+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kids Copying The Thompsons

Quote Originally Posted by Musiclover
    Of all the stupid threads, this one takes the cake. The Thompsons' didn't invent peppy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's called performing and that's what these kids are suppose to do. No one is emulating, they are performing!

first off, i don't think any of these kids are copying "the thompsons' style"

and second, i totally agree with musiclover. their "style" is neither unique nor invented by the thompsons.

FORT Fan
    It's not really "copying" the Thompsons style but after the Thompson sisters gave really "peppy" performances they got voted into the group so maybe the other kids decided to go for an upbeat song and do the same. It's not necessarily "copying" their "techinque" because the Thompson sisters did not invent moving around the stage and giving a fun upbeat performance but I guess it's more likely for the Thompsons to do that sort of thing so in a way it is like copying the Thompsons.

One thing I meant to mention a few days ago that kind of pertains to this thread is how after Tori held the final note of "Let er' Rip" well after the music had ended, in the following 2 weeks a few other contestants did the same thing. I noticed they had never done this before in the semi's or finals, so it seemed quite apparent. Coincidence? Coaching? Who knows...just something I noticed

Far From the Place I Love l2hdd's Avatar
    If you think the KIDS are choosing any of their own songs, dance moves or even clothing then you are sadly delusional. Take a look at the closing credits. There are people behind the scenes telling these kids exactly what to say and do. Do you honestly believe a 12 year old is going to choose to sing "The Night Has a Thousand Eyes" or "Don't Make Me Over"? Jordan admitted last week she had never even heard "ABC" until it was given to her to sing!

If you think these kids have any freedom in what they do right now, on or off the stage then I think you might want to check out this article on A.J. Young singer must wait again on show

If the kids are turning in "Thompson like" performances now, it is not by their choices.

Its all about the handlers.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by l2hdd
    If you think the KIDS are choosing any of their own songs, dance moves or even clothing then you are sadly delusional. Take a look at the closing credits. There are people behind the scenes telling these kids exactly what to say and do. Do you honestly believe a 12 year old is going to choose to sing "The Night Has a Thousand Eyes" or "Don't Make Me Over"? Jordan admitted last week she had never even heard "ABC" until it was given to her to sing!
    She said that, because that's weird, I mean it's a pretty famous song.

On topic: I think that they are probably being told to be like the Thompsons. (don't yell about me about this, I don't really know, I'm just trying to stay on topic.)

Quote Originally Posted by EricaAlexis
    She said that, because that's weird, I mean it's a pretty famous song.
    She is only 11 though. It is possible she has never heard or at least was not familiar with the song. The song was famous 20 years before she was even born!

On topic: I think that they are probably being told to be like the Thompsons. (don't yell about me about this, I don't really know, I'm just trying to stay on topic.)
    I think you are probably right. That's why I said its all about the handlers.

Yeah...we know (like this hasn't been brought up before a million times...even by myself in several threads) :rolleyes

Although we know the songs are chosen for them by the musical director and possibly even through some discussion with parents etc, it doesn't mean that at rehearsals the coaches and parents can't say "Hey...hold that note after the music ends like Tori did...the audience loved that".

It could be just conicidence....it's just something I'm pointing out that related to this thread
    Last edited by Shaenee; 07-25-2003 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by l2hdd

If you think these kids have any freedom in what they do right now, on or off the stage then I think you might want to check out this article on A.J. Young singer must wait again on show

If the kids are turning in "Thompson like" performances now, it is not by their choices.

Its all about the handlers.

Thanks Zippy! Did you read the article I mentioned? It was an eye opener as to what the kids' lives are like this summer.

FORT Fan
    I thought that Jordan said she had never PERFORMED "ABC" before not never heard it...
    "It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies..."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast