+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This group will be successful

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth
    ...but I doubt that Disney is going to spend much energy promoting a group originated from a Fox show. The last thing Disney wants is to help one of Fox's franchises out (thus hurting ABC's ratings).
    Kelly Clarkson originated from a Fox Show, and she is currently at no 3 on their Radio Disney countdown. She even reached no 1 on their countdown in the past, getting heavy air play.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by yahright
    Kelly Clarkson originated from a Fox Show, and she is currently at no 3 on their Radio Disney countdown. She even reached no 1 on their countdown in the past, getting heavy air play.
    Kelly Clarkson is a different case though. She's gonna get radioplay and exposure without Radio Disney.

As far as the juniors go, these kids would desperately need promotion through mediums like Radio Disney to have any success. The future of the AJ franchise basically hinges upon this group being able to experience some commercial success. Thus Disney would essentially have to do a favor for Fox by promoting this group...which I'm not sure they're willing to do.

The public demands to hear Kelly Clarkson...not sure the public would demand to hear the juniors...I'm sure Radio Disney is doing just fine w/o playing the juniors' songs...and unless the AJ group becomes a phenomenon that demands to be heard by the public, I just can't see Disney promoting this group all that much. JMO

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by yahright
    I hear most of you saying this group isn't as good as it should be and it won't be successful. I agree and disagree. I agree this group could be better, but I think no matter who they put in the group from now, it will be successful.

You have to remember, this is America, anyone can become successful if given the right media forum. You don't have to be the most qualified or talented to get the limelight. You just need a great team behind you, market you right, and watch the flock of sheep come running.

The record label has a plan up their sleeves. Ask yourselves, how in the world did the Spice Girls make it so big? They weren't THAT talented. They couldn't sing ballads as well as Celine or Whitney, not even Kelly Clarkson for that matter, but they were bigger than Celine, Whitney, and Kelly. You're thinking they only lasted 2 to 3 years, but during that time, they'd made more money than most bands will ever make in their lifetime. Was New Kids on the Block great singers? Was Vanilla ice or Hammer great singers?

You don't think the record label has already made deals with mtv and Disney. Two of the biggest power media outlets, not just in America, but in the world? Who knows how many other outlets already have their name on the dotted line with the label.

Mtv can make ANY one or group famous if they decided to. And Disney can make any kid/s with mediocre talent *cough*Hillary Duff*cough* and make them famous. Ask Nsync what channel gave them their first televised concert that was one of their biggest breaks that contributed to the beginning of their huge success. They will tell you Disney. Backstreetboys was famous in Europe, but when did they get famous in america? When mtv put their video on. Hanson, just two weeks on TRL, they came an overnight success. Dream, with P diddy backing them up, they got huge in a second. I can go and on, but you get the point.

How big and how long, who knows? Just my opinion.
    I think they will be famous for a little bit, but will not last long. I think some of them could go solo and last but a lot of the people you listed were people that had fifteen minutes of fame.

Quote Originally Posted by l2hdd
    As for Hilary... I realize this is completely off topic but...I don't think I will ever understand her appeal! Talk about someone who has no vocal ability at all! The first time I heard her "I Can't Wait" or whatever it is called song, I found myself with an answer to a question that had long been plaguing my mind. "Yes, it is possible to filter someone's voice so much that is actually a machine, not a person, singing the song!"
    Ugh, I completely agree. I really hate her (well, as much as you can hate someone you don't really know and isn't a criminal or anything). She has no talent, I remember reading a post that said she only has three expressions and I agree.
    Last edited by EricaAlexis; 07-25-2003 at 01:50 AM.

she was never famous because of her singing. she was famous for being miss lizzy maguire.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by superfly
    she was never famous because of her singing. she was famous for being miss lizzy maguire.
    I was saying she doesn't haven't talent as an actress.

i never said she did, her appeal is not in her acting but in her looks.

FORT Fan
    I think that she is a good actres, but a bad singer, and ditching Lizzie McGuire wasn't a good idea...
    "It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies..."

Far From the Place I Love l2hdd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth
    Somehow I have a hard time believing that Disney (which owns ABC) would give the AJ group heavy promotion. The AJ group could make appearances on the Disney channel, get radio play on the station...but I doubt that Disney is going to spend much energy promoting a group originated from a Fox show. The last thing Disney wants is to help one of Fox's franchises out (thus hurting ABC's ratings).
    I would be inclined to agree with you but Disney surprised me a couple of weeks ago when they agreed to release and promote Hilary Duff's CD on Radio Disney this fall even though they no longer have a contract with her for their network and she has signed a contract with the WB.

This group could possibly get quite a bit of airtime on Radio Disney and the Disney Channel.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123