+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top 10 Finalists with both American Idols included

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah728
    I think we can all agree that Justin G. would not have gotten anywhere *close* to second place, though...
    This is true. Justin has a decent singing voice, but many people from the top 10 in AI2 were better than him.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah728
    Don't know about that. Kelly wasn't really pushed by Simon at all until Tamyra was voted off. Now Ruben, OTOH, was clearly The Favored One from Day 1. Of course that may have been because he was Kelly's antithesis (on a superficial level)--black male vs. white female. I think they wanted to show people that "anyone can be an American Idol" or something. So how a combination of both seasons would have played out is hard to say; there are quite a few scenarios that may have played out. I think we can all agree that Justin G. would not have gotten anywhere *close* to second place, though...
    You're right about Simon favoring Tamyra, but he was still pushing for Kelly...and it wasn't as late as most seem to think. Simon was starting to push for Kelly since her "Natural Woman" performance in the Top 8.

If you want to factor in Tamyra and Justin as well (the early favorites from the auditions, Top 30), I still maintain that 19E and Simon would have pushed for the trio from season one (Kelly, Tamyra, Justin) over Ruben and Clay, simply because they would have seen the Season One Idols as more marketable on the surface.

I think when 19E wasn't able to find a Kelly or Tamyra (someone easily marketable with "magazine" good looks and a great voice) during the second season, they ended up pushing for Ruben...then eventually Clay and Kim L.

But I still think that the fans are just crazier over Ruben and Clay and would've voted them over Kelly anyways. JMO

you can't really compare "fan craze", so the speak, between the 2 seasons. kelly fans really didn't need to vote all out in season one because once tamyra got voted off, anyone in their right mind knew that kelly would win. ruben and clay, on the other hand, were very close the whole competition and as a result, fans needed to "raise the bar" as the judges like to say in terms of voting. if kelly fans were thrust into the same situation, i think they could easily have developed the "craze" of the second season. for me anyway, kelly seems more versatile than either ruben or clay. although clay did do some upbeat songs like "build me up buttercup", i don't think his stage presense even compared to kelly's "stuff like that there" which i hold as the best performance in either competition.

one thing i think we can agree on is that justin would have been voted off quite early because the female lovefest would be going towards clay who has a much better voice than justin.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth
    I think when 19E wasn't able to find a Kelly or Tamyra (someone easily marketable with "magazine" good looks and a great voice) during the second season, they ended up pushing for Ruben...then eventually Clay and Kim L.
    i'd have to agree. the closest one that fits the bill was kimberly caldwell and to compare her to kelly or tamyra is just silly. some people may argue trenyce but personally i didn't think her looks are that good and although her voice is very good, i think kelly and tamyra were still better.

1) Clay Aiken
    2) Kim L
    3) Trenyce
    4) Tamyra
    5) Julia
    6) Kelly
    7) Christina
    8) Kim C
    9) Ruben
    10) Justin

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    1. Clay
    2. Tamayra
    3. Kim L.
    4. Kelly
    5. Ruben

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12