+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wild card winner to be determined by voters

Wild card winner to be determined by voters

Toronto, Ontario (July 22, 2003) –In a surprise ending to tonight’s Canadian Idol live results show, host Ben Mulroney unveiled the names of the eight performers who will compete for the last remaining Top 10 position next week. And in a twist, it was revealed that the Wild Card competitors were picked, for the most part, by Canadian Idol voters. Seven of eight of next week’s Wild Card competitors have been selected based on votes already cast. The eight Wild Card performers compete next Monday, July 28 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CTV.

At the conclusion of tonight’s live broadcast, Canadian Idol host Ben Mulroney announced that Wild Card competitors were selected according to the percentage of votes cast for them during Top 30 shows over the past three weeks. The competitors who generated the biggest percentage of votes in their respective weeks have been asked to join next week’s Wild Card competition to determine Canadian Idol’s final Top 10 spot.

The lone exception is Nova Scotia’s Kevin Murdock. The 24-year-old New Glasgow native is familiar to Canadian Idol viewers as the member of the Top 143 who lost his voice due to viral pneumonia and was barely able to continue the audition process. Murdock endeared himself to viewers in the very first episode and generated significant discussion in the message forums on the Canadian Idol Web site (idol.ctv.ca) after he failed to advance to the Top 30.

“ We felt we needed to bring Kevin back,” said Canadian Idol Executive Producer John Brunton. “He was unable to audition to the best of his ability in the Top 143 round. We’ve listened to viewers and think he deserves a second chance.”

For two hours immediately following next Monday’s show, the home viewing audience can vote via text-messaging and toll-free telephone. To cast their vote, viewers can call one of 10 designated toll-free telephone numbers, each one corresponding to one of the performers. The toll-free telephone numbers are 1-866-9-IDOL-01 (436502, -03, -04, -05, -06, -07, -08, -09 and –10).

Viewers can also text the word “WIN” to one of 10 designated text messaging numbers, again with each one corresponding to one of the performers. A $0.25 fee is charged by the wireless carrier for each vote. The text-message numbers are IDOL01 (436502, -03, -04, -05, -06, -07, -08, -09 and –10).

The voting results will be revealed during a live broadcast on Tuesday, July 29 at 7:30 p.m. ET / 8:30 p.m. AT / 9:00 p.m. NT and tape-delayed at 7:30 p.m. PT/MT and 10:30 p.m. CT.

link to article

FORT Fan
    with the performances i've seen so far,
    i'll probably be voting for either Ryan or Sherry,
    Ryan though should rise up next week,
    Sherry's room of improvement though isnt that big,
    i dont think she has strong enough vocals to back it up,
    and she doesnt have the vibes of Audrey/Karen-Lee

Marc and Tylers can go,
    Sharen and Tonya and Kevin dont care that much,
    unless they really impress me,
    but Andrew has to pick a hard song to sing,
    and sing it well, or i'll probably not voting for him

MY PICK:.....RYAN.(

I like Ryan and Kevin a lot. I think they have a good chance. I also like Marc Devigne, but I probably won't be voting for him. Andrew's probably my favorite of the wild card contestants and I think he has a very good chance of being selected... after all with a last name like Leader, you can't lose.

FORT Fogey
    TOYA! Sherry and Andrew would also be good picks, those are the only three i care about. Toya! Toya!

It's between Toya and Andrew for me. Sherry, Sharon and Kevin have to have the performances of their lives to impress me enough to change my vote.

I'd like Andrew first, if he doesn't make it, then Toya should and lastly if neither of those 2 get in it has to be Sharon.

Actually think Kevin probably has the best voice out of this group. I also like Sharon & Tyler.

Hopefully they also bring back Nicole from Group 2 if indeed Sherry was booted from the competion.

Also don't be too surprised if they make it a Top 11 or 12 with maybe 2 or 3 wildcards being added, similarly to what they did with AI. Have the voters pick 1 & the judges also pick a couple. Should be an interesting show.

Canada *I wish Quebec but Ontario for now*
    I'm voting for either Tyler or Sharon. Whoever sings better I really wanted Justin *the country guy in group 3* made wild card tho. I really liked him!! lol

Tomorrow!!!
    I hope they all sing their butts off!
    Make me want to go pick up my phone and dial!!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Liant
    Actually think Kevin probably has the best voice out of this group. I also like Sharon & Tyler.

Hopefully they also bring back Nicole from Group 2 if indeed Sherry was booted from the competion.

Also don't be too surprised if they make it a Top 11 or 12 with maybe 2 or 3 wildcards being added, similarly to what they did with AI. Have the voters pick 1 & the judges also pick a couple. Should be an interesting show.
    unlikely.....picking 3 from 7?....
    that's even more unfair........
    i wont like it if they have 2,
    GO RYAN....

+ Reply to Thread