Ryan Malcolm Age: 24 Kingston, ON

Marc Devigne Age: 19 Winnipeg, MB

Sherry St-Germain Age: 21 Winnipeg, MB

Sharon Vanden Enden Age: 21 Brantford, ON

Andrew Leader Age: 26 Montreal, QC

Kevin Murdock Age: 24 New Glasgow, NS

I gave my picks already on another thread:

Toya or Andrew

If neither impress, it's between Sherry, Sharon, and Kevin. Sorry, Ryan. We need some big voices in this comp.

FORT Fogey
    My pick for wildcard, obviously is Ms. Toya Alexis, best singer of the competition.

I have no idea how they are going to choose between all these signers! You know who I'm rooting for, even though it's unlikely he'll get it but I also root for ANDREW and I can't wait to see what Kevin will do. And are the judges choosing the wildcard?

FORT Fogey
    Nope it will be the audience, here's evidence, i thought the judges would have picked.

Toronto, Ontario (July 22, 2003) –In a surprise ending to tonight’s Canadian Idol live results show, host Ben Mulroney unveiled the names of the eight performers who will compete for the last remaining Top 10 position next week. And in a twist, it was revealed that the Wild Card competitors were picked, for the most part, by Canadian Idol voters. Seven of eight of next week’s Wild Card competitors have been selected based on votes already cast. The eight Wild Card performers compete next Monday, July 28 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CTV.

At the conclusion of tonight’s live broadcast, Canadian Idol host Ben Mulroney announced that Wild Card competitors were selected according to the percentage of votes cast for them during Top 30 shows over the past three weeks. The competitors who generated the biggest percentage of votes in their respective weeks have been asked to join next week’s Wild Card competition to determine Canadian Idol’s final Top 10 spot.

For two hours immediately following next Monday’s show, the home viewing audience can vote via text-messaging and toll-free telephone. To cast their vote, viewers can call one of 10 designated toll-free telephone numbers, each one corresponding to one of the performers. The toll-free telephone numbers are 1-866-9-IDOL-01 (436502, -03, -04, -05, -06, -07, -08, -09 and –10).

Viewers can also text the word “WIN” to one of 10 designated text messaging numbers, again with each one corresponding to one of the performers. A $0.25 fee is charged by the wireless carrier for each vote. The text-message numbers are IDOL01 (436502, -03, -04, -05, -06, -07, -08, -09 and –10).

The voting results will be revealed during a live broadcast on Tuesday, July 29 at 7:30 p.m. ET / 8:30 p.m. AT / 9:00 p.m. NT and tape-delayed at 7:30 p.m. PT/MT and 10:30 p.m. CT.

FORT Fogey
    Sherry will not be performing tongiht.

+ Reply to Thread