+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What was Taylor thinking LOL

Far From the Place I Love l2hdd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zippy
    I predict that commercial was our prevue of what they want this group to do... It looked like a kiddie song video, aimed at 3-10 yr-olds. Definitely not a "Pop Sensation." How sad. I had hoped for better. I think some kids are going to be very happy not to make this group.
    I'm afraid you are right. The more I see, the more I stand by my feelings that this group is going to be aimed at the "tweeners" or even younger crowd. I think it is safe to say that even if they aren't singing songs quite this cheesey, (though I thought it was cute and Taylor looked like she was having fun) the level of the songs will not come close to making these kids the chart toppers they may think they will be. Like someone else mentioned though, you have to start somewhere and look what the MMC did for Justin, J.C., Britney, Christina and even Keri Russell from Felicity.

I can't help but wonder if Lucy, Katelyn, A.J. or Chantel had been the first person in the group, would they have been singing about cheeseburgers?

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by l2hdd
    I'm afraid you are right. The more I see, the more I stand by my feelings that this group is going to be aimed at the "tweeners" or even younger crowd. I think it is safe to say that even if they aren't singing songs quite this cheesey, (though I thought it was cute and Taylor looked like she was having fun) the level of the songs will not come close to making these kids the chart toppers they may think they will be. Like someone else mentioned though, you have to start somewhere and look what the MMC did for Justin, J.C., Britney, Christina and even Keri Russell from Felicity.

I can't help but wonder if Lucy, Katelyn, A.J. or Chantel had been the first person in the group, would they have been singing about cheeseburgers?

Yes, the commercial was extremely cheesy, but I doubt that's the kind of thing the group will actually be singing. Do you actually think they'll still be singing songs about Burger King once the final group is formed? As someone else mentioned, even the American Idol contestants had to do really cheesy commercials for Ford. But we don't see Clay and Ruben singing about cars anymore, do we? The Burger King commercials are just something we're going to have to see every week...but once the group is formed, they'll sing normal pop music.

Anyway, I doubt this group will actually become chart-toppers, but we'll see.

If these kids are going to go the same direction of the s club juniors (from europe), then their songs will have more grown up lyrics. I really hope though, that these kids don't go the Olsen Twins route.

Didn't Taylor eerily remind you of one of the Olsen Twins in that cheesy burger video? She looked like them. I could have sworn it was one of the Olsens. Scaaarrryyyy.

"What was taylor thinking LOL" ~Title of the thread

Well, Taylor isn't thinking anymore, now she is a mindless robot who from now on will be programmed to do whatever her record label tells her to do.

I thought it looked like an Olsen Twin video too! I can't wait till her and her sister do one! I wonder what they'll do next time?
    K e l s e y

Keeper of:
    1* All of Jordan's performances!
    2* Jordan's tears!
    3* AJ's face and hair!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by xoxkels06xox
    I thought it looked like an Olsen Twin video too! I can't wait till her and her sister do one! I wonder what they'll do next time?
    Maybe they will both be chased by french fries and escape into a pool of Coca-Cola!

Now that would be classy! I can see it now "big fat french fries chasing me I think I'll just jump into some cold cola and swim my cares away in my way to over-rated promotional film but we're still really cute and fun to watch anyway" song

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234