+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Predictions For The Future Of The Finalists

  1. #1
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    774

    Predictions For The Future Of The Finalists

    Let's hear some predictions of where the future will take the finalists.

    Taylor/Tori. After being in the group, which will have fairly disappointing record sales, their mother will blame the three other kids and start "The Thompsons", a duet group. They will not see too much success.

    Chantel. If she makes the group, she will be one of the more-talented members; but will never be able to step out of the Thompson shadow, until tensions forces her to go solo; where she will not be too successful. I really don't know what to expect if she doesn't make the group.

    Lucy. If she makes the group, she'll be the lead singer; causing tension. If not, she'll probably go solo & be successful, until she starts using her music to push her over as a sex symbol; then an actress; then a dancer, ultimately killing her career.

    AJ. If he makes the group, he'll have a lot of attention on him - which will, AGAIN, upset the Thompsons. He'll eventually try a solo career, but won't see too much recognition & will eventually resort to appearing as a guest judge on American Babies (I hope you FULLY get the joke here).

    Chauncey. If he makes the group, he won't be a focus but he won't care. If not, he'll probably try something in a year or two, but won't succeed.

    Katelyn. Will go into modeling, and will probably use that to get some fans. She'll then get some low-profile acting roles, and eventually release a CD that even though will have some talent, won't get her much respect.

    Jordan. If she doesn't make it; I see her continuing on these talent shows as that's the only way she can get appeal in my opinion.

    Morgan. See Jordan.

    Danielle. Will go right into taking a "youth" Broadway role; and will eventually release an album.

  2. #2
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    110
    lol that was funny. I can actually see that happening to some of these kids...good predictions.

    I just disagree with the one about Jordan. She seemed to live a pretty normal life before American Juniors because she doesn't really have a lot of experience and I assume she'll go back to a normal life if she doesn't make the group and no one will ever see her again.

  3. #3
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    324
    Interesting post...

    I think it's way too early to call at their young ages...but one thing that I think that hurts all of these children is they are getting into the business at such a young age. Their voices haven't fully developed yet, they don't really know who they are as artists yet...and if this group doesn't go well, their careers might not ever recover.

    See below for my take on some of your other comments...

    Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeah
    Let's hear some predictions of where the future will take the finalists.

    Taylor/Tori. After being in the group, which will have fairly disappointing record sales, their mother will blame the three other kids and start "The Thompsons", a duet group. They will not see too much success.
    Haha...what's scary is I can actually see that happening.

    Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeah
    Chantel. If she makes the group, she will be one of the more-talented members; but will never be able to step out of the Thompson shadow, until tensions forces her to go solo; where she will not be too successful. I really don't know what to expect if she doesn't make the group.
    Actually, I think Chantel is the most likely to experience solo success...but she's more suited to be an ensemble performer at her age. I still can't believe that this show discovered such a great natural singer at age 13...with her voice, looks, personality, I'd be surprised if she doesn't become a star. She's got the X-factor. Being in a group would be perfect for her because I think in a couple years, her voice will mature enough to be a solo artist. I hate to make comparisons...but I see her as a young Kelly Clarkson.

    Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeah
    Lucy. If she makes the group, she'll be the lead singer; causing tension. If not, she'll probably go solo & be successful, until she starts using her music to push her over as a sex symbol; then an actress; then a dancer, ultimately killing her career.
    I don't think she's ready to go solo yet...what's scary is that her voice is ready to go solo...but I don't sense that she has the personality that is ready to handle a solo career yet. There is something very "diva" about her...but she's just not old enough or experienced enough to sing those power ballads that her voice is suited for. If I were a record exec and she didn't make the group, I think she'd be worth signing then stash her away for a few years as she develops, then allow her to be that diva in her late teens.

    Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeah
    AJ. If he makes the group, he'll have a lot of attention on him - which will, AGAIN, upset the Thompsons. He'll eventually try a solo career, but won't see too much recognition & will eventually resort to appearing as a guest judge on American Babies (I hope you FULLY get the joke here).
    AJ's interesting...because there's something very "teen idol" about him...if he gets into the group, he's gonna have alot of fans. I do hear in his voice that it's changing as he goes through puberty, so we have really no idea what he's going to end up sounding like...especially because he likes to sing in the falsetto. He's very talented...but it's tough to project how successful a 12 year old boy is going to be before he even finds his own voice.

    Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeah
    Chauncey. If he makes the group, he won't be a focus but he won't care. If not, he'll probably try something in a year or two, but won't succeed.
    Chauncey's even younger than AJ...the thing about him is he may be GOOD ENOUGH to be in the group now, but he's just NOT READY. The other side of this is that being so young and innocent is part of his appeal...I'm not sure what Chauncey is going to be like when he gets older...all I know is that he's not going to be as cute as he is now. It's way too early to tell with him.

    Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeah
    Katelyn. Will go into modeling, and will probably use that to get some fans. She'll then get some low-profile acting roles, and eventually release a CD that even though will have some talent, won't get her much respect.
    She's not talented enough to have a career in singing...and last time I checked, you need a personality to do acting. I can see why the judges have mentioned modeling as a possible career.

    Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeah
    Jordan. If she doesn't make it; I see her continuing on these talent shows as that's the only way she can get appeal in my opinion.
    Like Katelyn, she's just not talented enough. The thing I'm scared about is writing these kids off too early. Who knows? Jordan and Katelyn could develop real strong voices 5 years from now...but as far as now while they are on the show, they stand out as the two least talented.

    Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeah
    Morgan. See Jordan.
    He's different...cause he actually has some professional singing experience and he was on America's Most Talented Kid. It seems like fame or bust for this kid. I definately agree with you if you are implying that if Morgan doesn't make this group, he'll keep on trying out for reality shows.

    Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeah
    Danielle. Will go right into taking a "youth" Broadway role; and will eventually release an album.
    I do agree that she may be better suited for theater based on what we've seen from her...but there's just something so unique about her voice...there hasn't been anyone like her in decades...she's the sleeper of this group...because several years from now, after she's matured, if she develops the demeanor to be a pop star, she could be one with that voice...I think she would be great with a live band behind her.

  4. #4
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,291
    What about Katelyn.... you didn't mention her YeahYeah... or maybe I just didn't see it..

    -Rach

  5. #5
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    774
    I did.

    And, about the acting thing.. the reason I said low profile acting is that I could see her making a guest appearance on a show or something as herself (a model at the time), but no, she wouldn't win an academy award.

  6. #6
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    25
    danielle's voice has a special clarity, kind of like allison kraus. it just seems so effortless and beautiful

  7. #7
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    25
    danielle just opens her mouth and music flows out, it's beautiful

  8. #8
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by maleady33
    What about Katelyn.... you didn't mention her YeahYeah... or maybe I just didn't see it..

    -Rach
    I agree, I love Katelyn and Chantel, the most talented girls who made the show

  9. #9
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    I agree, I love Katelyn and Chantel, the most talented girls who made the show
    Katelyn, chantel and Lucy

  10. #10
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,291
    If you want Katelyn to make it go here and pass it on: www.4stepwebsite.com/vote4katelyn

    -Rach

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.