+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kids Copying The Thompsons

Snellville... hometown of music's next big superstar.
    Yeah they haven't proven anything. They're cute and thats all that matters.
    YDiana DeGarmo One VoiceY

She dreamed... the impossible dream. She fought the unbeatable foe.
    She's still standing better than she ever did...

This is it! This time I know it's for real.

MY AMERICAN IDOL
    Did you think this fool could never win? Look at her, she's coming back again!

I AM looking at their two music videos as a matter of fact. I was actually quite surprised at how professionally they pulled them off (considering the crap they were given to work with).

Of course...that will be YOUR opinion, and that's fine. But I stand by my statement. They have something unique and I think the number of voters who agree speak for themselves.

By the way...ALL of the juniors are awesome looking. I couldn't even begin to say which one was the cutest. They are all great looking kids

I think their video was great (just as good as anything the Olson twins did in their early days). Taylor and Tori are very talented and are only as good as the material they are given. I can't wait to see what they do once they venture out on their own!
    TAYLOR AND TORI ROCK!

Judd&Vicki4ever
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaenee
    I agree...they "tried" but they just couldn't pull it off. Regardless of what any of the "Thompson" haters say...the two girls have proven their overall star quality and appeal.

Thank-you! I agree!

FORT Fanatic
    I think these kids think the Thompson way is the way to get in, and it's backfiring on them, one by one.
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

So true Dani. Even though I do sometimes get tired of the ballads, if that's what you do best, stick with it. I noticed Lucy stuck with her original style and made it in to the top 3 last night. Smart girl

Quote Originally Posted by superfly
    i disagree, i don't think they have proved much of anything...just look at their two "music videos" if you can even call it that.

...and I have noticed that tori seems to have copied someone from the LA auditions...just my opinion

FORT Fanatic
    You take what you're given, and you do your best. They sang well, they danced well. The fact they were cheesy, they can't do anything about that. Could we really see Lucy and Chantel doing that? I think not.
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

Quote Originally Posted by Dani321
    I think these kids think the Thompson way is the way to get in, and it's backfiring on them, one by one.
    I think you give the kids too much credit (or blame). I'm sure it's the music and choreography staff behind the scenes picking the songs, and teaching them how to perform them. I don't think it's just a coincidence that Jordan, Danielle, Kaitlin, and Morgan changed their styles this week. None of them has been in the top 3 yet. And their song choices were becoming rather predictable. Maybe the vocal coach was just trying to show their versatility. But I don't think they were trying to "copy" anyone.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeah
    I personally have noticed quite a few instances with kids copying the Thompsons, after their winning performances. I can only think of a few right now, however. Please note that I still don't like Tori & Taylor, but feel that certain people were copying them.

- Chantel's "Stoney End". She went from being a mature older singer to a tall girl trying to act like a nine-year-old. Clearly based on Taylor winning due to her energy & spunk.

- Jordan's "ABC". Jordan was always a little overenthusiastic, but the way she danced and the outfit she wore was clearly a take off Taylor.

- Danielle's "Locomotion" - Clearly a Thompson-style performance.

- Jordan's performance on 7/22. She's worn her hair down before, but the whole style & was clearly a take off of Tori's look during "Love The One You're With".

Of all the stupid threads, this one takes the cake. The Thompsons' didn't invent peppy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's called performing and that's what these kids are suppose to do. No one is emulating, they are performing!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast