+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tamyra,Kelly - Teen Choice Awards

Who won best male reality TV star damn it!!

Just had to add that Kelly looks so darn cute in these photos..and kudos to her for her win!
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    Just had to add that Kelly looks so darn cute in these photos..and kudos to her for her win!
    Yeah--she looks great

I heard that Ruben won "most scariest moment" (from when he was in the bottom 2)
    "It's not the money. It's not the fame. It's the influence" --Clay Aiken

ruben,ryan,kelly,paula,and the American idol show won somthing at the teen choice awards. good job to all of them.

FORT Fanatic
    Scariest Moment In Reality TV was awarded to Ruben I believe for being in the bottom 2 results night of Neil Sedaka.

And I must say, it was scarier than the cliff jump on Celebrity Mole and the high wire on Fear Factor . Who wants him voted off after "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do"?

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaNZ
    Who won best male reality TV star damn it!!
    You know him as Ruben Studdard.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I have to say, I hope a load of non-teens aren't going to vote and "corrupt" the results.

This is the chance for teens to have their say.

I really hope that only teens will vote in polls and contests that are supposed to reflect teens' choices.

And congratulations to Ruben, Ryan, Kelly, etc., for their awards, which show that they were at least among the top 4 vote getters in their categories. This is an honor in itself.

But as for "corrupting" the results, how you corrupt a selection process that's already heavily misunderstood by many folks?
    The winners, if what I've been reading is correct, are selected -- by Fox and other PTB -- from the top 4 vote getters in each category, not elected by the teens' votes as such.

Theoretically, then, somenone could receive about 5% of the votes and still be designated the winner in their category.

This would not bother me if this aspect of the "contest" were more widely publicized, so there would not be so many people assuming that if Kelly won, for example, it means she got the most votes.

Add to this the fact that TPTB saw fit to award Kobe Bryant top honors in his category, when they had the option to select a less controversial role model for teens. Makes me wonder what criteria they used for choosing among the top 4 in each category.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Hmmm, I thought Fox decided the contenders the teens then voted for

I'm really not sure.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella

The winners, if what I've been reading is correct, are selected -- by Fox and other PTB -- from the top 4 vote getters in each category, not elected by the teens' votes as such.

Theoretically, then, somenone could receive about 5% of the votes and still be designated the winner in their category.
    Oh god.. come on.. not another conspiracy theory. :rolleyes Can you just be happy for the people that won and shut up about the conspiracy. PLEASE ?

Grisabella, I found your post the most ingenuine of all crap. First you applaud for those that won then.. you come back and say.. hey... Psssst... "by the way, it's fixed".
    Last edited by RubenFan#205; 08-13-2003 at 01:03 PM.

FORT Regular
    come on.. not another conspiracy theory.
    Well, Fox doesn't exactly have the best of records. Why is it so far-fetched to suggest that they may have switched some of the results to their liking? After all, the very last thing the AI franchise and Fox needs right now is another instance of Clay outdoing Ruben. As Grisabella pointed out, the rules to this are rather sketchy, and the awards themselves are virtually meaningless. That the results didn't reflect the votes is very possible. This isn't a presidential election we're talking about here. (oh, wait a minute...)

Speaking of votes, did Fox actually publish the exact totals? Now that I think of it, they never put out the week-by-week totals for either AI season either. Funny, that. Just one of the many behaviors that cause Fox-related votes to be seen as conspiracies.

And I'm putting this here because my post on the Ruben thread about this was deleted: Does anyone really still think that Ruben is more popular than Clay?

Can you just be happy for the people that won
    Huh?? But these awards are such a joke, anyway. If I were a Ruben fan I'd be a lot happier about his other successes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast