids.
    Adult or child contestants, we are all just sheep to them.

FORT Newbie
    AJ nad chantel obviuosly got americans votes. danielle's x-cellent she should get in... chantels more of a soloist who else thinks so?\

VOTE AJ Two HOURS STRAIT!!!!!

I think that in some ways it does but in some ways it doesn't. It matters because if someone has a terrible performance I'm not sure they'll get in but it doesn't in some ways because people need to choose based on how the last 2 would sound with Taylor, Tori, and Chauncey. So vote for Jordan McCoy and AJ Melendez!
    K e l s e y

Keeper of:
    1* All of Jordan's performances!
    2* Jordan's tears!
    3* AJ's face and hair!

+ Reply to Thread