+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This group will be successful

This group will be successful

I hear most of you saying this group isn't as good as it should be and it won't be successful. I agree and disagree. I agree this group could be better, but I think no matter who they put in the group from now, it will be successful.

You have to remember, this is America, anyone can become successful if given the right media forum. You don't have to be the most qualified or talented to get the limelight. You just need a great team behind you, market you right, and watch the flock of sheep come running.

The record label has a plan up their sleeves. Ask yourselves, how in the world did the Spice Girls make it so big? They weren't THAT talented. They couldn't sing ballads as well as Celine or Whitney, not even Kelly Clarkson for that matter, but they were bigger than Celine, Whitney, and Kelly. You're thinking they only lasted 2 to 3 years, but during that time, they'd made more money than most bands will ever make in their lifetime. Was New Kids on the Block great singers? Was Vanilla ice or Hammer great singers?

You don't think the record label has already made deals with mtv and Disney. Two of the biggest power media outlets, not just in America, but in the world? Who knows how many other outlets already have their name on the dotted line with the label.

Mtv can make ANY one or group famous if they decided to. And Disney can make any kid/s with mediocre talent *cough*Hillary Duff*cough* and make them famous. Ask Nsync what channel gave them their first televised concert that was one of their biggest breaks that contributed to the beginning of their huge success. They will tell you Disney. Backstreetboys was famous in Europe, but when did they get famous in america? When mtv put their video on. Hanson, just two weeks on TRL, they came an overnight success. Dream, with P diddy backing them up, they got huge in a second. I can go and on, but you get the point.

How big and how long, who knows? Just my opinion.
    Last edited by yahright; 07-24-2003 at 03:59 PM.

Jordan Fan + #1 Cedes fan trunks's Avatar
    Atleast someone else thinks the way I do.

I still think the group wont be that successful, look whose in it already the thompson sisters and chauncey, he has talent but the thompson sisters are a total waste of group space. the only reason all those other people and groups were that successful is because there target audiences were teenagers and young adults. I very seriously doubt that the group as it is now and even if Aj and lucy or chantel get in will be that successful if the target audience is itty bitty kids, which what i feared was going to be the outcome from the way the top ten looked. the group will be all out of balance if aj, lucy, and/or chantel get in. three smaller kids with two older kids towering over them. if thats not the case then the remaining younger kids will get in jordan, daneille, morgan then it will be a kiddy group for sure. which i doubt will match the popularity of n sync, bsb, the spice girls, or anyone else for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by lamonte
    I still think the group wont be that successful, look whose in it already the thompson sisters and chauncey, he has talent but the thompson sisters are a total waste of group space. the only reason all those other people and groups were that successful is because there target audiences were teenagers and young adults. I very seriously doubt that the group as it is now and even if Aj and lucy or chantel get in will be that successful if the target audience is itty bitty kids, which what i feared was going to be the outcome from the way the top ten looked. the group will be all out of balance if aj, lucy, and/or chantel get in. three smaller kids with two older kids towering over them. if thats not the case then the remaining younger kids will get in jordan, daneille, morgan then it will be a kiddy group for sure. which i doubt will match the popularity of n sync, bsb, the spice girls, or anyone else for that matter.
    Good post, but I was just using nsync, bsb, spice girls, and new kids as only examples. This group won't come as big as them, I'm just saying I think this group will be successful. What other kids get in the group from now, I still say it don't matter much. It will all come down to mtv, disney, and sponsors getting them on commercials. Tv shows or whatever. Even if this group doesn't hit the adult consumers, their is a big enough kiddy consumer mass out there to keep this group above the water. People are under estimating the power of the Thompson sisters. Just those two alone could copy the Olsen Twins road and make huge profits.

I doubt it, but thats just my opinion. we dont need another olsen twins, just the thought of it makes me wanna blow chunckies

Quote Originally Posted by lamonte
    I doubt it, but thats just my opinion. we dont need another olsen twins, just the thought of it makes me wanna blow chunckies
    Me too, I definitely do NOT want another Olsen Twins. LOL. But you can't deny the fact that they are making tons of money. I heard they are worth around 100 million dollars, or around that figure. It's crazy.

yeah that is crazy, a couple of teenagers worth 100 million dollars for doing nothing that spectacular. well thats the way it goes sometimes. i hope ill be worth triple that much when i get grown.

Far From the Place I Love l2hdd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yahright
    Mtv can make ANY one or group famous if they decided to. And Disney can make any kid/s with mediocre talent *cough*Hillary Duff*cough* and make them famous.
    Well, I think it is pretty safe to say you won't be seeing these kids on MTV but you do have a good point with Disney promoting them. That is the exact group of kids- the tweeners, that I said a couple of weeks ago would be the target audience for this group.

As for Hilary... I realize this is completely off topic but...I don't think I will ever understand her appeal! Talk about someone who has no vocal ability at all! The first time I heard her "I Can't Wait" or whatever it is called song, I found myself with an answer to a question that had long been plaguing my mind. "Yes, it is possible to filter someone's voice so much that is actually a machine, not a person, singing the song!"

I like the fact the T sis. were put into the group, but Chuancy? Nope! He just ruined my chance of buying their album.

Splendid Street Urchin Gavroche's Avatar
    I agree with the Disney thing, though I like the group so far and will buy their CD. And who is Hillary Duff?
    "Allons enfants de la patrie..."
    Long Live Us!

Claymate #1493

Congratulations Taylor, Tori, Chauncey, Lucy, Danielle!
    Go Audrey!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast