+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fox Wanted Lucy Over Chantel & Got Screwed

FORT Fanatic

Fox Wanted Lucy Over Chantel & Got Screwed

- I think we all know that FOX is expecting one of the older girls (Katelyn, Chantel, Lucy) to get voted in. Up until last week, I think it was clear FOX was pushing for Chantel to get in - her judging comments were always VERY overrated, and you could tell by the commercial promotions & close-ups of her emotional father that FOX wanted her.

However, I honestly think after "I'm Gonna Make You Love Me", FOX changed to being behind Lucy. I say this because Lucy was conspicuously out of "reverse order", as she went last. Before last night, everyone who went last got a lot of votes.

I also know that they lost confidence in Chantel because the judge comments went from being ridiculous overrated; to being a tad harsh.

Not sure who they'll favor next week; as Lucy didn't get in even with a killer performance & the "prime last spot".

Purported Perpetrator loincloth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeah
    - I think we all know that FOX is expecting one of the older girls (Katelyn, Chantel, Lucy) to get voted in. Up until last week, I think it was clear FOX was pushing for Chantel to get in - her judging comments were always VERY overrated, and you could tell by the commercial promotions & close-ups of her emotional father that FOX wanted her.

However, I honestly think after "I'm Gonna Make You Love Me", FOX changed to being behind Lucy. I say this because Lucy was conspicuously out of "reverse order", as she went last. Before last night, everyone who went last got a lot of votes.

I also know that they lost confidence in Chantel because the judge comments went from being ridiculous overrated; to being a tad harsh.

Not sure who they'll favor next week; as Lucy didn't get in even with a killer performance & the "prime last spot".

HUH?

Snellville... hometown of music's next big superstar.
    Yeah and Gladys said to Lucy about how the group is going to need someone who cuts (she told chantel the same) but she said to Lucy, "And I think you're going to be it"
    YDiana DeGarmo One VoiceY

She dreamed... the impossible dream. She fought the unbeatable foe.
    She's still standing better than she ever did...

This is it! This time I know it's for real.

MY AMERICAN IDOL
    Did you think this fool could never win? Look at her, she's coming back again!

FORT Fan

Okay...please no more conspiracy posts or trying to spread rumors of a fix.

Fox doesn't care who gets in this group...only 19E does.

And if you watched AI, they switch up the order each week...has nothing to do with who got the most votes.

Judges comments for Chantel have always been on point. When she gave her first two knockout performances, she was fairly praised. Then, when she slipped, the judges pointed that out.

FORT Fanatic
    Her first two performances were not "knockout". They were nice, but nothing too spectacular.

And, no, this isn't a conspiracy post. It's fact. The order for almost everyone was reversed, EXCEPT for Lucy. That right there says something.

FORT Fan
    Her first two performances were not "knockout". They were nice, but nothing too spectacular.

And, no, this isn't a conspiracy post. It's fact. The order for almost everyone was reversed, EXCEPT for Lucy. That right there says something.
    Okay...this is the last time I'm going to address this issue...because what you are saying is making no sense...

There are 9 performers. Not everyone is going to have a completely different order of performance...and you are implying that people are dumb enough to vote for a performer simply because they sing last. If you really want to prove this to us, go look up the order of AI performances and see if every performer ALWAYS performed in basically reverse order from the previous week.

Say what you want about Chantel's performances...the consensus agrees with the judges.

FORT Fan
    Some people have way too much free time... Who cares about the order?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth
    Not everyone is going to have a completely different order of performance...and you are implying that people are dumb enough to vote for a performer simply because they sing last.
    Believe it or not, their are a lot of dumb people out there.

FORT Fanatic
    Um..let me look at the show logo. Does it say American Idol? No.

Let's analyze this:

Katelyn goes last with a lackluster "Ain't No Mountain" performance - gets in.

Tori goes last the next week - gets in w/ most votes.

Taylor goes last in the first week of finals - gets in (obviously got most votes).

I'm not saying people are tempted to vote for the person just because they go last. What I'm saying is that mentally, you're going to most remember the one that went last. Therefore, if FOX wants to give someone a little rub going in, they can stick them in that spot which has been productive.

Believe what you want; but FOX was very impressed with Lucy two weeks ago; and gave her a prime spot last week. I'm a huge Lucy fan and am glad she got the credit, but don't insult anyone's intelligence by saying there's no marketing there.

FORT Fanatic
    Just because your favorite doesn't make it to the group, doesn't mean you need to start speculating that something "fishy" is going on. Geez, some people do have too much time on their hands.

And Gladys said something postive to everyone, even Chantel.
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast