+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: American Juniors 2 Not To Happen?

AmericnJnr, I've sent you a private message which you apparently haven't read. We do not use "lingo" on this site. Please take a few extra seconds and type out real words. If you can't do that, I'll have to start deleting your messages, because they're unreadable garbage so far.

Thank you.

FORT Fan
    If there is no AJ2...where is the group going to get exposure? Is there a possibility of a "making the band" type series after the 5 members have been picked? I can't see it getting high ratings...but I do think that Fox owes something like that to the group that makes it.

FORT Fogey
    If they WERE to have AJ2, they'd have to have it during the summer, so the kids would'nt miss school. Also, I think if they do, the age should be 10-15. JMO

-Rach

Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeah
    ...If Banzai performs well, that show could end up taking AJ's spot on the fall schedule.
    It doesn't look like AJ has anything to fear from "Banzai" so far.

"Dateline" moved into the lead at 8 p.m., scoring a 5.5/10 for the hour. ABC's movie improved to 4.4/8, good enough to beat "Becker" and the start of the movie "The Mask of Zorro" on CBS. FOX stayed in fourth with "The Simpsons," 4.1/8, and the premiere of "Banzai," 3.5/6. The WB trailed with a "Charmed" rerun.

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,617|82274|1|,00.html

Tuesday's ratings in comparison:

"Big Brother 4," which has several ex-couples cooped up in the house this season, debuted with a 6.1/11 to win the 8 p.m. hour. "Dog Eat Dog," 4.8/9, finished second for NBC. FOX took third with "American Juniors," 4.6/9, while ABC's "8 Simple Rules ..." and "Life with Bonnie" combined for fourth. UPN averaged 2.8/5 with a highlight show from "America's Next Top Model," and The WB trailed with a "Gilmore Girls" rerun.

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,617|82193|1|,00.html

FORT Frosh
    Unfortunately, the Banzai premiere performed respectably if not spectacularly, winning its time period and retaining 83% of its "Simpsons" lead-in, according to the Hollywood Reporter. So we shouldn't expect it to be canceled anytime soon.

Anyway, it doesn't seem to matter. American Idol 3, which starts auditions next month, will probably run through October, or longer due to the baseball post-season. So if there is an American Juniors 2, we might not see it until November.

Even though auditions start in August, they won't start airing the show until January. But it wouldn't surprise me if they have an AI2 Concert Special planned, even though they haven't announced anything like that.

FORT Fan
    I find it really hard to believe they would try to recreate yet another group this fall ...before this so called group even can rehearse, record etc..

I do know that in the UK their S Club group had a tv show...and simon fuller has often spoken of the "monkees show" concept *an old US tv show with a "created band" that had some hits 30 years ago...

JMO>>> they may have planned on running some juniors group shows this fall..and/or even added some people to the group...however..the ratings are really bad...yes, it is summer,but people are watching other reality shows...ie, FLOM1 was top rated show in country 2 weeks ago..
    with bad ratings the juniors are not gonna be starting a 2nd group...now ..they may film a "special" and let the kids peform etc..have it on hand as filler..

this is probably a cheap show to produce in some ways, but the logicistics of what to do with the group, the kids, the parents, etc after the show is over is pretty mindboggling...

any ideas as to how long the group will stay together?? will all famlies move to LA or???

*singing*
    Hey hey, we're the Juniors!!
    And people say we Junior around
    And we're to busy singing
    To put anybody down!!

Can someone tell me if they are going to have AMerican Juniors this week? Is it on both days or only one day? and if it's one day, is it tuesday or wednesday????

It's on for both days this week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast