+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FOX STARTS NEW SHOW AUG 19 instead of juniors...performing as....

AmercnJnr

i do

Quote Originally Posted by John
    We are primarily a more adult site, and the large group of 10-14 year olds who have come here to discuss this show have, for the large part, not bothered to pay attention to our rules, or behaved in a mature fashion.

Sure, some of them have been great, and I hope they stick around. But we're not a kid's site, and we expect everyone to be able to act like adults, even if they aren't adults, and that simply has not been the case in this forum.

I get sick of deleting immature posts, sending PM's to people to tell them to knock off using "lingo", merging and deleting new threads because people can't use the ones that exist, etc.

I follow the rules.

alyssa ,11, gilbert az

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaenee
    Oh...I'm also just wondering why the same website from the link is still posting "American Juniors 2" for Oct. 28th. Any clues?
    AMERICAN JUNIORS 2

That same article above states that Fox just announced yesterday that they are fillin AJ timeslot with "Performing As".

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by poeticjustice
    That same article above states that Fox just announced yesterday that they are fillin AJ timeslot with "Performing As".
    Not the article above, but the one on the first page of this thread

I hope they did....(crosses fingers)

Im confused are they bringing it back or NOT!!!!

Officially, Fox has said that they tentatively plan to bring back AJ for another season, but the ratings were not as good as they'd expected or hoped. They have not, as far as I know, decided one way or the other.

Ok people so its settled....FOX doesn't know if they want it back or not. Am i understanding this correctly.

That's correct.

They originally planned to bring it back, but then ratings sucked, so now they're not sure.

OH, ok i got it now.

Here are a couple of relevant article links:

...there are discussions to tinker with "American Juniors" format when it returns in the fall, including making it about a single winner, like "American Idol," rather than forming a band.
    http://u.redlandsdailyfacts.com/Stories/0,1413,217~24274~1520366,00.ht ml

But there's been plenty of speculation that Fox is thinking about pulling the weak "American Juniors" from the fall lineup, so it's possible "The Simple Life" could fill that slot.

Fox Television Entertainment Chairman Sandy Grushow recently told reporters that if a better option came along before "Juniors" launches its second season in November, he would consider replacing the "American Idol" spinoff.

As of yesterday, "American Juniors" was still scheduled for Tuesdays at 8 p.m., said the spokeswoman.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/story/103224p-93415c.html

Despite continued protests, still no plans to cancel or move forward with a reality version of The Beverly Hillbillies. But Fox's The Simple Life— a take on Green Acres with the roles essentially reversed — is moving forward. And positive reaction to that show, which stranded partying hotel heiress Paris Hilton and her pal Nicole Richie (daughter of Lionel) on an Arkansas family farm for a month, will likely lead Fox to save the series for fall, where it will would replace a previously announced second season for American Juniors.
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2003-07-20-raymond_x.htm

Jeff Zucker, the president of NBC Entertainment, said: "American Juniors will not be on the fall Fox schedule. We've been saying this for a few weeks now." He partially defended the show's performance, noting that summer shows that start at the early hour of 8 p.m. always have trouble building audiences; "American Idol," for example, played at 9 p.m. last summer. But he added, "Having said that, the track on Junior Idol is bad." He also noted that NBC had no intention of bringing back for the regular season "Dog Eat Dog," the reality show "American Juniors" was now trailing.

Mr. Beckman said that Fox, at least at this moment, has every intention of keeping "American Juniors" on its fall schedule, though he noted, "We have contingencies on top of contingencies."
    http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20030707/ZNYT01/307070391/1001/BUSINESS

Still, Tuesday's hour managed to beat the even more appalling competition, NBC's "Dog Eat Dog" and Fox's "American Juniors," a pint-sized version of "American Idol." "Juniors" just doesn't have the oomph of the original. It was initially given a place on Fox's fall schedule, but the network is now making contingency plans.
    http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~122~1503067,00.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast