+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spoiler Thread for Tonights show

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyDancer
    I feel bad now. Should of given my Ryan votes to Toya.LOL
    Does anyone know for sure if it's the judges who pick the wildcard winner or does the public get to vote again?????
    The plan is that the judges make the decision.

Thanks! My fingers need the rest anyways!!LOL

So the judges make the decision on the wildcard choice? That's great news. I don't think I trust Canada anymore after tonight's results show.

FORT Fogey
    I really can't stand the show anymore, i had high hopes, but i guess i'm just one person, but i think there are other's out there that will agree with me, the people who are getting through aren't the BEST singers. That's what i look for is talent, singing ability. Billy is just not my thing, i cannot stand his voice whatsoever. Mikey was horrible in his performance, yet his blinded fan base still voted for him, there were other's who deserved to be there instead imo. Candida, one of the, if not the only competitor i enjoy. Jenny and Richie, are again just not my thing, neither sings songs or styles i enjoy. Tyler, one of the great performers. Bravo Audrey! you deserved it. Karen-Lee and Gary were no where near what Toya or Sherry can do.

3 competitors out of 9 that i like, that's not a good thing. On AI i like everyone, everyone could sing and i could see myself buying each of there C.D's, that's just not the case with CI.

In the end my tastes are more similar to AI audience, i'll continue to watch CI to support my three favorite contestants but that's it. I really honestly don't care who wins anymore. I can't wait till AI3 comes on.

I just want to say this is my opinion, i know everyone has different tastes, but CI has just left a bad taste in my mouth.
    Last edited by Siso; 07-22-2003 at 09:38 PM.

Andrew - I felt really badly for him after week 1. He was one of the few on the show that night that could actually sing. I hope he picks a song that really showcases his sweet soulful voice.

Marc - I doubt he'll be in the money but who knows I've been wrong every week.

Kevin Murdock - A wonderful voice but still not proven. The judges must have really loved him to bring him back so he could be a surprise.

Sherry - I thought she was horrible last night but I really liked her during the audition segment. I guess it will depend on her song choice on whether or not she can make it.

Tyler - Nice looking and a nice voice but God we've got more than enough nice already. I certainly hope not (but I thought that before tonight's show too).

Toya - I would have put her on a chair between Audrey & Karen-Lee but there doesn't seem to be much preference for black female singers in this competition. A damn shame.

Sharon - I enjoy her and thought she might have had a chance to make it to the Top 4 (or even 3) tonight. Zack doesn't think much of her and that might hurt her chances at the Wild Card.

Ryan - Distinctive and different. Much more talented than Tyler Done but obviously not a fan favourite so I doubt it.

I'm still not sure if the public votes next week or the judges pick. I thought the judges' pick was Kevin and next week Canada votes for the wild card. The official site says " The judges will now add a sprinkle of wildcards on Monday, July 28 at 8:00pm ET " Stil unclear to me what's gonna happen.

I sort of feel relieved that for the next show I don't have the job of trying to choose one person I like best. There's a few people I'm rooting for. I liked Andrew from the beginning. Faith from group 1 was pretty good. I also think Marc Devigne has potential, though he didn't quite shine in the group 2 performance.

I really can't stand the show anymore, i had high hopes, but i guess i'm just one person, but i think there are other's out there that will agree with me, the people who are getting through aren't the BEST singers. That's what i look for is talent, singing ability. Billy is just not my thing, i cannot stand his voice whatsoever. Mikey was horrible in his performance, yet his blinded fan base still voted for him, there were other's who deserved to be there instead imo. Candida, one of the, if not the only competitor i enjoy. Jenny and Richie, are again just not my thing, neither sings songs or styles i enjoy. Tyler, one of the great performers. Bravo Audrey! you deserved it. Karen-Lee and Gary were no where near what Toya or Sherry can do.
    LOL.

I think it's all about presentation. You have a likeable onscreen personality and decent stage presence and voice? you're in.

Look at the finalists:

Group 1
    - Billy, Mikey, Candida - all honest/nice guy personalities. Nothing inoffensive.

Group 2
    - Jenny and Richie - very odd but very sweet
    - Tyler - nice guy but probably the only one who got voted in based on performance

Group 3
    - Karen-Lee - "Angelic"
    - Gary - came off as a totally nice guy even with cornrows in his hair.
    - Audrey - queen of sweetness
    - Tyler - weak voice but sweet

Compare it to the rejectees:
    - Toya - way too aggressive and intimidating
    - Sherry - aggressively tried to kiss Ben
    - Sharon - personality too forced
    - Nicole - quiet, shy, too bland
    - Andrew - same as Nicole
    - Kelly-Ann - show off
    - Marc - good looking but bland
    - Joni - can't remember her... bland
    - Faith - sweet but Jenny stood out more
    Last edited by happyblue; 07-22-2003 at 10:24 PM.

cho
    FORT Regular
    I voted for Tyler, although mainly because I know him and would really like him to move on. But I thought he sang really well as did the judges (except for Zach).
    I also loved Karen Lee and Audrey last night and they were my other two picks to move on. I was pretty happy with the top 4 - but I guess I enjoy a different style than most of you because I strongly disliked Sherry and Toya's performances...

I really liked the American Idols visit too, that was nice to see! I wish I could have gone to the concert

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by happyblue
    LOL.

I think it's all about presentation. You have a likeable onscreen personality and decent stage presence and voice? you're in.

Look at the finalists:

Group 1
    - Billy, Mikey, Candida - all honest/nice guy personalities. Nothing inoffensive.

Group 2
    - Jenny and Richie - very odd but very sweet
    - Tyler - nice guy but probably the only one who got voted in based on performance

Group 3
    - Karen-Lee - "Angelic"
    - Gary - came off as a totally nice guy even with cornrows in his hair.
    - Audrey - queen of sweetness
    - Tyler - weak voice but sweet

Compare it to the rejectees:
    - Toya - way too aggressive and intimidating
    - Sherry - aggressively tried to kiss Ben
    - Sharon - personality too forced
    - Nicole - quiet, shy, too bland
    - Andrew - same as Nicole
    - Kelly-Ann - show off
    - Marc - good looking but bland
    - Joni - can't remember her... bland
    - Faith - sweet but Jenny stood out more
    I honestly don't know what Canada is basing there votes on, but i know it's not singing ability.

Bah. I guess that's the trade off of having such a diverse set of singers. You're not going to like a lot of them but only a few. I personally applaud Canada's choices. The top 10 won't be the same ole same ole bunch of mainstream poptarts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast