+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ratings Sources?

Ratings Sources?

I hear people saying the ratings have really gone down, can someone tell me what source you're getting this info from? How much has it gone down, I'd like to know? anyone with any stats?

I don't know any place where you can look at all the statistics for the show, but you can see the daily ratings at Zap2it (click on daily near the top).

http://www.zap2it.com/television/news/ratings/networks

They also have weekly ratings, but only for the top 20 shows, so of course, not AJ. Nielsen research is only available by subscription, which the news agencies get, and then they sometimes write a story about it. You may be able to find some of those stories about AJ at SirLinksaLot

Zippys, thanks. You sound like you got a lot of smarts when it comes to tv and entertainment genre. You got experience in it or are you just a big fan that analyzes these stuff for fun like I do??

FORT Fan
    HI..zap plus allyourtv.com have ratings...right now allyourtv is a month behind for the lower ones..but they also have last seasons ratings..you can spot "trends"..
    also readin other tv articles and media sites..
    for instance, now big brother is on ?? It is clobbering Juniors on tues nite...

also articles like the NY times one that John posted...

I used to sell newspaper advertising and I work in marketing now..different but similar *smaller scale LOL>> but I have a "feel" for media trends...and so far juniors is NOT looking good..

a prime example is how they cut it for the all star game rather than "moving" it..and how they plan to do the same for the aug 6 show..preempt it for the Teen Choice awards...any HIT show would be given a prime spot, moved, whatever to get the most of it...

Finally the voting..even with multiple voting and lines opened for 2 hours, on the first and presumably heaviest nite of voting, they got only 3million votes...not 3 million viewers...LOL>>
    this was shown in article from danielle hometown available thru sir links..

last season they were getting 10 million votes on reg show...12 million...18 million for finale..

Idol2 was getting 20 million votes per show..
    while they knew it wouldnt be the hit that Idol was, they didnt expect it to be such a stinker..

to put the ratings in perspective...in middle of june there were approx 2andhalf million people watching juniors..that number has no doubt fallen now...

last winter 19 entertainment had a show all american girl...it was doing bad...2 million viewers...they "pulled the plug" on it at abc, rushed the ending in one quick finale and showed it on their "abc family channel" rather than prime time..

Yes....ratings are slow in summer..but NO juniors is NOT doing good...big brother is a big factor in its further slide JMO

Quote Originally Posted by yahright
    Zippys, thanks. You sound like you got a lot of smarts when it comes to tv and entertainment genre. You got experience in it or are you just a big fan that analyzes these stuff for fun like I do??
    I'm just a fan who's hung around the FORT boards long enough to pick up stuff from better-informed people than myself. I've learned a lot from John

+ Reply to Thread