+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fox Wanted Lucy Over Chantel & Got Screwed

Quote Originally Posted by Dani321
    Well, I suppose you have your opinion, and I have mine. With the number of reality shows Fox has done and will do, I still highly doubt screwing up American Juniors is high ranking on their list. I still think they could care less.
    judging from past fox reality shows, they have no shame in promoting their shows and gaining ratings. example? the sarah/joe blowjob/kissing scene with the captions in joe millionaire...was that really necessary? the paradise hotel commercials in AJ are quite interesting too. how about simon picking carmen in wild card show in AI2? don't tell me that wasn't forced on him by fox. he was basically grimacing as he picked her.

FORT Fan
    Well, I suppose you have your opinion, and I have mine. With the number of reality shows Fox has done and will do, I still highly doubt screwing up American Juniors is high ranking on their list. I still think they could care less. Rumors will be rumors, and simply that. We'll never know the truth, because there will be no behind the scenes movie or book to tell you.
    \

I think Fox would screw up any show for ratings, to be quite honest.

FORT Fanatic
    I don't think, of all people, Simon Cowell was influenced by Fox. If anything, it was the other way around.

And a reality TV show with a really ugly man can't really be compared to 10 kids singing in my book

I'm sorry, but I'm just not naive enough to believe things on TV are done just for ratings. That's taking the easy way out, believing "nothing is real, so why should it matter?" I don't believe that. If that were the case, the first reality-based tv shows would be fake too. Heck, Jeopardy is fake if that were the case!

Esp. when the ratings aren't that good anyways, and the show is mid-way finished. Sorry.
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

I don't think, of all people, Simon Cowell was influenced by Fox. If anything, it was the other way around.
    do you really think simon wanted to pick carmen? if you do, you're dillusional.

oh and about joe millionaire, yes i can compare because you generalized past fox reality shows.

FORT Fanatic
    You'd be shocked to know Carmen had fans (don't look at me!)...so yes, I do think Simon wanted to pick her. He was pulling for the underdog. He just picked the wrong one.

And if you want to compare Joe Millionaire, that as a really stupid show, and I saw one episode, the last. So I can't even comment on that. Do I think they purposely had that scene? No, I believe the man was a nasty man to begin with. Fox just followed them around and used them to increase their ratings (which I'm not sure were great, who really watched that show?), but did Fox rig the show? Absolutely not. Why would they want to? The idea was already stupid.

That's like saying Fox rigged Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire. That didn't happen either.

If you want to start talking about the fixing of reality TV shows, you have to go way, way back. And when you research this (Dateline has done a special on this) you find out most shows are indeed fixed.

By the contestants. And a bunch of pre-teens don't know enough about rigging a show to work in their favor.

I'll never buy it. Maybe I'm just too old.

FORT Fan
    Okay...I was determined to never post again in this thread...but I have one thing to add...

If Fox has manipulated the results for ratings, that would be implying that they're are "using" Tori and Taylor to boost the ratings. If they really thought that Tori and Taylor were so good for the ratings AND if they had any power to manipulate the results, they would keep Taylor and Tori from getting into the group so early...let them keep performing for another few weeks, then have them be the 4th and 5th member of the group.

FORT Fanatic
    I'm not saying they're rigging or cheating on anything. I'm saying that they have in mind who they want in the group; and will take advantage of their market research to do so.

FORT Fan
    [QUOTE=Dani321]

I'm sorry, but I'm just not naive enough to believe things on TV are done just for ratings. That's taking the easy way out, believing "nothing is real, so why should it matter?" I don't believe that. If that were the case, the first reality-based tv shows would be fake too. Heck, Jeopardy is fake if that were the case!

QUOTE]
    You don't believe that some things on tv are done for ratings?? I don't mean that EVERYTHING on tv is done for ratings but hey some of the things are bound to be done for ratings. Oh well, you will have your opinion and I will have mine.

FORT Fanatic
    I agree TheTruth. But I think they'd have one first and one last, like they announced them in the semi's. "ooh, will Taylor join the group?"

perhaps not fixed but certainly pushed toward a certain direction to increase ratings. ala thompson sisters/carmen

p.s. carmen might have had fans but simon certainly was not one of them if you heard his critique of her performance

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast