+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FOX STARTS NEW SHOW AUG 19 instead of juniors...performing as....

Jordan Fan + #1 Cedes fan trunks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaenee
    Oh...I'm also just wondering why the same website from the link is still posting "American Juniors 2" for Oct. 28th. Any clues?
    AMERICAN JUNIORS 2
    I hope that's correct. I wanna see another season.

FORT Regular

No Information About Cancellation in Article Cites

The link above to American Juniors 2 on the schedule for October and the article which has the other show taking over for American Juniors in August are not contradictory.

There is nothing mentioned in the article that started this thread that says that American Juniors is not coming back. The impression is given by the original thread starter that the show is cancelled by throwing in some mention of the low ratings and linking it to a new show starting.

Unless something says that Amercian Juniors is cancelled, I think we have to assume that it will continue.

With regard to comments "hailing" the demise of American Juniors and then going on to talk about the difficulty of moderating this forum as well as whether reality shows should have young people on them seems a bit off topic (except that they were done by our moderator so how could it be off topic, right?)

Bruce

I'm not sure that it's really off-topic. People are discussing the possibility of AJ2, and I simply mentioned that if there were one, which I hope there isn't, that we may decide not to have a forum for it. I assume I'm allowed to have opinions on whether I think this show should return, right?

And this does seem to be the thread discussing it...

FORT Fan
    I think the fall lineup is tenatively announced...if you look back to previous "lineups" juniors was supposed to go straight thru to january when Idols would start....this led to speculation that the new juniors band would do "shows" each week...or other wild speculation that they would have wildcards, a 2nd band formed...etc..

now the other show..."Performing as" will start aug 26 ....before they had juniors scheduled all the way thru..

I dont know for sure, they may have a 2nd juniors..but they may fill the slot with something else...depends on how this one does...not good...
    like I said...this juniors WAS on their schedule straight thru.. ...I personally dont hold high hopes for it...ratings are def falling

Yeah me too I would love to see another season... I agree with Shanaee if they would have added some behind the scenes stuff and more stuff that got us more connected with the juniors then the show would have been more successful. The music choices were totally whack as well, I dont wanna hear kids sing songs that were made in the sixties or seventies, i was born in 1986 how am I or anyone else except grown ups supposed know or get excited about the songs they sing if we have never ever heard them. 1962.... really who cares about 1962 and why in the heck did they go back in time anyway. i think they should have started in the late eighties and went on from there, or at least they could kept time going forward instead of jumping all the way back to the sixties. ...But hey the shows not over yet maybe they can pull something out of their hat to turn this thing around... i mean all the ratings haven't been that bad, have they, and its a pretty good show if you dont look at all the obvious flaws. I just hope they give us another season of American Juniors after they fix a couple of things of course.. I know ill still be a fan. unless they come out with a american teens i'll be the first one to try out for that.

ps. hey john please dont take our forum away if theres a second season, where will all the American Juniors lovers go??

AmercnJnr
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    I'm not sure that it's really off-topic. People are discussing the possibility of AJ2, and I simply mentioned that if there were one, which I hope there isn't, that we may decide not to have a forum for it. I assume I'm allowed to have opinions on whether I think this show should return, right?

And this does seem to be the thread discussing it...

hey john how come you don't want to see another AJ2?

alyssa,11,phoenix az

Mainly because our site is not geared toward the crowd that has come here to discuss this show.

I dont understand...Explain what you mean.

We are primarily a more adult site, and the large group of 10-14 year olds who have come here to discuss this show have, for the large part, not bothered to pay attention to our rules, or behaved in a mature fashion.

Sure, some of them have been great, and I hope they stick around. But we're not a kid's site, and we expect everyone to be able to act like adults, even if they aren't adults, and that simply has not been the case in this forum.

I get sick of deleting immature posts, sending PM's to people to tell them to knock off using "lingo", merging and deleting new threads because people can't use the ones that exist, etc.

AmercnJnr
    Quote Originally Posted by freebiesite
    Soooo....all the speculation of "wild cards" and "series" and all can be put to rest...this is the week the networks announce their fall lineups and rest of summer...juniors is NOT on lineup for fall..and its slot is taken over on aug 19 by a new talent type series...

a second round "American Juniors" was originally planned to fill the Tuesday, 8:00/7:00c hole this fall until "American Idol" returns in January, but now they have decided on an adult talent show

also in the news...the wed results show got the worst ratings yet for juniors...it was ranked 52 for weds results show...

here is article and link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>

CHICAGO (thefutoncritic.com) -- FOX will switch from kids to grown ups later this summer as the network announced yesterday "Performing As" is set to bow Tuesday, August 26 at 8:00/7:00c.

The project, previously known as "Soundmix," follows ordinary folks being transformed into their favorite pop stars via detailed backdrops, elaborate costuming, extensive makeup and dance lessons. Sort of a cross between ABC's "Extreme Makeover" and MTV's "Becoming," each week five contestants compete to advance to the finale, in which the winner receives a yet-to-be-determined prize. Six episodes of the series have been ordered with the final episode featuring the winners of the five previous installments.

"Performing" will take the place of "American Juniors" on FOX's schedule, which is set to close its run the week of August 19.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/go...wswire&id=6087

- your wrong , go to the website you gave out and on the top it says thursday july 24 8:55 am that was the time they posted it and if you look here- http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/go...wswire&id=6089 the time says 11:42 am when they posted the fall schedules ( scroll down the website and it says tuesday october, 28 "american juniors 2" i guess they changed there mind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast