+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ok so we've already made two mistakes...

#1 AJ MELENDEZ LOVER!! Aj & clay baby's Avatar
    AJ should get in he is Talented!!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by freebiesite
    I think now that the sister drama is over...they need some GOOD voices to balance out their nasal twangs...

Probably aj, lucy, chantel...stronger voices to hopefully overpower the sisters...

I think Jordon would be a real mistake...sounds too nasal also...this is NOT nashville starlette is it?? JMO
    I wish they would, but I don't think that's the route 19E is taking. Jordan and Danielle sound nasal...they will probably pick one of them to go with AJ and one of the other boys.

FORT Newbie
    I agree with poeticjustice.

FORT Regular
    If I was lucky enough to get to watch Barbra Streisand or Whitney Houston at 11-13 years old I would want to hear Ballads just because their voices qualify them to sing Ballads . I would hate to think that Barbra got her start singing the Barney song or something about cheeseburgers. This competition should have been about finding America's next great singers.

ballads show vocal ability, there is already the group song to show off dancing and "groupability"

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Katelyn&Carmen
    Can Taylor and Tori even sing ballads? If this group is going to be salvaged, then Danielle, Katelyn, and Lucy need to fill these last three spots.
    Exactly, people keep saying that Danielle, Lucy and Chantel can't sing upbeat songs so they can't be in the group, but all three of them have done very well in the group songs which were a lot like the group will be performing. Tori and Taylor have never done a ballad, so it's not really fair. And also a tweenybopper group (not sure which) just covered "I'm gonna make you love me" which Lucy performed once, and well. Chantel's performance of "Stoney End" was not good for her standards, but it wasn't that bad. Taylor and Tori (IMO of course) have only had one good (not great, but good) performance each. Also, while this competition is to find a group, the group isn't going to last very long anyway, it's going to have it's fifteen minutes and be done, so wouldn't those fifteen minutes be better spent if the better singers at least got rewarded? Taylor and Tori don't really make me feel the song and believe it. They are decent singers, but I don't feel like they have any depth, they just stand there and do the performance, but I don't care about it, because I never felt anything. I realize they're young, but if they are supposed to be the best in America, they should at least be able to do that. They seem like nice girls and they are very pretty, cute and charismatic but I don't think they're very talented.

So that's my two cents, sorry if I offended anyone, it's fine if you disagree, but this is just my opinion.
    Last edited by EricaAlexis; 07-17-2003 at 08:34 PM.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaAlexis
    Exactly, people keep saying that Danielle, Lucy and Chantel can't sing upbeat songs so they can't be in the group, but all three of them have done very well in the group songs which were a lot like the group will be performing. Tori and Taylor have never done a ballad, so it's not really fair. And also a tweenybopper group (not sure which) just covered "I'm gonna make you love me" which Lucy performed once, and well. Chantel's performance of "Stoney End" was not good for her standards, but it wasn't that bad. Taylor and Tori (IMO of course) have only had one good (not great, but good) performance each. Also, while this competition is to find a group, the group isn't going to last very long anyway, it's going to have it's fifteen minutes and be done, so wouldn't those fifteen minutes be better spent if the better singers at least got rewarded? Taylor and Tori don't really make me feel the song and believe it. They are decent singers, but I don't feel like they have any depth, they just stand there and do the performance, but I don't care about it, because I never felt anything. I realize they're young, but if they are supposed to be the best in America, they should at least be able to do that. They seem like nice girls and they are very pretty, cute and charismatic but I don't think they're very talented.

So that's my two cents, sorry if I offended anyone, it's fine if you disagree, but this is just my opinion.

I'm giving you a standing O for that post!

You bring up a great point about Tori and Taylor...and I would like to add that by singing up-tempo songs and working on their choreography so much, they have essentially been masking the fact that they are not great singers. They are decent singers...but I doubt either of them can pull off a ballad. They just don't have the depth in their voices yet.

FORT Regular
    Yeah, and if they did sing a ballad everyone would say that it was not age appropriate. The beautifully gifted voices can not shine to their full potential. This show has set the stage for mediocrity.

FORT Fan
    I mean everyone basically knew that the Thompson sisters were probably either going to make it or not going to make it. Once Taylor made it I was almost sure that Tori was no matter how good or bad her performance was. I'm not the biggest fans of the Thompson sisters. I really don't like either of their voices and personally have no clue why they were the first two into the group. I think Danielle, Lucy, and Morgan have been consistent, week after week. Chantel has an awesome voice but is not very consistent. The Thompson sisters both had 1 good performance each, IMO. I think that Tori's last two performances were mediocre. I mean I could have gotten up on stage and performed as well if not better than Tori, although she is only 9 but hey we would be in the same competition. I honestly don't know what American votes on. Whatever it is, it's definitly not performances.
    I think this group won't last very long. The top three this week did not deserve to be there. Chauncey really was the only one with a decent performance that week. Morgan, Danielle, and Lucy really were better, IMO. I probably will not listen to anything that this group comes out with. I don't even think that Danielle and Lucy should make the group because I think that they deserve better than to be in this group but they would not be on this show unless they wanted to be in a group so, hey, I'm going to keep voting for them.
    I guess there is no point really in ranting but oh well. Now the only thing left to do is vote. Vote, vote, vote. I vote. I vote based on performances. That's how people should vote. But they don't. We can't change the past, but we can change the future.
    Since Taylor and Tori are already in the group, I think that American should start voting base on consistency, performance, and vocals. Thats should have been how people voted in the first place but really there is nothing that anyone, including fox, can do about it. They can limit one vote per house but that one vote might be based on favorites.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by loincloth
    If "they" refers to FOX, then YES, he is supposed to say those cheesy lines about the Thompsons.

Sounds like you want noone to express any dissenting views. A vanilla forum. What fun is that? I am sure that the Thompson girls are good kids (somewhere deep inside...hehe...couldn't resist), but I resent being taken along for this seemingly fixed ride. It's especially not fair to the other participants. I don't even think the sisters have the talent to be in the final ten. I'm just expressing my honest opinion. It all seems too neatly packaged. I'm not blind, FOX...

...and I won't be relegated to becoming a sheeple.
    I agree with you loincloth especially the part that it's not fair to the other participants. It seems like this whole group has been planned by the producers from day one!

+ Reply to Thread