+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fanbases - Starting To Bug Me

YeahYeah, you're right about people should admit if
    the person they like did horribly, but if they don't think that they perform horribly, well, everybody has their own opinions, you can't control everybody.

Basically, the fanbase's startin to bug me too. It seems to me like Jordan/Danielle doesn't have enough fanbase.

FORT Fan
    Excellent Post Yeah Yeah !! Yipppeee...finally someone who is thinking around here LOL..

what I really find annoying is when fans jump into other threads and disrupt it with stupid stuff about their favorite...

instead of adding something to a discussion or debate we have to wade thru posts that say things like "vote for so and so ..they need to be in the group"..

I also HATE how people on these boards will say "I know them" or "I met them they live near me" and think that we should really care LOL>>

I am sure if my niece was on the show i might feel different...but I dont like when the actual "friends and family" of the kids butt in and "rally" for them..

No ones mind actually changes anyhow LOL>>
    and it disrupts interesting posts that deal with other stuff...ie, rating a nites performances, or speculation about the contract/cd/group or whatever

Thanks Yeah Yeah...

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeah
    And I don't think it's just me.

I'm sorry, but I think that the "fanbases" ruin the show with their dishonest criticism.

I think that people need to be comfortable saying - this person had a bad night. Frankly, no one was very good last night, so I don't see how anyone could've been AMAZING, let alone the certain people I'm referring to.

There are a few groups in particular that just will not admit their favorite Junior was less than perfect. I'm sorry, but come on. Kobe Bryant has tons of fans. But, if he is found guilty of rape, do you think everyone is going to rave about what a great person he is. No.

No one is perfect, and it's not fair to give people these ridiculous reputations.

One fanbase I am proud of is the AJ fanbase. While I don't see what they find appealing about the kid, at least they're not as over-the-top in their praise now that he's had two off nights.

You can be fans of someone and only vote for them. But, be willing to admit when they do poorly.
    Good post.

But I don't think the fanbases are ruining the show...I think they are only ruining this message board LOL. It's incredibly annoying for me to see people who beg others to vote for their favorite contestant in every thread...people are going to vote for who they like, you aren't going to convince anyone to vote for your favorite by begging them on a message board.

From a non-message board perspective, fanbases are good for the show...because they are ultimately the people who will follow these performers' careers and purchase their CDs. IMO, there are not enough truly "fanatical" fans of this show to make this group's music career a huge success.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days
    Great post YeahYeah, I can totally see where you're coming from but to be completely honest I'm not sure how many will agree. I mean, say someone is a die hard Chantel fan and she has a horrible night but say Jordan has an awesome performance; do you really think that that person's going to vote for Jordan? This is just an inference on my part so I would like to hear what you think.
    Happy Days, I agree. A "die hard Chantel fan" will vote for her even if Jordan does better than her in any given week. Lots of people have made up their mind already no matter what happens. Early on, I can see people changing sides, but now about half way through this competition, people have made up their minds, most Chantel die hard fans anyways.

For those who don't agree, it's like your friend plays for lets say Team A, and they play Team B. Even though you've seen Team B, and they are better than Team A, you'll still root for Team A to somehow pull off the win in the end.

Well...my current favorites have been Danielle and Jordan and Wooeeeee!! did they ever stink it up last night. Now I know why Danielle rarely sings anything but ballads and Jordan rarely sings anything but upbeat tunes.
    My Boyfriend (who has been pulling for Danielle) said he was actually embarrassed for her and said "OMG..the girl can't dance". Ok, well she keeps time to the music at least, but she hasn't got the moves and she doesn't look fluid and natural. She seemed really stiff and nervous. I think she's a "formula" dancer...in other words, she can mimick exactly what she's taught but doesn't add her own style and doesn't have her own natural moves. I know many will disagree and that's fine, but Tori, Taylor and Jordan can dance her under the table in my opinion.

Jordan's singing almost gave me a nosebleed last night. EEK! And I've really enjoyed every other performance she gave.

BUT...having said all that, I honestly don't know what's happened to this group of juniors, but with the exception of Lucy last night, I thought they were all less than impressive. I was quite disappointed actually

However, I still say that it doesn't matter if your "favorite" junior has an "off" night. You should STILL vote for them if you have enjoyed their overall performances during the last several weeks. After all, everyone has an off night and I don't see the point in flip-flopping votes on a week by week basis.

Sure, Chauncey had a great performance 2 weeks ago, but would I vote for him on that basis? No. Because overall he just hasn't been consistent or impressive to me. He has a HUGE fan base (I'm not sure why exactly...but he gets tons of votes), but that doesn't sway me. I am also not swayed by the judges comments. I think you should just vote for the person who you would really enjoy seeing in the group

PoRtOmAnOwAr
    Quote Originally Posted by yahright
    Happy Days, I agree. A "die hard Chantel fan" will vote for her even if Jordan does better than her in any given week. Lots of people have made up their mind already no matter what happens. Early on, I can see people changing sides, but now about half way through this competition, people have made up their minds, most Chantel die hard fans anyways.

For those who don't agree, it's like your friend plays for lets say Team A, and they play Team B. Even though you've seen Team B, and they are better than Team A, you'll still root for Team A to somehow pull off the win in the end.
    Another bad analogy, man. So you are saying to never root for the underdog? Good points just chill with the analogies.

Quote Originally Posted by PoRtOmAnOwAr
    Another bad analogy, man. So you are saying to never root for the underdog? Good points just chill with the analogies.
    I never said or meant "to never root for the underdog." I said most people(whether you refer them as the favorite or the underdog) will root for who they like, not who did the best. And I'm not talking about a fan, I'm talking about the "Die Hard Fans."

I'll try to make a clearer analogy. Die hard fans have a favorite team, lets say in football, and whether that team is good, bad, having a great season or bad one, the die hard fans will root for them, despite it all. And every Junior has these groups of die hard fans that will want them to win no matter if they did good or bad in a particular week.
    Last edited by yahright; 07-24-2003 at 03:51 AM.

FORT Newbie
    Good post...However, I can't totally agree. Some people like different types of music. I am into pop and country. Now, does that make rap any less great? No. But, I respect it. I may not like it but it doesn't mean it's bad music.
    So, with that said, I will disagree with you on the case of Danielle. She has been awesome every week, including "Locomotion." She was creative with the song. But, I DO AGREE with you on Jordan. She has not been the best and rarely has cracked a TOP 5 on Tuesday nights. I do think she has gets more criticism than she deserves. Her "SWAK" song was decent...not great, not bad. However, Gladys Knight chewed her up and the fanbases were lost. So, in one respect, I agree. But, Danielle is still the best in my mind. I will admit when she is bad...she hasn't been bad yet. Thanks

FORT Fan
    YOu know what else I hate about these fans of american junior >? the many stupid threads they start..."what do you think if" blah blah..."what if aliens came down what song would they sing"..
    "if elvis was alive who would he pick"...those might as well be the next stupid threads...
    these kids need to learn how to look at other threads and post their comments there..rather than starting soooo many new dumb threads...look at the other boards here..not near as many threads...JMO

Fanbases annoy me too. People know who they are going to vote for before they even see the show. That isnt right. You sould vote for who you think is the best.

Ok i am a bit of a hypicrite (sp?). I would know who i was going to vote for before i saw the show i.e dannielle and Julia from AI2, but i have realized that that isn't right so I'm not going to do that anymore.

I still have my favorites (danielle), but if i dont think that she is the best i dont vote for her. It is as simple as that. I hope people start to realize the same thing

This post might not make sense, but i tried.
    Last edited by jfs556; 07-24-2003 at 08:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12