Everyone makes such a big deal about who is going to get into this groupÖbut is getting into this group even that big a deal? Personally, I see this group doomed for failure for several reasons:
1) The Thompson sisters- I have nothing against them, as they are obviously talented. But the spotlight is always going to be on them- itís always going to seem like the ďThompson Sisters Group.Ē Also, even though they sing well, I donít think that they have the type of voices that are going to translate well to recording. They have definitely benefited from this competition being on TV.
2) Lack of fan support- To begin with, this show doesnít have a large fan base. And those who watch the show arenít necessarily music buyers.
3) No MTV or radio support- Where are they going to get the exposure to build the fan base?
4) Itís based off a reality TV competition- Iím not sure if people realize thisÖbut eventually these Juniors are going to have to go into the recording studio. People should be voting for the singers who could be good recording artists, not the kids who look cutest on stage.
5) When was the last time a group of kids under age 13 actually sold records? Another Bad Creation? Immature? I think normally, the music buying public is looking for teenagers a little bit older (i.e. New Edition, B2K) to really take seriously.
If I were a contestant not named Thompson, Iím not sure if I would even want to make this group. It may be better for these kids careers to get the exposure through the show, not make the group, and use the show as a stepping stone.
How many of you actually plan on purchasing the Juniors album? How many of you really expect the Juniors album to be good? Or for the group to have any longevity?