+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 327273747576777879808182

Thread: Clay Aiken, Part VIII

ClayTinaLa
    You can get your own Clay Aiken custom Video CD compilation. YOU choose what is in it - all videos are in Windows Media (MPG) format. They have the largest Clay collection on the Net! Please send an e-mail from the web site.

http://www.angelfire.com/music5/clayforever0/

OR

http://clayforever.bravehost.com/

FORT Newbie

Worcester Concert

I don't post very often…but I had such an exciting weekend in Worcester I just had to share it. I was lucky to have tickets for both Friday and Saturday and my daughter went with me. She was a fan but I am the Clay 'nut'.
    The entire concert was fabulous, but my eyes were for Clay. Friday night we had 6th row, off-center seats. I certainly didn't need the binoculars I had tucked into my bag. I couldn't get over how well we could see everything. The most amazing part of the night was when Clay read one of our signs…it said "Throw us a kiss Clay" and when he moved closer to us, he kissed his fingers and reached out to us. I thought I would die. He was singing "Can You Feel the Love Tonight". I couldn't believe it; I felt like a teeny-bopper! It almost feels like a daze now. ..I wish I could relive every move he made and note he sang. He was absolutely terrific.

Shirt Tug: He didn't wear a sports' jersey either night (I think he and Ruben are swapping that privilege off and on) but he came out with a dark striped shirt with the front tucked in and the back shirttail hanging out. He did the shirt tug several times. I think he tried to pull the front out while he was tugging. It didn't pull out easily so he did it 2 or 3 times more until the one side was completely out (reminded me of RS cover). (I wanted to yell "Keep going, Clay, keep pulling on it) On Saturday, his shirt was out when he came on stage, so he only did one or 2 shirt tugs.

His Voice: I think he sounded great! His eyes may have looked a little tired though. The crowd was VERY loud for Clay, especially Friday. Also for Ruben and KimL. On Saturday night, I was in the balcony and looked around at the fans and signs cheering for Clay. He can definitely sell out the Centrum Centre on his own…everyone loved him.

Signs: Friday night, Clay scanned the signs and started to giggle a lot because someone had a sign that said something about 'Mooing'. He pointed and said something like "What's that about?" and kept laughing. At one point, someone must have been doing something with their sign, like insisting on being recognized, and he waved his hand down and said something about "I saw it". For anyone planning on bringing a sign, my suggestion would be to be creative and write something different on both sides. That way you can use the sign at the appropriate times. On Friday, when he was introducing his new song, he said something like "You probably never heard of this song" while he scanned the signs and said "No (like he didn't see a sign with the word Invisible), it's on my new album, it's called Invisible". Then on Saturday night, someone had a huge sign saying "Invisible" (word travels fast). I had a sign on Sat. that said "Clay's not INVISIBLE to us" but there's no way he could have seen it where I was.

Dancing: I think we all agree that Clay does not need to dance. All he has to do is stand there and sing. BUT….between the shirt tugs and moving around the stage, he is definitely 'dancing' for us. When he does the deep knee bends….WOW! Everyone went crazy, but you could tell they quickly restrained themselves so the could hear every note.
    When he sang Invisible, he ran from one side of the stage to the other….he was amazing! He does not need fancy choreography, just a few gestures and he has made his impact on the audience.

And Clay really enjoys himself on stage and entertains his fellow performers along the way. Friday night I noticed that when he was dancing with Carmen (very close) she had a huge smile on her face and he was murmuring something to her. On Saturday, when he was dancing close with one of the stage dancers (with the long blonde hair) she was laughing. He must be quite a lot of fun to be around…even on stage when they have so much to think about regarding their performance, etc.

The whole show was terrific. Kim Locke was outstanding and the audience loved her. She has a powerful voice. I wasn't crazy about the pyrotechnics. When I was up close on Friday, it was a little frightening. But of course, I haven't been to a concert in years. What a fabulous weekend!

[ link=www.http://pub162. Reneaura's Avatar

Clay's Demo CDs

I have wondered for a long time about how Clay's demo cds (there are
    2, aren't there?)came about. Before asking the pertinent questions
    though, I'd like to note here that his demo songs are what have
    helped keep me restrained in my chair and not go over to RCA
    and 'whup up' on some folks for not getting Clay music out to us all
    sooner. Its only because I have all of his beautiful demo stuff to
    listen to that I have been able to keep my sanity intact while we all play
    this 'waiting' game...what about some of the rest of you? How would
    you feel if you didn't have Clay' demos to listen to these past
    months?

When & where were they made? Also, who did the instumentals for
    them? They sound soooooo professional! Were they made by Clay as an
    effort to get his music played on radio or were they just made for
    family and friends? I have never seen this subject discussed in any
    depth on the Clay Boards--it probably has been...I just missed it.
    Anyhow, if any of you know details, I'd love to hear....Thanks,
    Rene
    (Renaura) Official Keeper of Clay's Beautiful Aura
    Clay Warrior #2222
    Rene

Quote Originally Posted by lwcmv
    moved closer to us, he kissed his fingers and reached out to us. I thought I would die. He was singing "Can You Feel the Love Tonight"

I wasn't crazy about the pyrotechnics. When I was up close on Friday, it was a little frightening. But of course, I haven't been to a concert in years. What a fabulous weekend!

He reached out to me during the same song the next night!

I agree with you about the pyrotechnics. I was in the 3rd row on the right, and if i remember correctly the fire first shot out during Trenyce's "Proud Mary" performance. Scared the crap out of me because I was so close I really felt the heat. There was that one group song where the fire kept shooting out. I spent that whole song with my arms up over my head. That's just me, though. I have a fear of fire. But I overcame it for Clay. I'm wondering if they will still have the fire when they perform in Providence? I know the Warwick fire was on my mind while I was at the show. But, I guess pyrotechnics are to be expected at concerts these days. (This was my first concert, so this was my first time experiencing indoor pyrotechnics.)
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

[QUOTE=Reneaura]I have wondered for a long time about how Clay's demo cds (there are
    months?

I'm glad I was able to buy his demos before 19E made his family stop selling them. Clay's demos have been on repeat on my CD player since I received them.

Rene

Clay made his demos as a present for his family, not as an effort to get them played on the air. One of his friends had a studio in their house and offered it to Clay. I believe he was only 19 when he made these demos.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Terena79
    He reached out to me during the same song the next night!

I agree with you about the pyrotechnics. I was in the 3rd row on the right, and if i remember correctly the fire first shot out during Trenyce's "Proud Mary" performance. Scared the crap out of me because I was so close I really felt the heat. There was that one group song where the fire kept shooting out. I spent that whole song with my arms up over my head. That's just me, though. I have a fear of fire. But I overcame it for Clay. I'm wondering if they will still have the fire when they perform in Providence? I know the Warwick fire was on my mind while I was at the show. But, I guess pyrotechnics are to be expected at concerts these days. (This was my first concert, so this was my first time experiencing indoor pyrotechnics.)
    I couldn't believe my eyes when he actually had read our sign and right in the middle of singing, he threw the kiss...it was absolutely thrilling! I want more!

About the pyrotechnics, I was absolutely frightened and the Warwick fire came to mind immediately. I pray they don't do that in Providence because so many people are still deeply effected by the losses there. And it isn't something people may be prepared for at an AI concert. It was dramatic but I think I had my eyes at the ceiling the entire time it was happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Reneaura
    I have wondered for a long time about how Clay's demo cds (there are
    months?

Rene
    (Renaura) Official Keeper of Clay's Beautiful Aura
    Clay Warrior #2222
    Check back earlier in this thread (do a search for "demo") and there is more info on them.
    They were not really demos, just locally done CDs that Clay had available for purchase at some gigs in Raleigh (and Charlotte?). Faye gave him some studio recording time as a HS graduation gift.
    www.clayaikenonline used to have all those songs for d/l, but I don't know if they still do.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. §;-D

Please continue your discussion of Clay here.

+ Reply to Thread