+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 82 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Clay Aiken, Part VIII

Clay Aiken, Part VIII

Carry on...

The real story behind the doll that someone threw on stage! Original source unknown. I got it off another message board from a poster who had got it from somewhere else. The paragraphing is my own, because it was just a solid block of text. Since that act and the accompanying *hmm* remark seems to have sparked a bit of discussion I thought people might be interested...

Edit: Hey, I'm the first to post a reply in the new thread!

just got back from the Indianapolis concert, and I know that I said the Chicago concert was great, but it didn't even COMPARE to this. I'm sorry if this is a little choppy, but I am so excited I can barely even think.

Anyway, my sister went with me to the concert (we're twins, and we were dressed exactly alike in our homemade Clay shirts, which, might I add, everyone commented on and loved, and both had our hair in a half ponytail.) We thought it might make us more noticable to be exactly alike lol. We had 6th row, pretty close to centerseats. We had made a sign that said, "Clayton, we'll give you a dollar to sing!" and another sign that said "Wink for us Clay" (yeah, that one wasn't original). We got this beanie baby kid that sort of looked like Clay and wrote Clay on it. It just a pair of shorts on. We had planned on just throwing it on stage, but then my sister got the idea to put a dollar in it so we could throw it up if Clay saw the sign. (We NEVER thought he actually would). So he finishes this is the night and my sister holds up the "wink" sign and i hold up the "dollar." I see him scanning the posters, and all of a sudden he goes, "Do I get that dollar now?!" I ALMOST DIED! Clay was talking to ME! He obviously expected me not to have the dollar, but I shook my head up and down and he laughed and was like, "She says yes! haha!" So I reach down and grab the doll and whip it on stage. When he saw it go up there he said something like, "I'm gonna see what this is. It better not be a pair of ladies' panties!" When he picked up the doll he thought it was hilarious, and he started laughing. He showed it to the audience and held it up as he went on talking about whatever he was talking about. (I couldn't concentrate at this point!) Then he looked down at the doll again and I think he realized the dollar was sticking out of the shorts, and he laughed again. OMG!!!!!!!!!!

I thought the night was too good to be true already, but I was definitely wrong! After "I've had the time of my life" a few people left, so my sister and I were able to move up to 3rd row center. The people at this concert weren't as energetic as in Chicago, and all the ones around us were sitting down. My and my sis were like the only ones standing. So Clay comes out for invisible and sings the WHOLE first verse staring directly at us! I couldn't believe it! I got really shy so I had to look away for a sec, but when I looked back he was smiling and STILL staring my way. THEN, during "God Bless the USA," my sister and I were holding up the "wink" sign. We didn't wanna hold it up over our heads cuz we didn't wanna block the view of the people in back of us, so I guess Clay couldn't see it. All of a sudden, after the song's done, Julia runs up and taps Clay and points at our sign. I guess he still didn't read what it said, she he just smiled really big and waved at us. She tapped him again and shook her head and had him read the sign. So he gets the *I'm about to wink* smile on his face and winks at us! We FREAKED out!

Alright, so after the concert we're all waiting for the buses to come. My dad was like, I'll let you wait, but I think it's pretty silly. You won't see them! (My dad had driven us because he seems to think that even though we're going to college in the fall, we're incapable of a 3 hour drive.) So we're sitting there for about a half hour and all of a sudden I hear everyone screaming. I figured the buses were pulling out, so I ran over the the wall and Clay was standing RIGHT there! Someone had asked him for an autograph but he was like, "Sorry, I can't sign autographs! I just really wanted to come out to see the fans!" (Is this guy for real? How can someone be soooo incredibly sweet?) So he goes by and takes everyone's hand for a second, and when he came to me he took my hand and literally didn't let go for at least five seconds. He kept holding onto it as he walked by, and finally let go when he was about to reach for someone a little farther by. My dad was laughing at me after this because I was totally going crazy. I shook Clay's hand! haha

So then about 10 minutes later the bus pulls out and Clay, Carmen, and someone else (can't remember) were hanging out the window. Clay waved to me and smiled really big, then he looked at my sister, pointed, and laughed (I'm sure he recognized us). It was just so incredibly amazing! This was, without a doubt, definitely one of the best (if not the best) nights of my life. I'm sorry this was so long, but I had to share with everyone! By the way, if anyone was at the Indy concert and took pictures when Clay was holding the doll, PLEASE let me know! I'm DEFINITELY willing to pay! This is probably out of reach, but if anyone has a video of the concert, I would just die to have a copy! Okay, I'm done now! )

~Michelle~

Daphne
    Here are pictures of Clay and Carmen.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Daphne
    Here Is another.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Niphredil
    The real story behind the doll that someone threw on stage! Original source unknown. I got it off another message board from a poster who had got it from somewhere else. The paragraphing is my own, because it was just a solid block of text. Since that act and the accompanying *hmm* remark seems to have sparked a bit of discussion I thought people might be interested...

Edit: Hey, I'm the first to post a reply in the new thread!
    WOW, you sound like you and your sister had so much fun. Lucky you, wish I could've been there.

That was a great idea with the dollar sticking out of the doll and the sign.

Taz
    Access Hollywood said they have a surprise for Clay during the video shoot? I wonder what it is.

I'm hoping for a gold record but, i don't think that is what it will be. But then again, who knows.

I saw today that the TRL show on MTV is gonna show something from the AI concert tour on Thursday.

I WANT CLAYS CD!!!!!!!!!! KennaLovesClay1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz
    Access Hollywood said they have a surprise for Clay during the video shoot? I wonder what it is.

I'm hoping for a gold record but, i don't think that is what it will be. But then again, who knows.

Seriously?! Im planing on watching ET cause something is supposed to be on there right? because my access hollywood isnt on till 1:30 here and i didnt want to stay up that late but if that "suprise" isnt going to be on ET looks like i have to stay up! i cant wait!!!
    "Clay, hands down. He's the most dedicated, he's the most determined, and he's the most deserving. Ruben's got a great voice, but it's not better than Clay's in terms of clarity, power and vocal ability. I mean, he's NEVER been off pitch, EVER." - Josh Gracin

"Clay's my dawg." - Ruben
    "Ruben hits me." - Clay

"When your world breaks down and the voices tell you turn around, when your dreams give out I will carry you"- I Will Carry You by Clay Aiken

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11
    WOW, you sound like you and your sister had so much fun. Lucky you, wish I could've been there.

That was a great idea with the dollar sticking out of the doll and the sign.

Just thought I'd better clarify this. Not me! It wasn't me! I was quoting a post from another board. The odds of me actually getting to see Clay live in the near future are probably about a million-to-one.

Of course, we all know that million-to-one odds always turn out nine times out if ten.

I wish.

(Heh, anyone who reads Terry Pratchett here? You'll know what I'm talking about. )

Taz
    When i went to the access hollywood site, and looked up my state it also said 130 am, on cbs. Then, i looked in my tv guide, and it actually comes on at 1130 so kenna, i would check a tv guide if i were you, if you haven't already.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 82 123456789101151 ... LastLast