+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You Can Only Vote Once - I Think That's The Case

FORT Fanatic

You Can Only Vote Once - I Think That's The Case

Okay, I have a feeling that those voting 600+ times each night are wasting their time. Something tells me you can only vote once.

As I said before, if they know what time zone you're calling from, they recognize your phone. This is heavily audited. It's not some free online php poll script, this is a real thing that's tested.

Those who voted 700 times for Danielle last night, I didn't vote for her, of course, have to agree.

Additionally, if it was proven you can vote more than once - ANYONE could sue saying that they were not judged on talent, but by how fast their fans could press redial. It would be fraud on the part of the production company, as well.

I don't see how I could be wrong on this.

FORT Fan
    At the end of the show the following message appears:

Production will have in place weekly monitoring procedures designed to prevent individuals from unfairly influencing the outcome of the voting by generating significant blocks of votes using technical enhancements. The producers reserve the right to remove any identified 'power dialing' votes.
    "It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies..."

FORT Fanatic
    hahahaha, the famous nikki mckibbon clause!
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

I believe that was the message at the end of AI2 too.

This is not to catch individuals dialling in multiple times from land lines or cell phones, but rather to catch people using technology to literally call in tens of thousands of votes.
    People admitted to doing this during the first season of AI.

I don;t know how to do it obviously, but apparently if you can get access to a company's telephone switch you can register thousands of votes.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fanatic
    fluff, I don't know how you do it either, but Nikki's family was caught, hence, bringing to light a situation Fox probably didn't know could happen.

Seriously, that has nothing to do with calling 600 times. It has to do with abusing technology, which her family did. They literally jammed the phone lines.

FORT Fan
    There is supposedly a program that you can hook up to a modem that can dial a few thousand times...

FORT Fanatic
    I still am sticking to the belief that you can only vote once per phone.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeah
    I still am sticking to the belief that you can only vote once per phone.
    I don't think that's true, but I do think that if they get an extraordinary amount of votes from one line (1000 maybe?) they will not count those. I think they try to make the show sound popular by saying they tally up millions of votes (both on the show, and in news articles), and if they were only allowing one vote per phone, they obviously wouldn't have as many...just my two cents...

FORT Fanatic
    4 million votes and voting once is 4 million people. I don't think so, lol.

FORT Fanatic
    A) They could count "unique" votes and then "total votes", just like a website. 4 million votes sounds better, but it's really maybe 1.5 million actual counted votes or so.

B) There are five million HOUSEHOLDS watching. Say that means at least 10 million phones. I'm sure 40% or so of the viewers do go ahead and vote (it's probably a larger margin).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast