+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fanbases - Starting To Bug Me

FORT Fanatic

Fanbases - Starting To Bug Me

And I don't think it's just me.

I'm sorry, but I think that the "fanbases" ruin the show with their dishonest criticism.

I think that people need to be comfortable saying - this person had a bad night. Frankly, no one was very good last night, so I don't see how anyone could've been AMAZING, let alone the certain people I'm referring to.

There are a few groups in particular that just will not admit their favorite Junior was less than perfect. I'm sorry, but come on. Kobe Bryant has tons of fans. But, if he is found guilty of rape, do you think everyone is going to rave about what a great person he is. No.

No one is perfect, and it's not fair to give people these ridiculous reputations.

One fanbase I am proud of is the AJ fanbase. While I don't see what they find appealing about the kid, at least they're not as over-the-top in their praise now that he's had two off nights.

You can be fans of someone and only vote for them. But, be willing to admit when they do poorly.

PoRtOmAnOwAr
    Nice analogy there with Kobe.

PoRtOmAnOwAr
    Haha

FORT Fanatic
    Actually, it may be a little bit of a stretch, but I hope people understand the point of what I'm trying to say.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar

I'm sorry, but I think that the "fanbases" ruin the show with their dishonest criticism.

I think that people need to be comfortable saying - this person had a bad night. Frankly, no one was very good last night, so I don't see how anyone could've been AMAZING, let alone the certain people I'm referring to.

There are a few groups in particular that just will not admit their favorite Junior was less than perfect. I'm sorry, but come on. Kobe Bryant has tons of fans. But, if he is found guilty of rape, do you think everyone is going to rave about what a great person he is. No.

No one is perfect, and it's not fair to give people these ridiculous reputations.

One fanbase I am proud of is the AJ fanbase. While I don't see what they find appealing about the kid, at least they're not as over-the-top in their praise now that he's had two off nights.

You can be fans of someone and only vote for them. But, be willing to admit when they do poorly.

Amazing post.

Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeah
    Frankly, no one was very good last night, so I don't see how anyone could've been AMAZING, let alone the certain people I'm referring to.
    In *your* opinion. Singing and performing is an art, and each piece of art affects different people in different ways. Just because you don't think anyone was very good, doesn't mean that everyone else agrees. While you may think your opinion is the right one, you're no more objective an observer than anyone else on these boards.

As I said - maybe some people *don't* think that certain contestants did poorly. If you have such a problem with people being die-hard fans of a certain child on a television talent show, maybe you should get off the boards for awhile and go relax.

PoRtOmAnOwAr
    Actually, it may be a little bit of a stretch, but I hope people understand the point of what I'm trying to say.
    It is a stretch

FORT Regular
    Great post YeahYeah, I can totally see where you're coming from but to be completely honest I'm not sure how many will agree. I mean, say someone is a die hard Chantel fan and she has a horrible night but say Jordan has an awesome performance; do you really think that that person's going to vote for Jordan? This is just an inference on my part so I would like to hear what you think.
    Do the right thing, vote for Danielle!!!!

PoRtOmAnOwAr

I don't think it ruins the show....criticism on this board doesn't have any play in the outcome of the show. If people want to give an opinion based on how much they like someone, so be it...it's their perogative.

FORT Fanatic
    Oh gosh. Why do I see irony in one of these posts?

Considering I was pulling for Chantel from the start, contrary to popular belief, seeing her have a horrible, horirble night, has completely changed the way I view things.

Great post yeahyeah.
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast