+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Talent Over Image...Please!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth
    I doubt they are looking at the "Barney and Sesame Street crowd"...don't worry about that Burger King promo- it was just a cheesy promo spot they do for the show (like those cheesy Ford ads for AI)...I don't think the real songs will be anything like that.

I also think that everyone is underestimating Tori and Taylor...they have both picked some very grown-up songs to sing...and I think that they can handle more mature material (obviously not too mature...but you know what I'm saying). I really think this group should go in the direction of a young teen group...I'm not even sure young children would want to hear a "kid group."
    Yah, i think you're right. Can't help but get caught off guard from that Burger King cheesy commercial. Once Katelyn or Chantal or Lucy get into the group, if they do i mean, I don't think they'll pull that cheesy stuff anymore. With only Tori and Taylor in the group as of now, they might pull another cheesy video off again though.

If you see Chauncey, Jordan and Danielle getting into the group, then expect a lot more of those type of commercials. Did you recognize how Ryan Seacrest said it was a "video" when it obviously was a "commercial." lol

FORT Newbie
    America got it right in American Idol when they chose talent over image...I know it's probably a very different set of people voting now but it's not too late to set things straight.

I have nothing against Tori and Taylor...they aren't the two most talented but there's going to be FIVE people in the group, so I think America should now choose the THREE BEST singers to carry this group.

Now that Tori and Taylor are in...let's just stop debating whether they should be in the group...they are already in...please move on. When all is said and done, nobody is going to remember the order in which these kids are selected...so I say let's just vote in the best talent because they are the most deserving.

I know I've said before we should vote in who complements the Thompsons best...but I'm changing my stance...FORGET that the Thompsons are in the group (let them be backup singers for all I care) and vote in the 3 best...not the 3 who look cutest with Tori and Taylor.

After 3 performances, I'm convinced that Lucy, Chantel, and Danielle are the 3 strongest singers in the competition (although I wouldn't be mad at anyone for voting Chauncey in...and I find Morgan talented but annoying). There may be some here that disagree and I don't mind, as long as you are really convinced that you are voting in the best.

For this group to have any credibility, I think you have to vote in the talent and a group with Lucy, Chantel, and Danielle (plus the Thompson sisters to back them up) would sound pretty good. It's been forever since there was a child group that could REALLY SING.

If America continues to vote in the weaker singers, this group will become a walking punchline...I doubt anyone would take this group seriously. You can't argue with good talent- talent will always be respected. Image comes and goes.

Remember what Simon Cowell said: "America is known for great singers, not good singers." I have no problem with singers like the Thompsons- they are good...I just wouldn't pay to hear them sing. You can find talent like the Thompsons at any local talent show. Singers like Lucy, Chantel, and Danielle are much more rare and if America wants to see this group have any success, they should vote at least two of them in.
    Oh, if only Simon could have been involved in this from the start. I f they are goingto make anything of this group now, they should choose AJ, Chantel and Lucy. If they want to sell any CD's that is. I don't remotely see a TV series coming from this... most of the talented kids with "character" are gone.

FORT Newbie
    If they really want to cash in, they should give the Thompsons sisters their own sitcom...although I cringe at the thought.

After the Thompsons, there is no real lock for the group...but you are thinking exactly what I thought that Chauncey will be next, then AJ after Chauncey cause America thinks Chauncey needs a guy to bond with. I will go out on a limb here and predict the final 5 to be: Tori, Taylor, Chauncey, AJ, Chantel...which isn't bad but could've been so much better.
    There will be if they put three older ones in that can sing!

As far as 19E's contracts, they are no different from standard record label deals.

And I'm not addressing this towards you..but before I hear it again, I totally disagree with anyone who thinks that any of these kids are ready to go solo if they don't get voted into a group. None of them have enough charisma to carry themselves in a solo career yet...which makes a group situation the best situation for any of these performers...it's going to help them develop faster, but not too fast.
    I totally agree.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by singerMYself
    Oh, if only Simon could have been involved in this from the start. I f they are goingto make anything of this group now, they should choose AJ, Chantel and Lucy. If they want to sell any CD's that is. I don't remotely see a TV series coming from this... most of the talented kids with "character" are gone.
    I agree with singerMYself

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by singerMYself
    I totally agree.
    I agree too

Snellville... hometown of music's next big superstar.
    I agree but I think it should Lucy, Katelyn, and Danielle. IMO its either got to be Lucy or Chantel, not both.
    YDiana DeGarmo One VoiceY

She dreamed... the impossible dream. She fought the unbeatable foe.
    She's still standing better than she ever did...

This is it! This time I know it's for real.

MY AMERICAN IDOL
    Did you think this fool could never win? Look at her, she's coming back again!

FORT Newbie

I agree

Truth,

Thanks for your posts. I have enjoyed reading them.
    Lucy, Chantel, and Danielle would record well and I think that an all girl group with some great voices and stage presence would work. If the voices are not good enough I probably won't buy a CD.

I wonder what kind of TV show could really work with this scenario? David Cassidy was huge because of the Partridge Family exposure and fan base (am I giving away my age??? =)

If Lucy, Chantel, or Danielle is picked next week then we can continue down this path, if not then we will have to look at it from another angle with a different third person.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicFan
    Truth,

Thanks for your posts. I have enjoyed reading them.
    Lucy, Chantel, and Danielle would record well and I think that an all girl group with some great voices and stage presence would work. If the voices are not good enough I probably won't buy a CD.

I wonder what kind of TV show could really work with this scenario? David Cassidy was huge because of the Partridge Family exposure and fan base (am I giving away my age??? =)

If Lucy, Chantel, or Danielle is picked next week then we can continue down this path, if not then we will have to look at it from another angle with a different third person.
    If there is an AJ2, that's the most obvious way this group would be promoted.

If I'm 19E, I would be using the Internet to my advantage. I'm not sure a TV network would give them a weekly show...but that shouldn't stop them from posting performance clips on a website.

Also, especially because this competition originated on TV...I think that it's only logical to put out a DVD (with music videos, behind the scenes stuff, etc.) to accompany the group's first CD.

As far as 3rd chair in the group, I think it will be between Chauncey and Chantel (with a slight edge to Chauncey heading into the performances). I don't mean to count out the others...but those two seem to have the strongest fanbases. Chantel is a wild card...cause she has to choose the right song...and if she does, she's got more natural stage presence than anyone other than Tori. I think Chauncey will pick up alot of the "cuteness" votes that Tori and Taylor got. It's all going to come down to their performances this week...and particularly, what the JUDGES have to say about it.

FORT Fan
    Also, if Chauncey gets in...someone please gag me before I start to hear all the lame jokes about a potential "From Chauncey to Tori" movie.

FORT Fan
    Also, if Chauncey gets in...someone please gag me before I start to hear all the lame jokes about a potential "From Chauncey to Tori" movie.
    Shhhhh.......someone might see that and get an idea

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast