+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idea "Most Talented Ugliest Juniors"

Idea "Most Talented Ugliest Juniors"

Check this out, before you judge, read my idea. How about a show like "Most Talented Ugliest Juniors". We have a market place where we put really good looking people on, and lets not joke ourselves, lots of how we feel about a certain performer is by the way they look. Canyon wasn't that great a singer, but his looks put him in the top 20. Tori and Taylor has lots of fans for, lets face it, they are cute.

We as a society seems so blinded in awe of some cute face. But they represent a very tiny minority of how most american kids look like. Lets face it, most kids don't match up to kids you see on tv, and we all can remember how it was like growing up feeling ugly, and feeling like losers at home living vicariously through the hollywood cute kids we used to watch on tv.

I say lets make a "Most Talented Ugliest Juniors"!!!! Instead of kids at home watching tv and being programmed to look up to good looking kids, comparing themselves to kid models in magazines and tv shows, they finally now can relate and cheer for people just like themselves, too!!! Look, they see talented cute kids on tv, and some overweight or pimply or horse face kids is at home get depressed, with low self-esteem thinking they are talented, too, but because they feel they don't match up in looks, they end up not believing in themselves.

I know you're saying, "It's the parents responsibility to build their kids up" bla bla bla, but how many of our parents had a bigger influence over us than some mtv rock star or movie star or athlete had over us, if you did have to excellent parents, then you're lucky, but trust me, their's a lot of dead beat parents or parents who don't instill enough substance in their kids. I am not saying kids self-esteem will be all solved by the show I'm talking about, but atleast they will finally be able to relate and actually see people like them can get on tv and get a lot of attention, too, thus feeling more accepted than they are now. Check this out, lets get real, 95% of all kids can't make it as models or even get on the 57th page of a clothing catalogue for goodness sake.

How many kids out their felt they had a great singing voice, but got turned away, because they looked ugly. I bet a ton of them did. I know it and you know it, too. And this does not include the kids who didn't even try out for Juniors, because even with a great voice, they felt to ugly to even show up. It's sick cause of all the images these kids get filled with that they can't live up to.

If kids watch "Most Talented Ugly Juniors". Instead of being blinded by someone cute or feeling inadequate for not looking as good, they finally can say, "I actually look better than someone on tv!!!" and they will also say, "If they can get on tv and get this much attention being that ugly, I believe I can, too!!!" And they will raise their self-esteem and not only that, i believe it will gain huge ratings, cause most people in america don't look like models, and they will be at home, cheering, rooting on the ugly juniors and finally live vicariously through someone they can actually relate to, something we don't have to hide or feel ashamed of, it would teach kids, "look, we too can feel like somebody and get attention, even if we are ugly" Instead of being teased or mocked for ugliness, it is something to feel proud of. Imagine all the depressed, low self esteem kids, overweight kids, butt ugly kids, even ugly adults who used to or still feel like this, at home across America, watching tv, with their hands raised up, cheering, finally feeling like they are part of something and getting recognition for it.

Who's with me????!!!!

Jordan Fan + #1 Cedes fan trunks's Avatar
    No...just no...

*mutters*
    People these days...

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by trunks
    No...just no...

*mutters*
    People these days...
    What an awfully mean thread to start.

Jordan Fan + #1 Cedes fan trunks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    What an awfully mean thread to start.
    Alright, lemme start over, but that was no where near mean...I was being nice.

I don't really like your idea and personally, its just stupid.

Mean? Stupid? Did you guys actually read my "entire" post carefully, and all my reasons for this show?

FORT Fan
    Yahright, I get where you're coming from, and it is a good point that all of the kids in the top 20 were good looking. But think about the other end to this little senario of "ugly juniors": If FOX put, and i hate to sound shallow, "unattractive" kids up on stage, no matter how wonderful their voice, they would get mocked. People at home would make fun of their looks, weight, acne, or whatever else happened to be the child's superficial downfall. In American society, in more cases than not, people enjoy watching "the beautiful people" up on stage." As cruel and unjust as this is, it's the blunt truth. In some cases, yes, overweight and "ugly" people have made it to the spotlight, but the majority of Hollywood are attractive. Back to the kids. Say you have this girl, wonderful voice, but to be horrible, disgusting face. I can see a room full of boys a little older than her watching the show just to mock her. As much as all kids should get an oppertunity, putting them up there to be ridiculded and mocked is hurendous.

Just a note, image is a big part of the total entertainment package. Take for instance, Clay Aiken. The judges told him to change his "look," because it IS important. Just a little connection...

FORT Regular
    I can also see where you're coming from, but calling it "most talented ugly juniors" is definitely a bad idea. How can you build up the self-esteem of these kids if you're going to label them as "ugly" anyway?

FORT Fogey
    I think it'd be funny. Then again, I AM mean and cruel. :muah!:

-Rach

yah, it might turn into a circus rather than a talent show,
    but you guys would still watch right?

FORT Fanatic
    I see where you're coming from too, but that's the worst idea i've ever heard of.

mercy...
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast