+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How To Market The Group

FORT Fan

How To Market The Group

Now that Chauncey is in the group I think that most people will agree that it is going to be more of a "little-kid" group. How is 19E going to market the kids?? If Lucy and Chantel both get into the group it's going to be..well...interesting...

FORT Fan
    I think they should market the group as a young teen group which is a happy medium...the kids will still buy it and adults will buy it if the music is good.

I think Lucy or Chantel, if not both, will get into this group. And if one of them can get into the group as the "lead voice" and basically the captain of the group, I think that this group will be much more mature than we give them credit for. Tori, Taylor, and Chauncey are all very young and innocent, but I think they are being underestimated in the type of material they can take on. No reason to limit these kids to bubblegum kiddie pop type material...I think they can take on more mature songs and still make it "cute" for the younger crowd, like Jackson 5 or New Edition- not that they will sound like these groups, but I think those groups could serve as a guideline for how to market the AJ group and the maturity-level of the songs they should be singing.
    Last edited by TheTruth; 07-24-2003 at 01:37 AM.

FORT Fan
    Also...first things first...they have to decide what type of group this is. It may appear that it is obviously going to be a pop group...but pop is so broad, they need to find their niche within the pop world. Most likely, I expect it to be of the boy-band/girl-group variety...but IF AJ and Chantel can get into the group (which I expect), it gives them options. I really feel like AJ and Chantel's voices are better suited for the R&B/Soul genre...and they could go into that direction if they are voted in...although I have a feeling that if they get in, they will find a way to waste AJ and Chantel's voices on songs that are beneath them (simply to keep them from overpowering the 3 lighter voices).
    Last edited by TheTruth; 07-24-2003 at 02:59 AM.

i agree with the jackson 5 part its kinda obvois(is that how you spell it) 'cause of my name

They will add Jordan and Danielle into the group and they all will be dressed up like munchkins from Oz and sing, "We are the lollipop kids, the lollipop kids...."

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by yahright
    They will add Jordan and Danielle into the group and they all will be dressed up like munchkins from Oz and sing, "We are the lollipop kids, the lollipop kids...."

Why would they spend all that time and money to produce last night's video if that's not the kind of stuff they will do in the future? The 3-yr old was the only one in our house who loved it. I think that's their audience.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by zippy
    Why would they spend all that time and money to produce last night's video if that's not the kind of stuff they will do in the future? The 3-yr old was the only one in our house who loved it. I think that's their audience.
    You could be right. Who really knows though? I have a feeling that we're gonna see more mature music from them once the final two spots are determined. I'm not saying they'll be singing songs like the ones they are choosing for the competition...but I believe the songs will be more mature than what we saw in the Tori/Taylor video.

+ Reply to Thread