+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FOX STARTS NEW SHOW AUG 19 instead of juniors...performing as....

#1 AJ MELENDEZ LOVER!! Aj & clay baby's Avatar
    NO NO NO I don't want to watch that that will be so boring!!

Well, that settles one thing - AJ ends on Aug 19. Since Aug 12 is when they pick the last member, I guess we get to see the group in action then.

Six weeks of "Presenting As" covers the rest of Aug and Sept - then a month of baseball playoffs. They still have to have something for Nov and Dec. I doubt they want to fill that slot with something they expect to do well, since they will be replacing it wthl AI3 in January. And the fact that they don't have a slot for the results show sort of tips us off that AJ2 won't be happening. I'll bet it becomes a catch-all for all sorts of specials. I hear an AI Tour Special is in the works. And they could air Christmas specials all through December.

John, I hear ya about this forum, and I want to thank you for all your hard work.

ETA: If they were going to have another round of AJ, wouldn't they have already announced the auditions?
    Last edited by zippy; 07-26-2003 at 05:40 PM.

FORT Fanatic
    Zippy, I read an article in some paper (I read too much) where some kid said they missed this one, but was trying out for season 2. Acutally, they didn't say season two, but they said the kid was trying out--but it was clear it was not season one, as the child answered their favorite junior was AJ.]

Personally, I don't see this show coming back.

And John, again, I applaud you for your work with this forum. I don't think I could've done it!
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

Splendid Street Urchin Gavroche's Avatar
    I agree with Dani. I didn't realize how young this board mostly is until 3/4 of posters didn't know who Jordan Knight or even Deborah Gibson is. (Even if we did know her as Debbie, we knew her!) And this board did get a little overfilled with "so-and-so is so hottttt!" and such. I love American Juniors the show though, and though I don't think it will come back, I would like it to. Oh well, there is always American Idol...Survivor...Big Brother...
    "Allons enfants de la patrie..."
    Long Live Us!

Claymate #1493

Congratulations Taylor, Tori, Chauncey, Lucy, Danielle!
    Go Audrey!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaenee
    John is right...it's difficult to market kids in a reality program (although we have a "Survivor" type show with kids around 13 to 16 on it and it is hugely popular).
    I come from Canada too. What's the "Survivor" type show called? And when's it on?

Go Adria and Natalie! CaNaDiAn FaN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikez14
    I come from Canada too. What's the "Survivor" type show called? And when's it on?
    i was just about to say that
    ive never heard of any show like that
    Currently Watching:
    Big Brother 5 - Canadian Idol

- Nokomis - Theresa

i think hes talking about that show Endurance that comes on discovery kids i watch it, its a good show.
    the other show like that came on last year called Moolah Beach and it was fox family channel

AJ Melendez is da 1 4 me! aj_tha_qt_4me's Avatar
    I just have a question for John, and don't get mad, but why is the web-site called FANS of reality tv and not Adult fans of reality tv? We have just as much of a right to come to forum and talk about our favorite Reality shows.....we're kids, let us live a little!

Quote Originally Posted by John
    The problem with American Juniors: KIDS

Kids should never be on a reality show of any kind, and I think Fox realized it way too late.

If they decide to bring it back, we probably will not have a forum for it next time.
    I don't agree with that, but it's your opinion so yeah. I ain't gonna try to change your's.

Quote Originally Posted by aj_tha_qt_4me
    I just have a question for John, and don't get mad, but why is the web-site called FANS of reality tv and not Adult fans of reality tv? We have just as much of a right to come to forum and talk about our favorite Reality shows.....we're kids, let us live a little!
    I'm sure John can answer for himself, but maybe what you don't understand is, this is John's party and we are all guests here. We have no rights, only those priviledges John allows us. As long as we follow the rules, we won't wear out our welcome.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast