+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spoiler Thread for Tonights show

It's sensei time! Masai & Pygmie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by happyblue
    Bah. I guess that's the trade off of having such a diverse set of singers. You're not going to like a lot of them but only a few. I personally applaud Canada's choices. The top 10 won't be the same ole same ole bunch of mainstream poptarts.

Remember Siso - it's vote for your favorite - not the best performance, just like AI. The judges will pick the best 'performers' (not just from next week, but I think what they have seen throughout the trials from those wildcards) and in the long run - these, IMO, will outperform the blaise, "picked as favorites". Hopefully the voters will make a fair choice in the long run. I suggest a balance of uniqueness, vocal wow and performance - the x-factor will be how each may grow their ability to wow the audience and judges through each round.

I could be wrong - the tone may be set on the first eliminator.
    "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." -- Henry David Thoreau

It's sensei time! Masai & Pygmie's Avatar
    Hey, what did people think about the surprise appearance of the AI tour group. I hear the shows doin' well - "only in T.O. Canada you say...pity"

Kim C looked bad (tired), Julia looks pregnant and Ruben and Charles looked stunned. Great vocals from Ruben though - I'm sure the contestants and judges were in awe.
    Last edited by Masai & Pygmie; 07-23-2003 at 08:45 AM.
    "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." -- Henry David Thoreau

Bah. I guess that's the trade off of having such a diverse set of singers. You're not going to like a lot of them but only a few. I personally applaud Canada's choices. The top 10 won't be the same ole same ole bunch of mainstream poptarts.
    ITA!!!!!
    I'm so excited to see all the different types do themes. Dont wanna see sappy balads over and over and over!

I'll agree with you (Siso) on one thing: I don't think anyone on Canadian Idol can compare to the voices of the Big 3 on American Idol. They were so on their game last night. They only CI contestants that could out-sing the big 3 in my mind are Nicole and maybe Toya. Ruben, Clay and K-Lo are really exceptional talents, which kinda sucks because I doubt they'll be given the proper recording material to match the greatness of their talents. Ruben's Flying Without Wings is just awful and Clay's original song was so bad the night it debuted even the judges complained about it.

It's weird that I'm even watching this show because I know won't buy the CI winner's CD. I guess it's fun to watch the process of a star in the making. And the "reality" aspect of it (the drama of real people competing in a game). But we know that the output (music) of the eventual winner is gonna suck. That's why I won't get too upset if one of my favourites don't get in. I just watch the show for what it is: addictive reality TV.

I've smoked Cat Nip...... Leviathan's Avatar
    Well - time to blow my own horn (and if I could really do that, I'd never leave the house).

I picked the winners again this week (see the 07/21 discussion thread). I said........"So, in closing - I'll go with Karen-Lee, Toya (and her sense of humor), Sherry and Audrey in the top 4 - with perhaps Gary sneaking in over Toya or Sherry because Canada is all confused by this whole "over-singing" crap (how come I didn't hear the "over-singing" comment that much on AI???)......"

I got Karen-Lee right. I got Audrey right and I even got the Gary Beals knocking out Toya or Sherry thing right. I didn't see the Tyler Done thing coming at all. The "over-singing" crap leaves out two more great singers (Toya and Sherry). Hopefully thay can redeam themselves in the judges eyes in the Wildcard show.

One question though.....no Kelly-Ann (another "over-singer" - but amazingly talented) in the Wildcard????? Yet Tyler and Sharon are there?? OH MY!!!!

Leviathan

I'll give you credit on Gary Beals over Toya. I didn't see that coming. But I also thought Audrey and Karen-Lee were shoo ins. I don't think anyone saw Tyler Done sneaking in there, which is leading me to think that hometown/province voting-blocs are a playing a huge role in all this.

I've smoked Cat Nip...... Leviathan's Avatar
    Yuppers!

Leviathan

I'll give you credit on Gary Beals over Toya. I didn't see that coming. But I also thought Audrey and Karen-Lee were shoo ins. I don't think anyone saw Tyler Done sneaking in there, which is leading me to think that hometown/province voting-blocs are a playing a huge role in all this.
    I think London, Ont might have voted heavily for Tyler but I doubt the province of Ontario as a whole went with him. Yvette was originally from Windsor so she should have had support there and Toya was from the Toronto area. Ryan was from Kingston so eastern Ontario should have been solidly behind him.

I think Tyler's appeal is to those who like the boy band look & sound (& there are significant numbers of those people in Canada - look at the Mikey Bustos bandwagon). It will be interesting in the wild card, now that it's been announced officially that Canada can once again vote for their favourite. Will Tyler gain the boy band vote or will Marc DeVigne? Will they split it? How will true talents like Andrew, Toya, & Sharon (I think she's great) fare? It will be eye-opening I think.

cho
    FORT Regular
    Tyler didn't really recieve much attention in London... He was in the paper (usually the back of the entertainment section) a few times and on the radio once or twice, but that was it. I think other people have mentioned Idols on front pages of the paper - which you would think would draw more attention - and therefore votes to that contestent.

Quote Originally Posted by IdolCanadien
    I think Tyler's appeal is to those who like the boy band look & sound (& there are significant numbers of those people in Canada - look at the Mikey Bustos bandwagon). It will be interesting in the wild card, now that it's been announced officially that Canada can once again vote for their favourite. Will Tyler gain the boy band vote or will Marc DeVigne? Will they split it? How will true talents like Andrew, Toya, & Sharon (I think she's great) fare? It will be eye-opening I think.
    That would be the logical explanation of Tyler's 4th place finish, I guess. But you'd think Canada would be above the boyband appeal especially after voting in Jenny. Guess I'll chalk it up to lack of support for Toya, Sherry and Sharon. Possibly the voters who vote based on the actual performance were split among these three, reducing their chances to pull away from the pack. Their onscreen personalities weren't exactly appealing either. So some opted to go for the safer, nicer personalities of Karen and Gary.
    Last edited by happyblue; 07-24-2003 at 12:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast