+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: This group will be successful

  1. #11
    FORT Fan JuniorsFANatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York (Long Island)
    Age
    28
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavroche
    I agree with the Disney thing, though I like the group so far and will buy their CD. And who is Hillary Duff?
    You've never heard of the show "Lizzie Maguire"???? thats the best show!!! lol
    I Love American Juniors!!!
    Congratulations to DANIELLE WHITE! Lucy Hale, Chauncey Matthews, and Taylor and Tori Thompson!

  2. #12
    FORT Regular xoxkels06xox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    26
    Posts
    112
    I'm going to buy the cd! I love all the top 10! Some more than others though but whatever the turn out is I'll buy the cd!
    K e l s e y

    Keeper of:
    1* All of Jordan's performances!
    2* Jordan's tears!
    3* AJ's face and hair!

  3. #13
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    262
    After all of their hard work, I'd buy it too.

  4. #14
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by yahright
    I hear most of you saying this group isn't as good as it should be and it won't be successful. I agree and disagree. I agree this group could be better, but I think no matter who they put in the group from now, it will be successful.

    You have to remember, this is America, anyone can become successful if given the right media forum. You don't have to be the most qualified or talented to get the limelight. You just need a great team behind you, market you right, and watch the flock of sheep come running.

    The record label has a plan up their sleeves. Ask yourselves, how in the world did the Spice Girls make it so big? They weren't THAT talented. They couldn't sing ballads as well as Celine or Whitney, not even Kelly Clarkson for that matter, but they were bigger than Celine, Whitney, and Kelly. You're thinking they only lasted 2 to 3 years, but during that time, they'd made more money than most bands will ever make in their lifetime. Was New Kids on the Block great singers? Was Vanilla ice or Hammer great singers?

    You don't think the record label has already made deals with mtv and Disney. Two of the biggest power media outlets, not just in America, but in the world? Who knows how many other outlets already have their name on the dotted line with the label.

    Mtv can make ANY one or group famous if they decided to. And Disney can make any kid/s with mediocre talent *cough*Hillary Duff*cough* and make them famous. Ask Nsync what channel gave them their first televised concert that was one of their biggest breaks that contributed to the beginning of their huge success. They will tell you Disney. Backstreetboys was famous in Europe, but when did they get famous in america? When mtv put their video on. Hanson, just two weeks on TRL, they came an overnight success. Dream, with P diddy backing them up, they got huge in a second. I can go and on, but you get the point.

    How big and how long, who knows? Just my opinion.
    Hey yahright- Another very thoughtful post...

    These kids are going to be all over TV- they will definately be on Fox and probably even the FX channel. I somehow doubt this group will end up on MTV (affiliated with Time Warner) or Disney (affiliated with ABC).

    But nobody has an answer for this group's biggest dilemma- RADIOPLAY.

    Quite frankly, without a hit single, their album is going nowhere near the top of the charts. Yes, they will sell some albums based off their TV exposure and the fanbase of the show. But what radio station is going to play their songs? And are their songs going to be any good? If their songs are anything like that "Bring the House Down" garbage, I could never see the juniors' record near the top of the charts.

  5. #15
    FORT Fan yahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth
    But nobody has an answer for this group's biggest dilemma- RADIOPLAY.
    Ever heard of Radio Disney. That's a huge market for kids.

  6. #16
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by yahright
    Ever heard of Radio Disney. That's a huge market for kids.
    Never heard of it. Huge enough to blow up a single? I think they'll need more radioplay than some Disney station to really sell records.

  7. #17
    FORT Fogey zippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    1,243
    Is Radio Disney just another way for Disney to promote their own stable of kids or do they play everybody? I tried to listen to it, but where I live, the reception stinks.

  8. #18
    FORT Fan yahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth
    Never heard of it. Huge enough to blow up a single? I think they'll need more radioplay than some Disney station to really sell records.
    You're right. It won't be huge by only radio disney, but it would contribute a lot to blowing up the single, ofcourse along with them touring, tv appearances, etc etc etc.

    Aaron Carter, Jump 5, A*teens, Rose Falcon, LMNT, Nikki Cleary, Play, Stevie Brock and Hillary Duff rarely get any radio play elsewhere, but they are big stars to the kids. Most I mentioned, rely heavily on Radio Disney to keep them in the spotlight. Ofcourse, along with that, they tour also. Radio Disney have these groups/singers in their top 30 countdown, and in heavy rotation every single day broadcasting in 56 cities around the USA. Here are some stats on 19 of those cities: 6 cities in California, 3 cities in New York, 3 in Texas, 7 in Florida, which are major markets reaching masses of kids.
    You can check each state for Radio Disney locations here:
    http://psc.disney.go.com/radiodisney...ion/index.html
    Last edited by yahright; 07-24-2003 at 10:32 PM.

  9. #19
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    398
    Alot of the Radio Disney songs are played on the Disney Channel as well, during commercial breaks and things like that...That's not alot, but its TV exposure to the Disney set...
    "It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies..."

  10. #20
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by yahright
    You're right. It won't be huge by only radio disney, but it would contribute a lot to blowing up the single, ofcourse along with them touring, tv appearances, etc etc etc.

    Aaron Carter, Jump 5, A*teens, Rose Falcon, LMNT, Nikki Cleary, Play, Stevie Brock and Hillary Duff rarely get any radio play elsewhere, but they are big stars to the kids. Most I mentioned, rely heavily on Radio Disney to keep them in the spotlight. Ofcourse, along with that, they tour also. Radio Disney have these groups/singers in their top 30 countdown, and in heavy rotation every single day broadcasting in 56 cities around the USA. Here are some stats on 19 of those cities: 6 cities in California, 3 cities in New York, 3 in Texas, 7 in Florida, which are major markets reaching masses of kids.
    You can check each state for Radio Disney locations here:
    http://psc.disney.go.com/radiodisney...ion/index.html
    Somehow I have a hard time believing that Disney (which owns ABC) would give the AJ group heavy promotion. The AJ group could make appearances on the Disney channel, get radio play on the station...but I doubt that Disney is going to spend much energy promoting a group originated from a Fox show. The last thing Disney wants is to help one of Fox's franchises out (thus hurting ABC's ratings).

    I think the AJ group will most likely getting most of its pub through appearances on Fox and FX. JMO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.