+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Randy and Paula?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    As much as I do like Paula, I think she should reflect on the value of her comments from AI2 or they can find someone else and she can return to recording.
    What did one of her last comments mean anyway, something like no one grows up wanting to be a critic. Did she mean that her career has taken a nose dive and that's why she was a critic? Does anyone know?
    Some of my favorite stupid Paula moments...

"Clay when I critiqued you before, you know it wasn't about your dance steps. It was about your spirit dancing and you did" Um.. sure Paula...

"It's the church of Ruben and I beleive!!! Amen" lol

About no one wanting to grow up to be a critic.. Lord knows what she had been smoking that night!

ETA about the judges... I think they should keep both of them. Although I do not like the excessive use of Dawg by Randy.. I think he can deliver a message with out being either too nice or too mean.

Paula... Not very constructive criticism, but I love watching the "chemistry" between Simon and Paula. ew just had a flashback to that disgusting commericial where they kiss. Also, I love laughing at her stupid comments (see above)

Okay yeah I think that removing any of the judges would ruin.. well not ruin... oh i can't think of the word... but I wouldn't think of it as the same. Like when I watch American Juniors I am so used to hearing Simon, Paula Randy that I usually change channels or get up to get a drink during the judges comments. But maybe the introduction of guest judges on AI2 was to prepare us for a change in the lineup??? lol
    Last edited by pinkieparrot; 07-15-2003 at 06:16 PM.

I like Randy J. as a judge, hope they don't replace him even though he does say dawg a lot, who cares. His comments are fair, not biased IMO.

Paula, she's too nice, she needs to look at her comments and stop sugar coating everything, she'd be much better then.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    Some of my favorite stupid Paula moments...

"Clay when I critiqued you before, you know it wasn't about your dance steps. It was about your spirit dancing and you did" Um.. sure Paula...

Have you seen "Bring It On"?

When she said that I couldn't stop thinking about "spirit fingers".

I hope they'll knock off the whole "Simon and Paula hate each other, but secretly love each other" thing from AI3.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I like Randy J. as a judge, hope they don't replace him even though he does say dawg a lot, who cares. His comments are fair, not biased IMO.

Paula, she's too nice, she needs to look at her comments and stop sugar coating everything, she'd be much better then.

u rock i rock lets kiss! ClayAiken#1Fan's Avatar
    Hey Clay said that his fav judge was Randy, beacause he does tell the true critisim. I mean Simon seems like critisizing is all that he does. And not to be mean but Paula is never mean. Do not get me wrong I mean it would not be the same with Paula!
    I lOvE clay aiken

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Though he may be the most moderate of the judges, that doesn't really say much. Given the extremes that are Simon and Paula, most people would seem moderate. And moderate does not necessarily mean he's fair, though I think he usually was. My real issue with him is that he didn't really say anything substantial in any of his comments. 90% of them could be reduced to thumbs up/down: "I felt it," "I wasn't really feeling it", "you did your thing", "it was OK". To me, his comment this year were so content-free that it was always uninteresting and a bit of a let down. With Paula, we could at least try to guess what mixture of pilss and drinks she was on that night

I WANT CLAYS CD!!!!!!!!!! KennaLovesClay1's Avatar
    "Have you seen "Bring It On"?

When she said that I couldn't stop thinking about "spirit fingers"."

HAHA oh my gosh that was funny! i just got a image of clay doing spirt fingers

Sorry i tried to fix the quote thing but i couldnt get it
    "Clay, hands down. He's the most dedicated, he's the most determined, and he's the most deserving. Ruben's got a great voice, but it's not better than Clay's in terms of clarity, power and vocal ability. I mean, he's NEVER been off pitch, EVER." - Josh Gracin

"Clay's my dawg." - Ruben
    "Ruben hits me." - Clay

"When your world breaks down and the voices tell you turn around, when your dreams give out I will carry you"- I Will Carry You by Clay Aiken

American Idol Fanatic IdolFreak05's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    IdolFreak, I don't think he was going to be a permanent judge. I think I heard somewhere that he was going to be a guest/celebrity judge but couldn't because of his tour committments.
    Ahh I bet that is true since they had the one DJ lady.. All I know is what I heard but they could always be lieing..

FORT Newbie
    I don't like the judges. I've been watching Canadian Idol lately. I hate the host (with the heat of a thousand suns) and haven't latched onto any of the contestants. But i watch because I know AI would NEVER have judges this good, gotta appreciate.

FORT Fan
    I also think that the show wouldn't be the same w/o Randy and from what I hear Randy isn't going to be the same Randy in a little while. He just had that stomach-stapling surgery (like the weather guy on the Today show) to help lose weight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast