+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: FOX STARTS NEW SHOW AUG 19 instead of juniors...performing as....

FORT Fan

FOX STARTS NEW SHOW AUG 19 instead of juniors...performing as....

Soooo....all the speculation of "wild cards" and "series" and all can be put to rest...this is the week the networks announce their fall lineups and rest of summer...juniors is NOT on lineup for fall..and its slot is taken over on aug 19 by a new talent type series...

a second round "American Juniors" was originally planned to fill the Tuesday, 8:00/7:00c hole this fall until "American Idol" returns in January, but now they have decided on an adult talent show

also in the news...the wed results show got the worst ratings yet for juniors...it was ranked 52 for weds results show...

here is article and link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>

CHICAGO (thefutoncritic.com) -- FOX will switch from kids to grown ups later this summer as the network announced yesterday "Performing As" is set to bow Tuesday, August 26 at 8:00/7:00c.

The project, previously known as "Soundmix," follows ordinary folks being transformed into their favorite pop stars via detailed backdrops, elaborate costuming, extensive makeup and dance lessons. Sort of a cross between ABC's "Extreme Makeover" and MTV's "Becoming," each week five contestants compete to advance to the finale, in which the winner receives a yet-to-be-determined prize. Six episodes of the series have been ordered with the final episode featuring the winners of the five previous installments.

"Performing" will take the place of "American Juniors" on FOX's schedule, which is set to close its run the week of August 19.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/go...wswire&id=6087

You don't know sin-gen! rockinyoursocks's Avatar
    American Stars in their Eyes, I guess??
    Trenyce Rocks Mine, Can I Rock Yours?

The mistake Fox made for American Juniors was 2 things........

they didn't have someone like SIMON, the X-Factor. He gave AMerican Idol an edge, something unpredictable that got your urges wanting to come back each week, if not for the singers, but just to see what he was going to say. I know that's the reason why I came and stayed a fan of American Idol.

Secondly, someone on here said that they should have had more behind the scenes kind of stuff, getting to know these juniors more, would have boosted ratings, but no, they consistantly do this. Another reason why this show is failing.

To have a great reality type show, you have to make America get to really know the people who are on it. Is it any wonder why the audition shows had bigger ratings than the shows on right now. It's because we lost touch with the "getting to know" and "having that close bond" to each of the contestants once it got into the final 20 singers. From then, there was absolutely no behind the scenes stuff, no mom/dad to kids talking with each other, it turned into: get on stage, don't talk much, just sing. Big BIG mistake!!!!

The ONLY way I see this show coming back, is that this group that will come out from this show becomes a huge success.
    Last edited by yahright; 07-26-2003 at 06:40 AM.

The problem with American Juniors: KIDS

Kids should never be on a reality show of any kind, and I think Fox realized it way too late.

If they decide to bring it back, we probably will not have a forum for it next time.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    The problem with American Juniors: KIDS

Kids should never be on a reality show of any kind, and I think Fox realized it way too late.

If they decide to bring it back, we probably will not have a forum for it next time.

It just so happens that this is the 10,001st post, which is the most in any Single Show forum, except AI2 and Survivor 6. Albeit alot of meaningless posts by fanboys (____ is da BoMb!).

Yes, Thuderstruck, that's true. It's a popular forum. It's just drawing the kind of crowd we'd prefer not to have on our site, and frankly, the moderation of this forum each and every day takes way too much time. We may have 10,000 posts in here, but as you said, 90% of them are "XXX is SO HOTTTTT! R U there????"

Secondly, someone on here said that they should have had more behind the scenes kind of stuff, getting to know these juniors more, would have boosted ratings, but no, they consistantly do this. Another reason why this show is failing
    That was me. And I still think if the show had been handled differently and marketed differently it could have done a lot better.

John is right...it's difficult to market kids in a reality program (although we have a "Survivor" type show with kids around 13 to 16 on it and it is hugely popular).

But I think they had loads of oppotunity to make this show a success and they ignored it.

Even with AI, they went behind the scenes and you learned a lot more about the contestants. If you develope a more intimate knowledge of the contestants you'll have much more of an emotional investment and be more apt to watch the program.

Also, I think the choice of music from the 60's and 70's really put people off. They really needed to re-think that.

And I think from the beginning there was way to much focus on the parents. If you have taped the shows, you will most likely note that the parents actually got MORE airtime than the kids. I don't know about anyone else, but i didn't tune in to this show to watch a bunch of middle aged parents

Aaaah...what can you do. I was pretty certain this series was doomed after watching a few episodes. It's too bad

Oh...I'm also just wondering why the same website from the link is still posting "American Juniors 2" for Oct. 28th. Any clues?
    AMERICAN JUNIORS 2

FORT Fanatic
    You know, I didn't realize how young the children who watched this show (and particpate on the message board) were until they asked who Jordan Knight was. That threw me for the biggest loop.

I totally understand why you won't bring this forum back, John. I suppose you never had people ask for Ruben and Clay's screen names/email addresses. But I have to applaud you. Between the two I visit, you do the best job of keeping things in order.

And Shaenee, I saw that too. Definitely odd.
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

AmercnJnr
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaenee
    Oh...I'm also just wondering why the same website from the link is still posting "American Juniors 2" for Oct. 28th. Any clues?
    AMERICAN JUNIORS 2

i know why, they are having aj2 still because i looked back on the website that freebiesite gave out and at the top it says thursday 24 and the time was 8:55 am and when i looked on your website that you gave out it say thursday 24 11:42 am!!! yes they changed there mind now i can audition

alyssa ,11 phoenix az

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast