+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Admit your biased pick here, don't lie

Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread, but I found it so intriguing - I had to reply!

Now clearly, as you can probably tell from my signature and avatar, you can see that my biased favorite is Katelyn Tarver. Now I know I am disappointing all Katelyn Tarver fans and her family and friends, etc, by saying truthfully that I first liked Katelyn because she's "obviously beautiful". Yeah, I kinda have that superficial soft spot for those attractive types. BUT I must say that the last two songs she has performed (Tell Him and On the Radio) I think she has surprised many who have held Katelyn only in the back of their minds as someone with talent. I truly think she has good singing talent, but like she even admitted in the audition video, she doesn't have much experience. But for a person with (it seems) the least amount of experience, she seems the best natural performer.

Note: The above opinion is absolutely and purely my completely, never-faltering, and shameless BIASED opinion
    Last edited by swdcfan; 08-02-2003 at 11:25 PM.
    A Katelyn Tarver Fan.
    "Isn't she lovely? She reminds me of that song 'Isn't She Lovely'."

FORT Regular
    Before I give my biased opinion, I have to state something that everyone's been over-looking. There is NO WAY that the producers let the kids pick their own songs. Period. Regardless of the Danielle interview that may or may not exist, that's how it is. Think about it... The producers want an entertaining show, so they need variety and need to keep things under control. If they chose the songs, they can keep a good mix of ballads and fast songs and well as different artists and what-not. And what if two kids pick the same song? That would be a mess... So having someone tell them makes that a lot easier. They also have more control over votes by what songs they give the kids, since they can help showcase talent, or downplay a kid's skill. Now think about it! You know I'm right!

Now my opinion... Danielle is my favourite! By far! I fell in love with her the second she walked on stage (the beautiful girl!) and was floored when she sang. Amazing!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by swdcfan
    Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread, but I found it so intriguing - I had to reply!

Now clearly, as you can probably tell from my signature and avatar, you can see that my biased favorite is Katelyn Tarver. Now I know I am disappointing all Katelyn Tarver fans and her family and friends, etc, by saying truthfully that I first liked Katelyn because she's "obviously beautiful". Yeah, I kinda have that superficial soft spot for those attractive types. BUT I must say that the last two songs she has performed (Tell Him and On the Radio) I think she has surprised many who have held Katelyn only in the back of their minds as someone with talent. I truly think she has good singing talent, but like she even admitted in the audition video, she doesn't have much experience. But for a person with (it seems) the least amount of experience, she seems the best natural performer.

Note: The above opinion is absolutely and purely my completely, never-faltering, and shameless BIASED opinion
    Just wanted to say that I LOVED this post! Thanks for being so honest.

And Katelyn has come a long way for her first audition. During her first three performances, I thought she was a wallflower- pretty girl, ok voice, no personality, totally forgettable. The past two weeks have made such a big difference for her- she's been confident and expressive on stage, and has shown such a likeable personality. Honestly, I don't see her as a good enough singer to get a recording contract (she's still young and has time to improve though)...but I can definately see her having big-time appeal as a movie star.

FORT Newbie
    I wanted Lucy in, and it happened already so everything's going great. (I wish the next one is Chantel or Danielle... but I doubt Danielle will get in)

I want Danielle to make it into this group. (I'm probably just repeating what other people said, but here goes.) She's a very pretty girl, easy on the eyes. She has such an amazing voice, maybe the best out of anyone in the top 10. Not only is she a sweet girl, she's very humble. I read somewhere that she sang at the Gospel Awards, or sometin like that, which was to raise money for cancer, and before she sang she called this little girl that had cancer that she was thinkin of her and dedicatin the song to her.

I think that the group needs someone like that, who will do charity events. And if this group makes any money (now or in the future), u can most likely count on her to give some of that money to help others. She's just a good girl with a good heart.
    Last edited by nyk20; 08-03-2003 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shell76

Lucy - she seems to be taking this competition too seriously and is very eager to get in. I don't really want her to, she'll be "dumbing down" her talent to fit in with the lil' ones. She's a super talented singer, but doesn't have much charisma. Like Morgan, she seems reserved and I don't see her getting along too well with the kids; just speculating.

I know that was a while ago--( when you said that) and Lucys already in teh group but, -- i disagree with what you said that i underlined. because she heard about the show, auditioned, because she has an amazing voice, got in got to the finals, and got in the group. How would you know she is "trying to hard"??

Everybody practices to same amout, she just succeeds at it more than the others. Just because she has an amazing voice every week, doesnt mean shes taking this competition to seriously or shes very eager to get in.. If any of the Juniors are taking the competiton to seriously or are eager to get in its all of them. They wouldnt have entered the competiton if they werent eager to get in.

A lot of people assume stuff about Lucy, and most of the stuff people say about her hasnt ever been said or seen on the show. Dont assume negitive things before you actually see them or hear them happen.
    LUCY HALE IS AWESOME!!!!

FORT Fan
    [QUOTE=TheTruth]
    And Katelyn has come a long way for her first audition. [QUOTE]

I agree that her earlier performances were lacking (except "I'll Never Fall in Love"- I really liked that one...) but her audition was wonderful! Didn't she think "Can't Hurry Love?" Maybe I'm thinking of a different person, but I was really impressed with her first audition.

Aiside from that, my biased favorites are Danielle, Jordan, Katelyn, and Chauncey.

Snellville... hometown of music's next big superstar.
    [QUOTE=GroveingIt][QUOTE=TheTruth]
    And Katelyn has come a long way for her first audition.

I agree that her earlier performances were lacking (except "I'll Never Fall in Love"- I really liked that one...) but her audition was wonderful! Didn't she think "Can't Hurry Love?" Maybe I'm thinking of a different person, but I was really impressed with her first audition.

Aiside from that, my biased favorites are Danielle, Jordan, Katelyn, and Chauncey.
    yep she sang Can't Hurry Love in her audition.

you can download it here: http://katelyn.ecfan.net/
    YDiana DeGarmo One VoiceY

She dreamed... the impossible dream. She fought the unbeatable foe.
    She's still standing better than she ever did...

This is it! This time I know it's for real.

MY AMERICAN IDOL
    Did you think this fool could never win? Look at her, she's coming back again!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by LucyHaleFan
    I know that was a while ago--( when you said that) and Lucys already in teh group but, -- i disagree with what you said that i underlined. because she heard about the show, auditioned, because she has an amazing voice, got in got to the finals, and got in the group. How would you know she is "trying to hard"??

Everybody practices to same amout, she just succeeds at it more than the others. Just because she has an amazing voice every week, doesnt mean shes taking this competition to seriously or shes very eager to get in.. If any of the Juniors are taking the competiton to seriously or are eager to get in its all of them. They wouldnt have entered the competiton if they werent eager to get in.

A lot of people assume stuff about Lucy, and most of the stuff people say about her hasnt ever been said or seen on the show. Dont assume negitive things before you actually see them or hear them happen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345