+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Do You Love Me" Thoughts

FORT Fanatic

"Do You Love Me" Thoughts

I posted this last night, but I think it got deleted--I may have posted it too soon. I'll have to start posting in the morning. Anyways, here were my thoughts (edited):

First off, I wasn't fond of the boys talking in the beginning of the song. I think they're too young for that. But they pulled off the dance-on-the-knees part pretty well. Quite cute.

I loved the girls background dancing and vocals. It reminded me of a true 60's movie or something you'd see on Johnny Carson. Did I just say Johnny Carson...

Loved Danielle with the guys. I didn't quite like her singing part, I'm not sure upbeat songs are for her period. But the position they had her in (with the boys behind her dancing) was very well done. Is Carrie Ann still choreographing this? No way, she can't be!

Lucy--I love her voice, but I'm convinced that's the same soul Danielle had last night, which was scary then. Lucy's just not a dancer--but A for the effort. Her voice makes up for it--and hey, it was another real move! We're 2 for 2.

Yes, kids, that was really the Mashed Potato, and that was really the Twist! Just when I though Carrie Ann made up every dance, they really incorporated real dances, and the kids looked NORMAL and quite cute!

I wasn't a fan of Tori's squeal during the twist--but they did the twist, should I really be complaining?

And Chantel's step--which wasn't real--was pretty well done for her. To me, she's not that much of a dancer, and though the step loooked odd, it definitely didn't look as odd as some other things I've seen her done.

Just when it was getting good, they brought back the jumping step. A filler step, but I still think that step looks really odd. What's so cute about jumping and pumping your fist? I'll never get that one.

But, the mixing bowl step didn't exist in this dance. I knew someone up there was looking out for me. Talk about a step that disgraced all dancers...

For a second, I thought they were going to throw our their arm sockets with what I can only call a "softball throw step." But I loved the head motions! A little awkward the first time I saw it, but it's grown on me.

I didn't care for the walk around the...sub stage they call it? Who knows. Running back to their spots, like I said, is just annoying. Dancers don't run. Runners do.

Singing wise, the country-raise my voice at the end--accent killed me! It reminded me of Jordan's "Stupid Cupid"--I didn't see why that was necessary...

The ending was odd. The original doesn't sound like that, but I enjoyed it--it fit their voices, which in the end, is all that matters.

All in all, nothing can be worse than last week. And to me, this was better than the mixing-bowl, funky handjive dance of Make Your Own Kind of Music as well. There was no side-to side. All the steps we complained about were literally--gone. Do they really listen to us....

But they still have a few kinks to work out. I said it couldn't get worse, and it didn't.

I enjoyed this. It wasn't earth-shattering, but it put a smile on my face.

I think this was a pretty popular one. What did you guys think?
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

Splendid Street Urchin Gavroche's Avatar
    Definitely put a smile on my face. All the kids sounded great and danced well and you could tell they were having a lot of fun. And they're all so adorable!
    "Allons enfants de la patrie..."
    Long Live Us!

Claymate #1493

Congratulations Taylor, Tori, Chauncey, Lucy, Danielle!
    Go Audrey!

It's been my favorite so far. I thought they sounded good together and I was so thankful they were all dressed to suit their ages for a change. They all looked adorable.

As I said in another thread...Jordan was outstanding in the dancing and really made me sit up and notice.

I didn't actually mind Tori's part, but I agree Danielle seemed to have the wrong part. It came right after Tori's lower and stronger solo and seemed to get lost. I've seen Danielle shine more in other group performances.

Poor Lucy and her dancing. It's a shame when she sings so beautifully.

Katelyn even looked great in this one (she has seemed awkward and out of place in some of the past group preformances).

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised after the "United We Stand" fiasco where they were missing steps, running into each other and the harmonies were painful to listen too.

Still needs some tweaking, but overall...much, much better

FORT Fan
    Personally, I thought it was very entertaining. For their age, I thought the kids did a great job! It could have been compared to an AI performance, which, by the way, they run around downstage as well-it hypes up the crowd.

Jordan Fan + #1 Cedes fan trunks's Avatar
    I loved it. My favorite so far.

FORT Fan
    I noticed that Chauncey, Katelyn and Tori all had some slight problems with remembering to hold their mikes up while lip-synching...but I really liked this performance, after I watch these I wonder why they don't just make a group of ten...
    "It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies..."

I was impressed and shocked. It made me wonder why the earlier ones looked so bad. I hope the choreographers keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by zippy
    I was impressed and shocked. It made me wonder why the earlier ones looked so bad. I hope the choreographers keep up the good work.
    In the credits running at the end of the show, I noticed last week(not sure about this week), it said: "Assistant Choreographer: Mandy Moore." Now if this is the singer/actress Mandy Moore, this could be the reason for the bad dancing.

No, it's not that Mandy Moore, LOL. I looked her up on imdb.com the first week. She's a dancer, and I think she was in an Austin Powers movie. Who knows, maybe this week the choreographer was working on the video and the Asst choreographer DID do the group number.

FORT Newbie
    I thought it was awesome they should do more like that one!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast