+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Things That Bug Me About Clay

"All work and no play...."
    and that's the last I'll say on this topic.
    In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities.

I, for one, have truly enjoyed my time here. Great forum, John. Thanks for putting up with us for as long as you have. Maybe I'll check back during AI3.

Bye, guys!

Hug me!
    The one thing that bugs me the most about Clay is that he "oversang" most of his performances and oh yeah.. his untug strip shirt... will never catch on.

bugged by continued tie to AI2

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfanoclay
    So tour reviews and CD info are okay. "Gushing" is not. I'll be sure remember this in future posts.
    Never knew that "Reality TV" could be taken so seriously.....
    I'd just like to point out that, while the "Clay Aiken" thread appears in the AI2 Archive Forum, much of what is being discussed about Clay at the FORT at present has little or nothing to do with AI2 -- at least not with the AI2 COMPETITION, the AI2 TV SHOW.

We're talking about Clay's TV appearances, his Rolling Stone cover and article, his soon-to-be released video of TITN, his full length CD that is waiting to be released, his establishing and promoting the Bubel foundation, his running for President... er...
    (Sorry. Got carried away for a moment.)

Anyway, the only thing most of us are posting about NOW that is AI2 related is the TOUR, and in that context, we're talking about Clay's (and others') PERFORMANCES and the fans' reactions, NOT much about who came in where as AI2 contestants.

I agree that the "tennis matches" need to be relegated to emails and PMs for the most part, and gushing about how gorgeous ANYone is belongs more in threads about who is really hot (male or female) than in a thread about AI2. This is not and should not be a FAN SITE for anyone. Or a chat room. (Many of us have already curtailed that sort of activity, or stopped it compeletely, as of a few weeks ago.) But it is really nice to have a place to discuss aspects of Clay's (and Ruben's and Kelly's, etc.) career in a way that's at least semi-rational. And it is appreciated by lots of us, John, even if it isn't always evident.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

The thing that bugs me about Clay is that his good nature, morality, Character, and integrety make it so easy for people with nothing better to do with their time to pick on Him. After all, aren't we suppose top look for the best in others!!!

This thread was started by an admitted Clay cray person and was intended to be a light-hearted thread where even people that liked him could say if there was anything that bugged them about him.

The comments have never been mean-spirited as far as I can recall.

I don't see anyone here picking on him.
    Most, if not all of the comments have been minor little issues that people have noticed and nearly all the posts are from Clay fans.
    "That's Numberwang!"

And another thread bites the dust.
    Last edited by fluff; 08-02-2003 at 11:51 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789