+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are we hypocrites?

Are we hypocrites?

There are lot of people all around the place saying things like, "They should judge them on performance/talent, instead of looks." But don't most of us buy a car because it looks good, select a certain dog from the pound cause it's cute and we leave back the ugly dog sitting in the back of the cage, and we'd rather date someone in good shape or with a beautiful smile or eyes if we had the choice? Lets switch sides, lets say your friends got a car, puppy or dating someone new, the first thing you ask is either "How does he/she look or what kind of job does he/she has, before asking about their personality.

FORT Regular
    yeah but all of the top 20 were good looking charismatic kids. That's why it should have been a talent contest. Not all of the top 20 are great singers, and not just any combination of the voices would make a good band.

FORT Fan
    Comparing cars, to dates, to a reality talent competition is a bit of a strech, but I see what you're saying. However, as far as certain things go, we have animal instincts to go for the good looking choices.

FORT Newbie
    I think Danielle is the best singer and I also believe she's the prettiest. But I'm judging her mainly on her voice. I also think I'd still like her, even she wasn't the best-looking.

Morgan's Future Wife LovingMorganB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yahright
    There are lot of people all around the place saying things like, "They should judge them on performance/talent, instead of looks." But don't most of us buy a car because it looks good, select a certain dog from the pound cause it's cute and we leave back the ugly dog sitting in the back of the cage, and we'd rather date someone in good shape or with a beautiful smile or eyes if we had the choice? Lets switch sides, lets say your friends got a car, puppy or dating someone new, the first thing you ask is either "How does he/she look or what kind of job does he/she has, before asking about their personality.

Asking about someone's job is a reasonable question and has nothing to do with looks. If someone is a lawyer or doctor, that says the person is intelligent and stable. but if the person is something like a stripper, that says something completely different. That question DOES show character.
    - Always And Forever Loving Morgan Burke

Morgan fan site!

Street Team!

Morgan's Future Wife LovingMorganB's Avatar
    Also, sometimes a person's appearance does matter. If the person appears to be very dirty and doesn't take care of his/herself, chances are that person wouldn't be very good at taking care of you either.
    - Always And Forever Loving Morgan Burke

Morgan fan site!

Street Team!

+ Reply to Thread