+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm Tired Of The Misconception With Voting

FORT Fanatic

I'm Tired Of The Misconception With Voting

I'm really starting to get annoyed with how people are saying they won't vote for certain people because they're "better off alone" or "not suited for a group".

The goal of this, as I thought, was to pick based on talent.

If you were supposed to pick the best group, you'd vote for all five at once. That's not the case.

You have to assume that the producers behind the group KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING. If you have five talented voices, I'm sorry, but any idiot can figure out a way to make them come off well as a group. I really hope people don't have the attitude, well since two little girls are in right now, I can only vote for Chauncey, Jordan, and Danielle. That's deliberately screwing talented kids who took the time to practice, audition, and prepare for every week's performance.

And, anyone there can be manipulated into a group member. Lucy's not the greatest dancer, but why couldn't she be the lead singer of the group, with the other four backing her up. Or, she could sing 2/3 verses, and then let someone else do a short verse, keeping her dancing to a minimal.

If anything, the only person who's shown that they may not be cut out for THIS group is Danielle, because she has not shown any showmanship skills at all, and hasn't come across as a pop-singer, but believe me, I'm voting for talent. If she had the song of the night - I'd vote for her.

We have to remember, don't base it off one night. That's why I was upset when Chauncey was almost in, sure, he was dazzling, but the name of the game is consistency.

FORT Fanatic
    Danielle has shown enough VOCAL talent to earn a vote if she has a killer one-night performance. But, to me, she's always been a #2 or 3 of the night, never the best.

And, the thing with Chauncey, he has shown he has consistent vocal talent. He WAS a little off two weeks ago, but you could see it was just that he was having trouble with the song. But, he's consistent enough where I think he has enough talent to be in the group; although, again, he hasn't had the killer performance he would need to get my vote.

I agree, Danielle has always been at very worst top 5, but in a bnd not everyone has to be killer every night. In the same regard, not everyone can have an off day either. The killer songs great, but Danielle definately deserves to be there. I agree.

FORT Fanatic
    Danielle has been great, but she really hasn't shown why she should be in a music group, instead of a broadway performer or radio jingle performer.

But, as I said, just because she might not seem "great in a group" doesn't mean I'm not going to vote for her, if I feel she deserves to be voted. She's shown enough consistency that if she has the performance of the night in the next three weeks, she'll be getting votes from me.

FORT Regular
    All I have to say about this is that Danielle IMO is the most consistent of all the performers and she gets my vote...

danielle....Danielle....DANIEL LE

Snellville... hometown of music's next big superstar.
    Do you guys really think that Tori and Taylor really had the number one performances those nights? I sure don't.
    YDiana DeGarmo One VoiceY

She dreamed... the impossible dream. She fought the unbeatable foe.
    She's still standing better than she ever did...

This is it! This time I know it's for real.

MY AMERICAN IDOL
    Did you think this fool could never win? Look at her, she's coming back again!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeah
    I'm really starting to get annoyed with how people are saying they won't vote for certain people because they're "better off alone" or "not suited for a group".

The goal of this, as I thought, was to pick based on talent.

If you were supposed to pick the best group, you'd vote for all five at once. That's not the case.

You have to assume that the producers behind the group KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING. If you have five talented voices, I'm sorry, but any idiot can figure out a way to make them come off well as a group. I really hope people don't have the attitude, well since two little girls are in right now, I can only vote for Chauncey, Jordan, and Danielle. That's deliberately screwing talented kids who took the time to practice, audition, and prepare for every week's performance.

And, anyone there can be manipulated into a group member. Lucy's not the greatest dancer, but why couldn't she be the lead singer of the group, with the other four backing her up. Or, she could sing 2/3 verses, and then let someone else do a short verse, keeping her dancing to a minimal.

If anything, the only person who's shown that they may not be cut out for THIS group is Danielle, because she has not shown any showmanship skills at all, and hasn't come across as a pop-singer, but believe me, I'm voting for talent. If she had the song of the night - I'd vote for her.
    I do agree that you should vote for the talent.

But I think you have missed the mark in your judgement of Danielle. I don't care for repeating myself, so please read what I wrote in the "Danielle White" thread about Danielle's voice and stage presence.

I'm not making comparisons, but remember when Simon critiqued Clay Aiken as being better suited for Broadway...look at how that turned out. Danielle doesn't have the typical pop voice...but she doesn't have the typical theatrical voice either. I think she just has a very unique voice, and she has a tone that no singer has had since the '70s...Debbie Gibson was right on point with the Karen Carpenter comparison (and Karen Carpenter is one of my favorite singers of all time, and I am very hesitant to to compare anyone to her).

And I would like to add that Danielle and Chauncey were the two best last week- they were the only two who gave flawless performances. As many know, I believe Lucy and Chantel to be the two best singers...but I found their performances flawed and not deserving of a vote. Name one thing that Danielle or Chauncey did wrong last week. If you can, I'll let you slide with saying Danielle or Chauncey isn't good enough.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth

But I think you have missed the mark in your judgement of Danielle. I don't care for repeating myself, so please read what I wrote in the "Danielle White" thread about Danielle's voice and stage presence.

I'm not making comparisons, but remember when Simon critiqued Clay Aiken as being better suited for Broadway...look at how that turned out. Danielle doesn't have the typical pop voice...but she doesn't have the typical theatrical voice either. I think she just has a very unique voice, and she has a tone that no singer has had since the '70s...Debbie Gibson was right on point with the Karen Carpenter comparison (and Karen Carpenter is one of my favorite singers of all time, and I am very hesitant to to compare anyone to her).

And I would like to add that Danielle and Chauncey were the two best last week- they were the only two who gave flawless performances. As many know, I believe Lucy and Chantel to be the two best singers...but I found their performances flawed and not deserving of a vote. Name one thing that Danielle or Chauncey did wrong last week. If you can, I'll let you slide with saying Danielle or Chauncey isn't good enough.
    I TOTALLY AGREE

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth

I'm not making comparisons, but remember when Simon critiqued Clay Aiken as being better suited for Broadway...look at how that turned out. Danielle doesn't have the typical pop voice...but she doesn't have the typical theatrical voice either.
    I agree with you there, she doesn't really have a typical theater voice, don't get me wrong I love theater, but when people think of theatrical voices many times they (or at least I) think of oversinging, which is something that Danielle certainly does not do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast