+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FOX STARTS NEW SHOW AUG 19 instead of juniors...performing as....

FORT Fan
    tHANKS FOR the links John...

just a thought...while this might not make a good weekly prime time show, I do think the "group" could be good for seasonial specials...I can totally see the Juniors in a Thanksgiving or Christmas special....or a "Juniors go to Disney" or "Juniors go to Universal Studios" special....

also maybe a saturday morning show??? If fox can find a way to "market" them they can do well...maybe the 2x a week is just too much for this show tho...and thus the bad ratings JMO

FORT Regular
    Considering the description of "Performing as", AJ may be back in the fall after all!

Yeah, that sounds like a total dud. Who wants to see a bunch old farts try to re-live there "glory years"
    "Be confident in your abilities, be true to your beliefs, work hard for your benefit, accept your responsibilities, and never settle on being average."

Quote Originally Posted by lamonte
    Yeah, that sounds like a total dud. Who wants to see a bunch old farts try to re-live there "glory years"
    Huh? Read the description again. I think you misunderstood.

Oh ok, well it's still gonna sux. Its not worthy to even attempt to replace American Juniors.
    "Be confident in your abilities, be true to your beliefs, work hard for your benefit, accept your responsibilities, and never settle on being average."

FORT Fanatic
    Let me clear this up:

- Performing As is just a filler so Fox can test new concepts out for ratings. It's not like they're going to die by blowing one hour away for a few weeks, but if they have a summer hit on their hands (ie Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, American Idol, etc) then they'll move the show to the fall.

Right now, American Juniors 2 is in the fall schedule. But, that's one of the weaker spots, so Fox is testing a lot of ideas they have on the backburner to see if they have an undiscovered hit. If so, bye bye AJ2.

I hope hope hope that AJ will NOT be returning for another series. First of all - it is NOT a reality tv show (it is a talent contest). 2) I don't want to watch a bunch of kids compete by singing songs they cannot sing well. 3) I don't want to see stage-moms in the mix, 4) this is just a rehash of Star Search, 5) how can you criticixe 10 year-old kids like they should be.

Now, if they did this like AIdol where someone says to the kid - hey you suck, then I might want to watch! LOL

Darrin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345